Print Thread
N
Nir Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Hi,
I don't know if these have been reported yet or not, but I encountered two bugs that occur while playing with the Stadia controller specifically.

First bug - Eldritch Knight Spell choosing: when I level up as a Fighter Eldritch Knight (from level 2 to level 3), as soon as I choose spells (I need to press X on the Stadia controller to confirm the spells I choose) - the game crashes. it happened to me on 5/6 times I tried choosing spells. As soon as I changed it back to mouse mode instead of controller this worked perfectly fine.

Second bug - Sussur Bark Weapon Forging quest: After I get the sussur bark and go back to the forge (in the blighted village basement), when I press on the forge with the Stadia controller - the "combine" menu simply doesn't pop up. Nothing really happens. However when I do it with my mouse instead - it works fine.

I've been playing the game on Stadia and really enjoyed this! Keep up the good work! can't wait for the full release.

Same bug effect prevents using the Rune of the Wolf to claim the rewards from Rath for sparing Halsin on Stadia. I'm not a pc gamer, and did not want to wait on BG3 for consoles, so Stadia was my option.

I enjoy the game too, but the odd discrepancies experienced on Stadia like the couple you cite and others makes playing the game difficult. I am also trying to patiently wade through early access issues such as having my saves wiped with the recent patch, which also broke many of the games functions that I previously had no problems with.

There is also limited acknowledgment from Google suppoort that these things are occurring or will be addressed in a timely fashion! They pass the buck to the developers, rinse & repeat.

Last edited by Capt.Wells; 04/01/21 12:53 PM.

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
N
Nir Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Another bug I've just discovered - probably the same mechanic problem as in the Eldritch Knight spell choosing bug.

Once I level up from level 3 to 4 and choose spells that I want to have under the feat "Magic initiate: Cleric", as soon as I press "X" button on the stadia controller to confirm - the game crashes.

At least you are leveling up, none of my characters have leveled up at all since Patch #3? I've enjoyed this game and would dearly love to keep playing, but right now I am moving my character on to areas that I've not previously visited just to take on tougher opponents and/or to experience those aspects of the game. If within the next week or so, no progression levels any character up to at least 2, then I'm gonna disable the whole game and put it to bed until the game actually releases. This is ridiculous even for an early access test!

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
P
stranger
stranger
P
I wouldn't call it a bug but I am having UI trouble with Stadia controller. Whereas the popup menus on their web browser have tooltips or labels on mouse hover, there's no equivalent for the controller. As an example, casting something like disguise self on computer opens a box where you select the tile of the desired race/gender. With a controller none of these tiles are distinguishable from another forcing the player to play a race/ gender roulette until you win or run out of spell slots.

Originally Posted by Patches
I wouldn't call it a bug but I am having UI trouble with Stadia controller. Whereas the popup menus on their web browser have tooltips or labels on mouse hover, there's no equivalent for the controller. As an example, casting something like disguise self on computer opens a box where you select the tile of the desired race/gender. With a controller none of these tiles are distinguishable from another forcing the player to play a race/ gender roulette until you win or run out of spell slots.

I have to imagine that such difficulties must be known either by the developers of the game or the company that owns the format in which it is played? By extension, those issues should be on a list of changes, improvements or alterations that are being worked on and yet there is zero acknowledgment to be found? I've reported my experience a few times and each subsequent time that I have, Google support says that there have been no reports and that I should inform Larian Studios? I have tried to no avail and further using this very forum has gotten me absolutely nowhere.

I don't get it?

enthusiast
enthusiast
i think i read somewhere that Larian said that at this point in EA controller support on Stadia is unofficial as in, they know it is buggy and will try to fix it but it's relatively low on their list. I actually prefer this to them not supporting controllers because still buggy....

Originally Posted by SerraSerra
i think i read somewhere that Larian said that at this point in EA controller support on Stadia is unofficial as in, they know it is buggy and will try to fix it but it's relatively low on their list. I actually prefer this to them not supporting controllers because still buggy....

I'm curious as to why you prefer this? I've sort of gotten around to the high likelihood that things aren't going to improve, I mean what other choice is there for me? So, I am just asking for your reasoning behind that statement .... please!

enthusiast
enthusiast
my reasoning is that if they would not have added unofficial controller support for stadia, all people playing on stadia would have been forced to play on pc with MK.... So yes, I prefer a buggy partially working thing instead of it being omitted because not 100% finished...

Originally Posted by SerraSerra
my reasoning is that if they would not have added unofficial controller support for stadia, all people playing on stadia would have been forced to play on pc with MK.... So yes, I prefer a buggy partially working thing instead of it being omitted because not 100% finished...

Thanks for your swift response.

I will have to learn to make my peace with how things are on Stadia currently, but given that at the very top of this page it says, "Early Access Available Now" for Steam, Stadia, and Gog.com, in my opinion selling the game implies that support for all platforms would be equal. But that is just me!

Link Copied to Clipboard