Next Thread
Print Thread
#542659 13/08/14 02:06 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I am playing on hard and have a glass cannon mage who is level 7 with a base constitution of 5. I swore when I considered picking glass cannon she had more vitality but I am looking at her with 52 vitality now when gearless. Does anyone know the vitality calculation? I searched but couldn't find any info on vitality gains per level. I just want to make sure she isn't bugged. My other hero a level 7, lone wolf, 5 constitution glass cannon has 200 vitality.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Here's a thread where people (myself included) are discussing this: "So how does Constitution work?"

A couple things I would need to know would be the difficulty you are playing on and if you are using any mods. Also, you would need to check the health "gained from constitution". This can be found when you mouse over your characters health in the Inventory screen.

Last edited by Kustos; 13/08/14 04:23 AM.
I
iru Offline
apprentice
apprentice
I
The way vitality is calculated makes the -50% from glass cannon differ in actual vitality decrease by a lot.

Normal mode gives a +15% vitality bonus meaning that a character without Lone Wolf, Picture of Health or Glass Cannon has 115% vitality. Taking Glass Cannon reduces vitality by 50% through addition.
115+(-50)=65%. 65 is 56,5% of 115 resulting in a 43,5% reduction of vitality.

Hard mode gives a -25% vitality reduction meaning that a character without Lone Wolf, Picture of Health or Glass Cannon has 75% vitality. Taking Glass Cannon reduces vitality by 50% through addition.
75+(-50)=25%. 25 is 33,33...% of 75 resulting in a 66,66...% reduction of vitality.

A normal mode glass cannon character (65%) has almost as much health as a hard mode character without it (75%).

Your other hero has Lone Wolf which means 75+(-50)+70=95%. That gives him 95/25 = 3,8 times a much health. Verifying this by Dividing 200 by 3,8 gives us the correct amount of vitality. 200/3,8 = 52,6.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Vitality Formula:

Total vitality = (Applied Vitality Bonus)*(Constitution + "From Gear" )

Applied Vitality Bonus = 1 + "Vitality Bonus"
Vitality Bonus = "From Boost" + "Lone Wolf" (+ maybe other)

Applied Vitality Bonus is the result of applying the "Vitality Bonus" to the character's Vitality.
For example, if "Vitality Bonus" = +45%, you add your Vitality with 45% of that Vitality and get 1+45% = 1.45, which is the Applied Vitality Bonus.

You can thing of the second sum, that is, (Constitution + "From Gear" ) as your Vitality and ADD a "Vitality Bonus" (as a percentage of that Vitality) to it.

I only calculated Vitality for some character variants, so if you add more talents you may get other terms in the formula and maybe end up with something like this:
Total vitality = (Applied Vitality Bonus)*(Constitution + "From Gear"+ maybe other terms )

The Constitution grows with the player Level.

Vitality Info Box:

At a Hard gamed difficulty, for a character with "The Lone Wolf" Talent, when hovering the mouse over Vitality, you get an Info Box that says:

Vitality Bonus: +45%
From Boost: -25%
From Lone Wolf: +70%

What this means:
Vitality Bonus is written in white and is a SUMMARY of the total "From ..." bonuses. So Vitality Bonus is given by the contribution (Sum) of "From Boost" and "From Lone Wolf", (etc.).

"From Boost" is written in red and is given by the Game difficulty level which can be Hard, Medium or Easy in Divinity: Original sin Classic.
"From Lone Wolf" is written in blue and is given by the namesake Talent.

Examples:

Example 1:

at Hard difficulty, the Character has:
(Constitution points = 4), Level = 4, Total Vitality = 189, Constitution = +131, Vitality Bonus = +45%, From Boost = -25%, From Lone Wolf = +70%
Vitality Bonus = 45% so you add your Vitality with 45% of that Vitality and get 1+45% = 1.45

Total Vitality = 1.45*( 131) = 189.95 which is rounded by the game formula to 189

Example 2 - gear has HP bonus:

at Hard difficulty, the Character has:
(Constitution points = 4), Level = 4, Total Vitality = 223, Constitution = +131, Vitality Bonus = +45%, From Boost = -25%, From Lone Wolf = +70%, From Gear = +23
Vitality Bonus = 45% so you add your Vitality with 45% of that Vitality and get 1+45% = 1.45

Total Vitality = 1.45*( 131 + 23) = 1.45*154 = 223.3 which is rounded by the game formula to 223

This page mentions the following about "Constitution" in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
https://divinity.fandom.com/wiki/Attributes_(Divinity:_Original_Sin_Enhanced_Edition)
"
Constitution
1 Maximum Action Points per point
6.2 Vitality per point and level (+7.13 in normal difficulty due to the +15% bonus)
"

Link Copied to Clipboard