Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Neuleser
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
I got approval from everyone that was with me yet got a Lae'zel disapproves. I'm like WTF she's not even in the party how would she know what we decide to do?

That could be explained by the tadpole connection.

It could be but then why didn't anyone else that was at camp like Gale show any approval/disapproval?

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Originally Posted by Neuleser
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
I got approval from everyone that was with me yet got a Lae'zel disapproves. I'm like WTF she's not even in the party how would she know what we decide to do?

That could be explained by the tadpole connection.

Excused not explained.

On the OT tho i find Lae the best written char in the game and we actually have a reason to work with a githyanki. Temp atleast.
Ast a vampire needs to die (no twilighters vampires are not a good romance)
Gale eats our artifacts just let him blow up.
Wyll annoying and incompetent.
SH got potetial needs a haircut tho.

I... live! Flesh and blood and bone! I am alive! Ha-ha! I swore I would scratch and crawl my way back into the world of the living... and I have done it!
B
Banned
Banned
B
Originally Posted by A Clown
If she wasnt hot
She isn't. You're welcome.
Don't believe me? Cast a true sight spell and you will agree.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Player character specifics almost intially scream that none have clearly good profession or no compromitting dark affliations. You party is openly rife with fault lines.
BG3 is a bet on managing dire future choises rather than a being a trivial heroic hackandslaython.

So you likely lock yourself out of sth like 1/5th to 1/2 of the content by personal preferences. This being not your cup of tea could mean it draws you to the content best liked by you. So save you from things you never want to see or know.
Act 1 is too early to tell but i came across things that may be utterly repulsive to certain less tolerant belief sets frequently present in humans.

There is things that will strongly irk you feelings way more to come.
The game focus is entirely on the interaction inside the team. No offense - if you are easily offendend by twists and turns in storyline this game maybe isn't for you at all.

The game seems technically to protect itself strongly from someone getting lost.
The old tenant paying no rent squatting your apartment will revive anyone. If that hobo in a shoddy bathrobes gets some coin for him buying some booze to brighten his boring fishing days.

Trailing off I wonder if he would appreciate being given the fishing rod or booze for entertainment and why that's not a fun option in the game?
He looks and talks somewhat thirsty. Some other pesky figure way to harder to kick out of your camp. That NPC hanging around close by creeps me out on paranoia.
Haven't managed to fool around wiith him and kick him out of my camp.

Being story driven I guess we got to quickly get used to rather sticky folks hanging out there.
Haven't found out if the game enforces to unlock him or not yet.

Anyone pushed into a void and killed irrevokably is transfered back to camp instantly to be manged by the long term resident. So the game actively protects itself from anyone getting lost out of bounds.
Lae'zel being buried rather appears to be buggy due to PC not having raised your campsite yet. No idea if the recovery from void to camp mode is linked to the permanent resident being unlocked by you.
At least that transfer to camp is what technically should happen by default but eventually fails on transition between acts

Sven Vincle, Chris Perkin or Adam Smith hinted all sth in the direction of fault lines in your party will cause it implode in Act 2, 3 or 4 pretty no matter what.
They did so in the release date announcement inteview on Youtube linked at the end.

Critical question is, can such leave be addressed and alleviated by some action or not.

The game rewards you in many ways being true to character. That's what I learned on progressing faster in a second run as Drow Lolth cleric. My mission is to always use the Drow, cleric or Lolth option no matter the result.
It's fairly astonishing what happens and I'm not gonna spoil it. This game will rather break on playing a Tyr clerics bias.
So you can't get appreciation for the whole team on most hings, Only the very clear ones raise / drop everyone.

Your player character can't be replaced atm to my knowledge as you lead all companion talks 1st person no matter who is active to initate it. Your startup choices define who does initially trust you or build trust fast in you,
This is entirely different for my 2 choices of heroic Githyanki fighter and antihero Drow Lolth Cleric.
In case lae'zel doesn't lead the bitching someone else takes that role anyways.
The bitching culture will change slightly but not much else. Peace in the team is a luxury you don't have by default.

Long term the approval/disapproval will carve a path to the end and tie up lose ends Act by Act until you reach some end boss.
It doesn't matter for Act 1 yet who comments the days action when your team shares their heroic stories at the campfire.
Sometimes you lose a point and sometimes you gain.

You can see not all points are equal +1/-1. Some events raised the trust level where the next event didn't lower it back.
It evolves around trust and conflicting loyalities, missions and companion background affiliations. All represent involved factions affiliated to companions
On certain turning point events you massively shift the balance. Some privately other publicly.
The game evolves around it and some is 18+ XXX rater or beyond taboos. Mindblowing boundless as promised.
Either your cup of tea or not.

The faction affiliations would somewhat require the character to stay somewhat alive and present in the camp at least for the entire game. it would conflict with remaing a buried or stuck sorpse somewhere in limbo.
So the Herbert the pervert squatter would by his creepy game definitions eventually fix that for you rather unwanted later when required as fallback. Eventually Act transitions does do that cleanup.
Even more harshly the ticklist would force you to make you pay 200 gold for that ressurection.

Clear is, either you align with Shadowheart or Lae'zel. They run a bith fight from day 1 like two steed for 1 stallion. Even if you play as female.
There appears to be a point when this is evaluated in each act or at one key event. Raising trust level with Shadowheart causes Lae'zel to drop fairly in sync for me.

Play a tank and Lae'zel doing 2d tank is the easiest way to hack & slay through all boss fights and tough monsters, That was to be expected.
So far the only downside of turning Lae'zel down is a spike in difficulty with bosses and certain monsters. Plus her presence expectably affects the Gith patrol encounter towards some more narrowly defined outcome. Not intending to spoil how.
To speculate this won't deliver as expected by her anyways early in the game is simply fair game.
You disvover loads of hints towards that end in each corner of the map you prefrer to dig up for clues.
Exploring and tune in to the bitching is rewarded.

Press the hero button on 2 tanks 1 healer 1 support is bound to fizzle and roleplay aspects enforced. The infights causing rifts are bound to crash at some point and take away and deny you that option on purpose. trade-off for depth of story and good RPG action. Certain pathways will only be open to a certain team composition having build mutal trust among our bunch distrustingg motley fools.
The game revolves about trust and agreeability of character all over.
Maybe a geniously neutral and broadly acceptable statement on ideals and truth vs lies.
Somewhat deeply and nicely reflecting on all those Trump years we are bound to leave behind.

Very interestingly being true to character appears to be rewarded by raising trust in the team. A mechanic rewarding acting predictably for your companions would be a supring new invention in games. Some very fitting element of this games story indeed. Everything revolves around ideals, trust and the fear of first symptons of insanity showing or any dark backstory being revealed.

So that specifc companion removal action may or may not have unwanted consequences regaridng the events further down the road.
They may as well lock you out of content as well as they may direct you away from it for your own good. Impossible to say looking at Act 1 alone.
To specific to your own choice of character as wellto even guesstimate.

Did you try let Lae'zel rot in her cage or not explore tha cage path?
In case you can't initially recruit Shadowheart you can easily on a second meet in the Druids Cove.
I would expect similar options here.

Never recruit to camp by walking away is always possible or are you squatted like the creepy old exhibitionist in his dirty bathrobes?
i didn't try yet.

In case all of these pathways are blocked then expect her corpse buried a severe bug. Only use you her when unavoidable would be better and avoid savegame issues. They are not protedted or guaruanteed for EA anways.
I assume you are aware of that.

In case you can ignore companions on recruit option approval of campers could safely be ignored. It couldn't block you from mandatory action to drive the story along acts.Or you simply have the typical deja vue several times in taverns.
Sewn and Adam made clear that they favourize freedom of the players. Down the line no story can go beyond it's rails no matter how far they are set apart.

Your ticklist at the end of each Act will tell what your savegave database file thinks of that Lae'zel corpses wherabouts.
EA is going to be way more tolerant than any will final game will be to such attempts. That's what it is there for,
adjusting the rails specific to your concern may exactly be what we are talking here about and supposed to do or bring up.
Could be the final result coming out of this not in your favour by desing or up for reveiw based on support of the topic.

I personally was put off by the creepy guys intrusion and learned to forgive that squatter by now.
Haven't progressed to try and make fun of him to the max yet.

For myself I have chosen to enjoy that bitching a lot. the ines are really clever. Thakns Adam Smith, Swen Vincke aand Chris Perkins for the opportunity to be part of EA.
Gives me way more on top of any polished product.

Last edited by vonTreppenwitz; 04/01/21 05:48 PM.

Never deny a DM your best game night cookies. Complain at your own risk.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Bruh
Originally Posted by A Clown
If she wasnt hot
She isn't. You're welcome.
Don't believe me? Cast a true sight spell and you will agree.

Level 5 and not available in Act 1 for a reason I guess. Or can you dig that in The Underdark as scroll or artifact somwhere?

Last edited by vonTreppenwitz; 04/01/21 01:45 AM.

Never deny a DM your best game night cookies. Complain at your own risk.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I keep Lae'zel around in camp as my touchstone. If she approves something I did, I picked the wrong choice, if she disapproves, I'm going in the right direction. We'll see just how annoyed with me I can get her. Then I feed her to the Owlbear.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
"herbert the pervert squatter"? Oh my! That's how I'll addres, within my self (oh how much I would like the option to put personal nicknames to NPC's in campsite ), him from now on laugh laugh

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
On the title question. We can get rid of Astarion, one of the companions that will be playable in the full release, and just found out that Shadowheart too can be subtracted to the party, so I think there's a way to get rid of every and each companion.

