Next Thread
Print Thread
#749898 07/01/21 10:20 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Okay, so I'm new to this forum... So I didn't really know where to put this stuff but I guess I'll put it here. I have played the game for 30+ hours. I know, not nearly enough, but I'm playing it again.
1. Hopefully in the future companion cutscenes won't hog other's
2. Maybe be able to access Astarion's nightmare conversation without using Illthid power. (Just to say this outloud... I LOVE Astarion)
3. Make Halsin another male companion (I mean, that's a hot druid, like I want that. It's a personal asking
4. Possibly make Genasi a race? (Just another personal thing)
5. Would love to know what to do with all the keys I found.
6. I love all the books and lore and secret missions that accompany some of them.
7. There is this thing in the game were companions somtimes won't travel with me, I don't know if I'm stupid or not though.
8. Would like to know that if I don't use the Illthid powers if I will ever see my dream person.
9. Would love more backgrounds and if they played within the dialogues (It's fine if they don't)
I have many other things but I just wanted to throw these out there... I do feel bad for making suggestions and I don't know why, I think maybe it's because I know how much work and effort went into the game and asking for more or something different just seems selfish..... WELL back to what I wanted to conclude with! I adore this game and am so happy I purchased it. This is a game I will play countless times along side KOTOR 1&2 and SWTOR. This reaches peak of my fantasies.
P.S If by some... ODD chance, if you could make a customizable romance companion that would be cool, like in Fallout 4 where you can customize your soon to be dead husband or wife.

From The Girl Who Still Has ALL Of Her Character Sheets
And two of the original D&D books I got at a convention..
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Shuvriell
Make Halsin another male companion (I mean, that's a hot druid, like I want that. It's a personal asking

Dude Halsin is the best. My character got triggered by Kagha trying to kill a child and went ballistic, killing all the druids. I know there was a better option but I had decided in his backstory that he'd been through some shit as a kid and it was an RP moment. After meeting Halsin and seeing how great he was my character was terrified of being forced to fight or hurt him, but he was actually really understanding of that decision. My favorite non-companion in the game by far at this point, and I'd love an excuse to see more of him. My girlfriend also seconds the desire to have him as a romance option.

I love all the books and lore and secret missions that accompany some of them.

I wanted to second this as well. The sense of discovery going through all the books was fantastically done. Even though this is missing some of the nice oldschool elements of the previous BG games, the intrigue in books and letters feels even better implemented which is honestly stunning from a more modern feeling rpg where they could easily assume a lot of players would ignore that aspect.

old hand
old hand
+1 for Genasi

addict
addict
Welcome to the forums.

3. Make Halsin another male companion (I mean, that's a hot druid, like I want that. It's a personal asking
He he. I find Astarion hotter, but to each their tastes. But, yeah, Halsin is cool, and in my top 3 people I want to become (non-Origins) Companions, with Alfira and Minthara.

There's a thread about this at the moment. Dropping a +1 there may help (or not, I don't know, but I doubt it would hurt).

6. I love all the books and lore and secret missions that accompany some of them.
The attention given to little story details is one of the great strengths of this game.

9. Would love more backgrounds and if they played within the dialogues (It's fine if they don't)
I love the idea. Though it might possibly be better to just keep the 13 standard background, but give more flexibility and roleplay opportunities within each (notably dialogue options), and let them be interpreted in a really wide way. For instance, a Guild Artisan could be a merchant, a Sailor could be a Pirate, etc.

I do feel bad for making suggestions and I don't know why, I think maybe it's because I know how much work and effort went into the game and asking for more or something different just seems selfish.....
The point of EA is for players to give feedback. Whether it's existing things that don't work, things players hate, things players love, additions players would love to see. Larian needs to know what players want. What they do with that knowledge is another topic, but we should certainly make suggestions and requests.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
Welcome to the forums.

He he. I find Astarion hotter, but to each their tastes. But, yeah, Halsin is cool, and in my top 3 people I want to become (non-Origins) Companions, with Alfira and Minthara.

There's a thread about this at the moment. Dropping a +1 there may help (or not, I don't know, but I doubt it would hurt).

The attention given to little story details is one of the great strengths of this game.

I love the idea. Though it might possibly be better to just keep the 13 standard background, but give more flexibility and roleplay opportunities within each (notably dialogue options), and let them be interpreted in a really wide way. For instance, a Guild Artisan could be a merchant, a Sailor could be a Pirate, etc.

I do feel bad for making suggestions and I don't know why, I think maybe it's because I know how much work and effort went into the game and asking for more or something different just seems selfish.....
The point of EA is for players to give feedback. Whether it's existing things that don't work, things players hate, things players love, additions players would love to see. Larian needs to know what players want. What they do with that knowledge is another topic, but we should certainly make suggestions and requests.

Thank you so much for your share in words! I'm excited for what's next! Also thanks for welcoming me!

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by fallenj
+1 for Genasi

I started D&D about four years ago, and I still have the character sheet for my first character, she is an Earth Genasi Druid. I would love to be able to recreate her in the game!

veteran
veteran
I'm all for Halsin as a companion, he is one of my favorite npcs, together with Alfira and Karlach (who seems to be confirmed as a companion - Yay).

And I really love the books and the lore too.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
7. There is this thing in the game were companions somtimes won't travel with me, I don't know if I'm stupid or not though.

Can you give some examples?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Dexai

Only time I've had this is if the characters are split on the chain, so you can fast travel with just one character if you want.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by Dexai

Only time I've had this is if the characters are split on the chain, so you can fast travel with just one character if you want.
I think that he means that whenever you end the day, your companions become randomly unchained. I had this happen to me before. Same happens when you use quick travel, luckily it's much more rare.

Link Copied to Clipboard