Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
enthusiast
enthusiast
Downloading the game from the beginning every time (the whole 62GB) is a bug. And for GOG only : (

Yes. The patch was about 4.8GB on Steam

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Phea
Originally Posted by noodle
Not all EA games break saves like this, or require a 62GB download everytime. I work 6 days a week and just sat down to enjoy your game, waited a few hours for the patch, then discovered I couldn't play my save without doing the 62GB download all over again. Instance your damn installs! EA in no way excuses your version control implementation.

Downloading the game from the beginning every time (the whole 62GB) is a bug. And for GOG only : (

See GOG 62G download for patch 3, there's a thread about the update issue on GOG.

K
stranger
stranger
K
The patch2 option didn't work. My previous Profile does not show up in the game. I had to create a new one.
So this is the deal then? Expect to redo everything?

veteran
veteran
From time to time yes. Expect more wipes on major patches.

S
stranger
stranger
S
my game dont want to start ? is this because the server is mayby down?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Any word on whether or not we're going to get an Update this month and what will be in that update?

stranger
stranger
None that I know of. Question....I probably know the issue but just in case. Anyone else having serious lagging issues? Or is it just me?

Last edited by Talislee; 10/01/21 05:05 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
No lagging but my I have crashes when trying to load saved games.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tomtech`

Now are these saved games before this update<patch>? If so they said that they wouldn't work that we would have to start a new game

enthusiast
enthusiast

Can someone explain what the issue is here? I have GOG on PC and I've literally NEVER had any issue with downloading, updating, saving etc. And not a single crash. So... what's going on?

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves

Can someone explain what the issue is here? I have GOG on PC and I've literally NEVER had any issue with downloading, updating, saving etc. And not a single crash. So... what's going on?

I'm on Steam, not sure if thats relevant, but I have crashed to desktop on loading a save before, reloaded just fine. I've also crashed when entering rooms, (even the Helm in the Nautiloid) or when an Companion gets 'stuck' on stairs or something.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Scribe

I'm on Steam, not sure if thats relevant, but I have crashed to desktop on loading a save before, reloaded just fine. I've also crashed when entering rooms, (even the Helm in the Nautiloid) or when an Companion gets 'stuck' on stairs or something.

Thanks for replying, Scribe. Yeah, from what I hear the Steam and GOG versions of the game are slightly different in terms of how they're built, and how they update. But yeah, that's all I've been able to gather so far. (and maybe even that is inaccurate).

Last edited by MarcoNeves; 13/01/21 02:31 AM.
S
addict
addict
S
Honestly I crashed to desktop the first time I entered the helm. I was quite displeased with my purchase at that point as you can imagine. laugh

If not for covid removing literally anything else I want to do as an option, I doubt I would have stuck it out and played through this. I'm not one for Early Access 'experience'. I'm way too old for that at this point to be a fun way to spend my time lol.

journeyman
journeyman
They have confirmed that they are working on patch four (with a video advertisement for the game and Razer products)

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1349058941280526344

Lover of non-haughty elves and non-smutty lesbian romance
"1404. I will not spoil the adventure's mandatory ambush by using the cheesy tactic of a "scout"." - From "Things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed to do in a (tabletop) RPG"
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by zyr1987
They have confirmed that they are working on patch four (with a video advertisement for the game and Razer products)

Good to hear, better be more than chroma support lol.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Oh yeah, what's this "Chroma support" for Razer? I have Razer headphones, but that's it. This new feature doesn't apply to me does it? Anyone know?

journeyman
journeyman

Oh yeah, what's this "Chroma support" for Razer? I have Razer headphones, but that's it. This new feature doesn't apply to me does it? Anyone know?
As someone with a Razer keyboard, mouse, and headset, I'd say probably not, unless you have one with LEDs built in (I don't, though my KB and mouse do). Chroma basically controls the lighting effects on attached Razer peripherals, letting you have effects like ripples across the keyboard when you press a key, or the keyboard changing color to the beat of the music, or integrating with certain games to have various effects.

I suspect that this was just a little advertising stunt to hype up the game some more, and get a little money from Razer. The name change to say they're working on patch 4 is interesting, though

Lover of non-haughty elves and non-smutty lesbian romance
"1404. I will not spoil the adventure's mandatory ambush by using the cheesy tactic of a "scout"." - From "Things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed to do in a (tabletop) RPG"
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Am I a dumb dumb? This Pre-Patch Announcement came out last November, right? Has Patch 3 come out and they just didn't post about it? I mean "right around the corner" is what they said.

S
addict
addict
S
Patch 3 is out yes?

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Yes. This is a post about an old patch.

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard