Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Could the subforums, especially regarding the discussion of BG3's EA, feature a pinned and lock thread or other obvious announcement of the forum rules and guidelines for welcomed content and behaviour.
As the purpose of the EA forums is to serve as a platform for feedback from all players of the EA, it would be good to avoid curating a community with is hostile or unwelcoming to players outside of it's demographic.
While the forum rules are available through the UI, discussions and trends have suggested that these rules lack prominence and that perhaps additional guidelines be required to ensure that all players can voice input, and so the game can be made with all players in mind where players would feel unwelcome to the current forum community, unwelcomed by changes to game developed on the basis of that feedback.

Thank you.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I shall bring it up with the community managers. I am aware of a certain tendency towards e.g. intellectual snobbery which I presume is what you are referring to as it is an ongoing problem with certain fringe elements of RPG communities. That is not something Larian wishes to encourage. I have also been rather absent lately for personal reasons but hope to get back up to speed in the New Year.

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
apprentice
Agreed, I was just looking for some pinned thread with rules but couldn't find it. I think it would even make Larian's life easier if things around here were a tiny bit more organized, assuming they tend to read suggestions and feedback made on this forum

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thank you!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by A_va
Agreed, I was just looking for some pinned thread with rules but couldn't find it.

The link is at the bottom-left of most (all?) pages, but I agree it's not terribly intuitive.

The rules are likely to be more strictly enforced in the New Year; as much as we believe in free speech and that a community would ideally self-moderate, there are a few people who have been regularly taking liberties.

Last edited by vometia; 27/12/20 06:31 AM. Reason: grammar etc

J'aime le fromage.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Whilst I agree that accessing the Forum Rules is a little awkward and not obvious, I would like to think that most folk wouldn't (or shouldn't) need them. If we stick to basic civility in posts and treat posting as we would a conversation face-to-face, what are left are the sort of posters who wouldn't stick to the rules anyway.

Maybe I'm just a bit optimistic in what I think is possible to expect on a forum?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
There is that. Mostly it's pretty basic stuff which is that conducting oneself as one would IRL is a reasonable guideline. If someone feels they need to start quoting the rules it's a much better idea to hit the report button instead of risking the barrack-room lawyer approach (though I'm aware I'm not the only moderator who's experienced the delight of having the rules explained to me by Someone Who Knows Better™).

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard