Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Aletios Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
So, I've played around 80h, did a couple of walkthroughs via ACT 1, tried all the classes and ect. Over all, it's a good thing the game is still in development, because some encounters are really lacking options and a neutral path, but that's besides my current point.

My favorite class in DnD5e is Rogue, hands down. But in BG3 it sucks. It's not unique, lacks expertise and sneak attack works really wierd, if at all. Even more, cunning action is now useless, since everyone can hide and disengage. Really hope devs will fix that.
The second issue I wanna address is ugly female presets. I've scrolled through most of them (at least elves and human ones). All of them are ugly. Those that look good-ish have way too wide jaw and looking, well, kinda trans. Recently, I wanted to do another run, but one look at those faces was enough to put me off of it. These ugly presets really grind my gears when, story-wise, you're seeing "dreams" with your perfect lover, but the best these presets can do is "a fairly plain 5/10" or "trans". I think I'll pass on these dreams altogether.
Also, I'm really curious if this problem with ugly presets have been brought up and if devs gave any feedback/indecated they're gonna fix it.

Last edited by Aletios; 04/01/21 01:22 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The rogue thing is fair but I'd keep your ridiculous description of women with wider jaws as looking "trans" to yourself, because that is stupid beyond words for so many reasons.

Last edited by Ankou; 04/01/21 05:07 AM.
Learn to play Rogue in BG3 all I have to say.
One of the strongest classes in the game right along with or slightly behind Battlemaster.

A
Aletios Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by bullse
Learn to play Rogue in BG3 all I have to say.
One of the strongest classes in the game right along with or slightly behind Battlemaster.
And a class that lost its identity. It just sucks compared to 5e and doesn't have anything good to add, besides poorly working sneak attack, that's only OP on level 3-4.

Originally Posted by Ankou
The rogue thing is fair but I'd keep your ridiculous description of women with wider jaws as looking "trans" to yourself, because that is stupid beyond words for so many reasons.
The point is: female PC are ugly as hell. And it's not like Larian can't do pretty females (looking at a certain drown and a certain half-elf), but damn, PC presets really do look like trans. Or, if using "trans" bothers you so much, I can put it that way: female faces look like they were badly repurposed from male faces.

apprentice
apprentice
I swear to god I’ll have to start doing a compilation of the stupid things I read around here.
This is just ridiculously baity. There is actual 0 feedback here, is just some grumpy kid crying because how dare these female presets don’t cater to his beauty standards

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Aletios
Or, if using "trans" bothers you so much, I can put it that way: female faces look like they were badly repurposed from male faces.
Please be careful of the language you use to express your opinions. Using the term 'trans-' to equate to ugly and/or masculine female faces is clumsy and insulting.

Last edited by Sadurian; 04/01/21 06:28 AM.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by A_va
I swear to god I’ll have to start doing a compilation of the stupid things I read around here.
This is just ridiculously baity. There is actual 0 feedback here, is just some grumpy kid crying because how dare these female presets don’t cater to his beauty standards
Address the point being raised, do not attack the poster.

A
Aletios Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Do you, in all seriousness, claim that you wouldn't rather look at a handsome person, than at an ugly one? Especially, if you're gonna constantly stare at the face.
And it's not "my" standards. It western society's standards.

Also, you wanna play an ugly char? Fine by me, do your thing, I'm not gonna judge. But I, for instance, prefer to play someone handsome-looking, no matter - female or male... unless it's coop and I'm playing with friends, but that's besides the point.

So I am curios, did Larian ever mentioned if they're gonna add more face presets or have addressed the fact (if it's even been raised at some point) that female presets look like repurposed male presets.

Also, I am curious if Larian gave any comments on changing/improving action economy. Rogues and sorcs are fun in DnD 5e combat because they can break the economy. Now, though, rogue is just a slightly better "default" character and that sucks.

L
L
Originally Posted by Aletios
And it's not "my" standards. It western society's standards.
Actually there is considerable cross-cultural agreement on female face attractiveness, presumably because it has a biological basis. There is a huge body of scientific literature on the topic. That said, computer games do tend to exaggerate sexual-dimorphism in character faces for the same reason that actors tend to be more attractive than the average population. The faces in BG3 are fairly realistic since they created them with 3D scans of real people. Are the jawlines a little boxier than you typically see on female faces in games? Probably in my opinion. I could see that happening inadvertently just by having women or gay men rather than hetero men doing the casting for it. Same way you end up with boyishly skinny sharp-jawed supermodels.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Labayu
That said, computer games do tend to exaggerate sexual-dimorphism in character faces for the same reason that actors tend to be more attractive than the average population.

Actually it's very difficult to find good looking characters or character creation options in western games. Sometimes these are solved by mods. In many cases they are so bad, that I won't even play them, until there are mods. Many games I never played just because character looks alone.

But to just keep it at BG3, currently there are very limited options if one wants to create a good looking female character. Nobody is asking to remove the current "realistic" ones, just add more option for beauty, as well even "uglier" ones, I don't mind.

Let everyone play the dream (game) they can call a dream, and not a nightmare. Why can't we allow others have more perfect than perfect beauty standards?
Think different, live and let live. More options are great, through mods or default, doesn't matter.

G
addict
addict
G
I want a mod that replaces all people and creatures with faceless stick figures.

Rogues in general and thieves specifically are the top DPS doers in EA. With 2 bonus actions they can use for extra attacks or movement and a free sprint they are also the most most mobile for easy repositioning. Others have covered your embarrassing trans woman thing. What a terrible ignorant original post.

old hand
old hand

Hear hear!

addict
addict
I have no issues with the character models full stop - I also have no problem playing a rogue - cant see what the big deal is....

enthusiast
enthusiast
Now I'll agree that the character creation could be a bit better than what it is currently but I will have to say that the post by the OP was wrong. True they females aren't models and I don't expect them to be either after all it's a game it's not a beauty pageant; and not all women or men are gorgeous/handsome. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

As for the rogue, I tried playing one the first time I played the game and dumped PC shortly after I started; due to the fact that I didn't know how the mechanics of the game worked or how to use the thieving abilities at the time. But I'm thinking of giving the Rogue another try after the next update of the game now that I've learned the mechanics. Then again my Ranger knight is my favorite next to the Warlock.

Link Copied to Clipboard