Gotta say this post made me curious so now I want to try runs without recruting this or that companion (can not afford to try to make the character despise my toon enough or the trigger to push them to leave the camp with my playstyle I end up with neutral approval by Lae'zel and Astarion and high approval from Shadowheart, Willy, and highest approval from Gale).

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by SuprSaiyanRockr
She's arrogant, insufferable, and the cleric wouldn't join me because of her presence. I want her gone. How do I do this?

To recruit Shadowheart there's no need to kill or not recruit Lae'zel, you can just leave her at the camp and then find Shadowheart at the Druid's Lair.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
On the title question. We can get rid of Astarion, one of the companions that will be playable in the full release, and just found out that Shadowheart too can be subtracted to the party, so I think there's a way to get rid of every and each companion.

Gotta say this post made me curious so now I want to try runs without recruting this or that companion (can not afford to try to make the character despise my toon enough or the trigger to push them to leave the camp with my playstyle I end up with neutral approval by Lae'zel and Astarion and high approval from Shadowheart, Willy, and highest approval from Gale).
You can get rid of every single one and killing all of them permanently, you can technically play the game solo but good luck with some of the fights. some of the enemies will one shot you.

Originally Posted by Hilarian
You can get rid of every single one and killing all of them permanently, you can technically play the game solo but good luck with some of the fights. some of the enemies will one shot you.

Lulz, 681.3 hours playing SOLO, testing out SOLO builds, equipment and weapon(s) load outs, etc.
No 'good luck' needed or required. All you need is an understanding of the class you play, the game mechanics, encounter familiarity, understanding of feats, etc.
Current EA Act 1 is cake, but 'good luck' to some of you who actually attempt to try to SOLO and get off the training-wheels full party mode. ;-)

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by bullse

Lulz, 681.3 hours playing SOLO, testing out SOLO builds, equipment and weapon(s) load outs, etc.
No 'good luck' needed or required. All you need is an understanding of the class you play, the game mechanics, encounter familiarity, understanding of feats, etc.
Current EA Act 1 is cake, but 'good luck' to some of you who actually attempt to try to SOLO and get off the training-wheels full party mode. ;-)
We got a badass over here. XD

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
No thanks, already have a job.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Bufotenina

On my solo run I did not talk to any of them. My journal mentioned that Lae'zel died while searching for her people, probably because I had met her on the ship. Wyll died during the fight. Gale and Astarion never showed up after I avoided their starting areas, and Shadowheart appeared at the druid encampment. I did not talk to her there and later she appeared in a rather buggy manner at my camp as if she belonged there. Dialogue implied I had already had her join. To get what was supposed to happen I reloaded from before I spoke to her and pretended she wasn't there, then on a long rest she "showed up" at my camp saying the voices told her to find me. She had her hand too close to a weapon so it ended badly for her. smile

May try a run where I do everything I can to get negative approval with Gale or Astarion to see if I can get them to leave, not sure if it is possible though.

You can solo, it is actually fun. Have only done it with a ranged character so far, can't decide if I want to do melee (probably Battlemaster since EK is gimped without certain spells) or magic (Abjuration Wizard probably) next. Been taking a bit of a break until another update.

veteran
veteran
Astarion is constantly dissapproving of me - really constantly. But he is still in the neutral range. I don't think, it is possible to get a companion so low in approval, that they leave? Probably with the exception of Wyll, who - as I read here, never did that - will leave when you side with the goblins.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Originally Posted by fylimar
Astarion is constantly dissapproving of me - really constantly. But he is still in the neutral range. I don't think, it is possible to get a companion so low in approval, that they leave? Probably with the exception of Wyll, who - as I read here, never did that - will leave when you side with the goblins.

No you can, but it's really very difficult. You need to literally play against him and take every opportunity to do so.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Originally Posted by bullse

We got a badass over here. XD

Nah, just find it more challenging to SOLO. At my age, I need all the excitement I can get. Plus, I have always loved challenges.
Believe me, once you beat the game SOLO, playing with a full party will feel like easy mode.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyloth

No you can, but it's really very difficult. You need to literally play against him and take every opportunity to do so.

Ok, now my life goal is to piss off Astarion laugh - no, he is not my favorite, but I don't have enough opinion about him to put any effort into him. Maybe I'll give him over to the hunter once to see how that plays out.

I think, if you don't like your companions or like playing solo like bullse here, you can just park the companions in your camp. That way, you can maybe have the conversations, if you feel like it or just have them as background deco.

Doctor Who
H
journeyman
journeyman
H

Literally play against him and take every opoortunity to do so? So just play normally and help people? grin

Last edited by Hilarian; 09/01/21 12:48 PM.
veteran
veteran

Literally play against him and take every opoortunity to do so? So just play normally and help people? grin

I'm doing that already - playing a very helpful and nice person and he disapproves literally everything I do and say. He is still neutral. I guess, it's like Nyloth said, it's really hard in teh short span of EA to really piss the companions off. Maybe tehre are a few thing, I haven't done so far, that might do it.

Doctor Who
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard