Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
veteran
veteran
"Regardless of sex", help me understand how the female and male forms are aesthetically indistinct.

This reminds me of a lot of discussions regarding Superhero costumes, specifically a comic showing what the male equivalent of Power Girl's costume would look like, but instead of picking an example from the myriad of titillating male hero costumes they move the cleavage down toward his groin and call it a day. Is that the male equivalent of decolletage? Or do we judge them by differently?

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Kadajko
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Principles. Aesthetics. Same idea.

Preferences? That may be a better answer.

Maybe, anyway, one more thing I wanted to mention is that - you are not willing to give what you are willing to take, this might in the future put you in a situation in which you won't get what you want because you won't give others what they want, so they won't give you what you want, it will be all or nothing, no compromise.

Oh my goodness. Not every decision is a life changing event. Not every decision is all or nothing. You need to learn to pick your battles. You need to learn to walk away from insignificant battles.

Yes there are some things to fight for but pixelated armor in a video game is not one of them. Please try not to be over dramatic.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nyloth
1. I think that the armor must necessarily differ depending on the gender of the character.

Can you elaborate why you feel like that is necessary?

Originally Posted by Nyloth
2. I like beautiful things, not practical ones. I hate realism in fantasy works. I want epic and cool female armor, not male armor that doesn't tell me the gender of my character.

I know that some people like this "dark souls style", where the female character is distinguished from the male only by the style of gait, but I don't like it. I like to see the difference. By the way, I love Lae armor very much.
I just don't like the color of metal (???) plates, but I like the design itself. No pants for my girl!

Basically I am asking what in your opinion would be the problem with male gith armor looking like the female version?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Aishaddai
The second quote is yours not mine.

Yes, I just showed the whole conversation between us.

Erotic zones are different on males vs females.

I assure you, many females love male buttcheeks.

Oh i'm well aware of that. Back on topic. Why not be direct and just say you want pants on X,Y,Z armors sets. I think making male and female armors "exactly" the same is a mistake. So like I said before, within reason.

Edit: I'm 100 percent team cool>realism. I thought at first this was casual skimpy vs hardcore serious metal plates.

Last edited by Aishaddai; 09/01/21 07:32 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh my goodness. Not every decision is a life changing event. Not every decision is all or nothing. You need to learn to pick your battles. You need to learn to walk away from insignificant battles.

Yes there are some things to fight for but pixelated armor in a video game is not one of them. Please try not to be over dramatic.

No, it's this thing about - you like sexy armor. But there is a big counter-movement to not have sexy armor in video games at all, and I think it's not because you want sexy armor, but because you are against male armor showing buttcheeks. So in the grand scheme of things there are a lot of people that think like you do, and there will be a divide between you and other gamers. But I feel like this can all be avoided AND you would get to keep sexy female armor in games if you were ok with males having sexy armor too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Danielbda
Fuck realism, this is a fantasy game. Armor has to look cool, and sexy armor looks better in a female body.

I think it can be done tastefully.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Kadajko; 09/01/21 07:32 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I like more practical heavy armor and/or equality for both gender. So, yes male buttcheeks are ok. I prefer aesthetic appearance of armor.

Last edited by sahardima; 09/01/21 08:04 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
No, it's this thing about - you like sexy armor. But there is a big counter-movement to not have sexy armor in video games at all, and I think it's not because you want sexy armor, but because you are against male armor showing buttcheeks. So in the grand scheme of things there are a lot of people that think like you do, and there will be a divide between you and other gamers. But I feel like this can all be avoided AND you would get to keep sexy female armor in games if you were ok with males having sexy armor too.

It’s not that I particularly like them. I mostly don’t care as long as they are cool looking. If they removed the butt cheeks, fine by me. If they wanted to add butt cheeks to males, not my style but I’ll live and move on.

So please don’t assume what I like and dislike. You don’t know what I think and now you are bordering on offensive.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm sorry. How is that tasteful?????

Banned
Banned
Lowkey, i just hope armors going forward won't look as fanciful. That Ringmail +2 looks like a decent looking wizard set.

Also, circlets. Never liked how in many fantasy settings it's either a helmet or a circlet, so a mage class usually ends up stuck with the latter.

Fuck realism, this is a fantasy game. Armor has to look cool, and sexy armor looks better in a female body.

Let me guess, this is coming from ..a "male", right ?

In the risk of being a bit too pragmatic here, we're talking about a plate armor that should protect the body but should also be practical. So if you think of making it "too sexy" for both gender, it's not really a plate armor; what are you protecting ?
So the gith armor with "short" pants (and boots just below the knees) is excellent. I'd like to see the same for "male". And BTW, (risk of being to pragmatic again), the Romain army, "the centurion" had about that same style.

if you make (if we had) stylish armor the same for both gender, we wouldn't have a thread like this, we wouldn't have any data point.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
apprentice
apprentice
For Loviatar priest, perfect.

For Loviatar priest, perfect.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Would you mind if the male version looked the same, without pants and exposed buttcheeks?

I would mind and yes, if you would like Larian to treat the female version the same, I have no issues and say go for it.

But currently I don’t care since what they have now is okay by me. But I will not argue or challenge others who want something else.

If they wanted to add butt cheeks to males, not my style but I’ll live and move on.

Well then my earlier reading comprehension failed me, my bad.

Last edited by Kadajko; 09/01/21 07:39 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

Why not? lol

S
addict
addict
S
I would mind because it’s not my style but I wouldn’t make a stink about it since it’s not a hill I’m willing to die on.

Again. Pick your fights.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I would mind because it’s not my style but I wouldn’t make a stink about it since it’s not a hill I’m willing to die on.

Again. Pick your fights.

Fair enough. I don't think tbh that anyone wants to die on the hill, we just talking.

Last edited by Kadajko; 09/01/21 07:44 PM.

I agree to that, it's tastefully and fit into the less pragmatic and more into a fantasy world. smile but now that we are talking about this, ahhh .. the female equivalent would be ..ah just no

@Nyloth, what do you think ?

Last edited by Starlights; 09/01/21 07:49 PM.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
All I know is, if I wore a layer of cloth, and a layer of leather with a layer of mail over all, my tits would squash down.

I also know that I don't get less stratching or chafeing or sunburn than males, so would hope to be wearing pants for running around the wilderness.

Banned
Banned
That looks like trashy female armor slapped on a male tbh. There's nipple chains in there. Blatant and tasteful would be what the dream dude/dudette are wearing.

Last edited by Innateagle; 09/01/21 07:52 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

Why not? lol

Yeah no. Unless you apart of lgbt, I can't see that being tasteful across the board.

I'm not apart of that crowd and don't like that style. I only speak for myself, but if you want more I'll gladly point out what I don't like about it and why. Don't let me get a red pen lol.

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard