Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Innateagle
That looks like trashy female armor slapped on a male tbh. There's nipple chains in there. Blatant and tasteful would be what the dream dude/dudette are wearing.

I think the nipple chain stays regardless of what that person is wearing, it's not part of the robe.

What in your opinion is a difference between an armor that is sexy for the sake of being sexy because it is a fantasy and fck pragmatism and a trashy armor?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Aishaddai
Yeah no. Unless you apart of lgbt, I can't see that being tasteful across the board.

I'm not apart of that crowd and don't like that style. I only speak for myself, but if you want more I'll gladly point out what I don't like about it and why. Don't let me get a red pen lol.

I am not a part of lgbt, not sure how you draw the correlation.

Get your red pen out, I am curious.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by Kadajko
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Oh my goodness. Not every decision is a life changing event. Not every decision is all or nothing. You need to learn to pick your battles. You need to learn to walk away from insignificant battles.

Yes there are some things to fight for but pixelated armor in a video game is not one of them. Please try not to be over dramatic.

No, it's this thing about - you like sexy armor. But there is a big counter-movement to not have sexy armor in video games at all, and I think it's not because you want sexy armor, but because you are against male armor showing buttcheeks. So in the grand scheme of things there are a lot of people that think like you do, and there will be a divide between you and other gamers. But I feel like this can all be avoided AND you would get to keep sexy female armor in games if you were ok with males having sexy armor too.

The point is that what males see as sexy differs from what women see as sexy. There is also a difference in body shape, women usually have curves while men usually are bulk ( there's a reason drag queens focus so much in smoothing their curves).

As much as I agree and I do with the fact that revealing armors for males should be a thing to take dress designed for the female body and put them on a male body is not exactly the same.

The picture you posted is more for a gender fluid male than for a gender conforming male (and pretty sure the percent of people finding it sexy are few). And believe me had I the chance to make my male toons use magic enhanced armor that grants the same stats as the armors we currently have and let my toon to show his arms or pecs or addomen or legs I wouldn't complain.

Also the problem before was that there were no choices, female armors were exclusively sexualized (that is different from sexy), now we are at the opposite of the spectrum that is instead of giving a spectrum of choices due to a push by a part of players we have graphics that taste like a jump in Victorian age where instead of religion leading morality to censor women's body now is an interpretation of progressive thinking to censor women's body.

All when the solution would be to just increase the spectrum so that any player could choose for their town the kind of dress that make them more comfortable and able to enjoy the game.

S
addict
addict
S
Fair enough. I don't think tbh that anyone wants to die on the hill, we just talking.

Figure of speech.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
The point is that what males see as sexy differs from what women see as sexy.

Tend to.

There is also a difference in body shape, women usually have curves while men usually are bulk.

No problem what so ever with biological curves.

As much as I agree and I do with the fact that revealing armors for males should be a thing to take dress designed for the female body and put them on a male body is not exactly the same.

If I talk your language- why don't we design a bunch of male armors, a bunch of female armors and then let both males and females wear male AND female armor?

Also the problem before was that there were no choices.

I think the problem remains when the armor morphs depending on sex.

All when the solution would be to just increase the spectrum so that any player could choose for their town the kind of dress that make them more comfortable and able to enjoy the game.

Yes.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Figure of speech.

Lol, I understand, I also don't think that the armor issue is the most important in the world, I just have my opinions, and I respect yours. What bothers me is that we are both as consumers pulling the games in different directions and I would REALLY like to find a compromise if that is possible, that is why I dissect your words looking for this answer.

Last edited by Kadajko; 09/01/21 08:13 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah no. Unless you apart of lgbt, I can't see that being tasteful across the board.

I'm not apart of that crowd and don't like that style. I only speak for myself, but if you want more I'll gladly point out what I don't like about it and why. Don't let me get a red pen lol.

I am not a part of lgbt, not sure how you draw the correlation.

Get your red pen out, I am curious.

Oky dok.

Thigh high waist cut long dress, multiple unnecessary belts(not ff levels but still), the piercings especially on the legs, asymmetric bracelets, thigh high boots, choker, straight long hair down the back, sporadic metallic pieces, skulls, sharp edges, long nails. Just a first glance mind you. Individually I don't like them, but together it paints a pleasure from pain image with a mockery of feminine allure over a male tapestry that has a message "I decide whats sexy, not you viewer". Very artistically aggressive.

Thats what it looks like to me anyway. No idea who the character is btw if that means anything.

veteran
veteran
The point is that what males see as sexy differs from what women see as sexy. There is also a difference in body shape, women usually have curves while men usually are bulk ( there's a reason drag queens focus so much in smoothing their curves).

Spend more time searching "male fantasy art" on pinterest. Especially art made by K-pop fans. Lots of lithe, willowy men. Or just put in "sexy k pop" and see what comes up. Nearly any "males see" / "females see" statment is just a reference the person's individual tastes and a desire to believe those tastes are universal and natural.

(somewhat off topic but it annoys that 'male' and 'female' have become common usage and people avoid using 'men' and 'women' when discussing gender -- makes it sound like a discussion amongst Ferengi)

Last edited by KillerRabbit; 09/01/21 08:32 PM. Reason: kant spel
enthusiast
enthusiast
Individually I don't like them, but together it paints a pleasure from pain image with a mockery of feminine allure over a male tapestry that has a message "I decide whats sexy, not you viewer". Very artistically aggressive.

Interesting.

Thats what it looks like to me anyway. No idea who the character is btw if that means anything.
Well it's a cultist of Slaanesh, a God of hedonism.

Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
somewhat off topic but it annoys that 'male' and 'female' have become common usage and people avoid using 'men' and 'women' when discussing gender.

Well, I am personally cis-genderless so I avoid everything that has to do with gender like the plague, and indeed the use of ''male'' and ''female'' is very deliberate on my part.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I'll add some few remarks: lgbtqix doesn't imply homogeneity of tastes, I'm gay still found that style not interesting or sexy and as I stated before I'm pretty sure that the percent of people that found it sexy is low.

As I am sure that what females see as sexy in a man doesn't rely in buttcheeks (for instance in the gay part of the letters ensemble the ones who search for buttcheeks display are those inclined to leather and the dominant/submissive part of the bdsm).

I agree on two positions: in a world where a trinket can allow you to speak with deads to have armors that grant the same defence tshoudn't be saw as something strange, but at the same time to have "sexy" armor is just insensate.

Wonder woman uses a revealing costume but is not designed to be sexy. Red Sonia's leather armor suits her but is not vulgar.

As I said: civil variegated clothing, armors that can find inspiration from roman or greek or germanic populations armors (with use of kilts or kilt like vests for males as alternative to pants or taking inspiration from all the cultures that have armors that didn't cover all the body), a compromise can be found (obviously the full body armors should remain, the point is to give options).

S
addict
addict
S
Figure of speech.

Lol, I understand, I also don't think that the armor issue is the most important in the world, I just have my opinions, and I respect yours. What bothers me is that we are both as consumers pulling the games in different directions and I would REALLY like to find a compromise if that is possible, that is why I dissect your words looking for this answer.

Haha okay. I think I said awhile ago, I respect your thoughtfulness and your perspective of things.

Compromise is a tricky thing. I stand by my statement, you can never please everyone. There's just too many opinions. So if I were Larian, I'd choose the path most appealing to the most people. Now some would say I'm a dirty capitalist but I think that's the best answer. Of course others would suggest that my answer is not the best either so...round and round we go.

veteran
veteran
Talking about the androgynous male protagonists from Japanese and Korean fiction is a whole 'nother can of beans I think

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hedonism? Ha right on the money. Nailed it.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit

Spend more time searching "male fantasy art" on pinterest. Especially art made by K-pop fans. Lots of lithe, willowy men. Or just put in "sexy k pop" and see what comes up. Nearly any "males see" / "females see" statment is just a reference the person's individual tastes and a desire to believe those tastes are universal and natural.

(somewhat off topic but it annoys that 'male' and 'female' have become common usage and people avoid using 'men' and 'women' when discussing gender -- makes it sound like a discussion amongst Ferengi)

I know. I'm a full fledged nerd. But again I can understand if what I'm seeing represents a really diffuse trend that involves not a minor fraction of population. Also I learned how the web and social medias tend to give the idea the something is bigger than actually it is. [This is a distorsion that has grwon in the years and is quite rooted].

I use male and female because I like the sound better, also being a biologist to me humans are nothing more than one species between others so to me it comes to talk about males and females. (and again what about doesn't put feelings in everything? is so passive aggressive).

old hand
old hand
A. Stay mostly the same.

B. Practical-looking -- as opposed to strictly realistic.

Originally Posted by DuskHorseman
B: I prefer practical armor. Give Lae'zel pants, Larian! Revealing armor is just kinda... stupid? I'm not a fan, to say the very least.

*angry Hellenic noices*

3) Found only one that is more revealing on males:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It's not really more revealing on males. Different standards. Women and men are not directly equivalently charged in their bodies.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Originally Posted by Umbra
All I know is, if I wore a layer of cloth, and a layer of leather with a layer of mail over all, my tits would squash down.

I also know that I don't get less stratching or chafeing or sunburn than males, so would hope to be wearing pants for running around the wilderness.

That's why I don't mind the armor pictured. You see more tits in less heavy armor, and something like battle armor is supposed to look impressive and overglorified. So I can wave off the titty armor on that.

My one complaint with Gith armor is that Gith are strong but lanky looking. If the female armor lacks pants because of "versatility" it also makes sense for male Gith. The leather wraps are hideous and make my menacing male Gith look like a hobo in half-plate.

As a woman I personally

1. Would like both male and female armours to look the same

2. Yes I guess I sont mind revealing armour for both MEN and women (but please dont make it overbearingly anime like and not immersive)

3. I just want pretty armour that my lil elf can hobble around in.

4. Add clothing as an option (I really liked the outfits in DOS2 and the cute little corset tops)

(P.s. nothing is wrong with the anime look I just personally dont like it, so no offense to anyone here who does)

smile

Last edited by A Clown; 09/01/21 09:05 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by A Clown
4. Add clothing as an option (I really liked the outfits in DOS2 and the cute little corset tops)
Yes, please.

PS: "Skimpy" male armor:

veteran
veteran
I use male and female because I like the sound better, also being a biologist to me humans are nothing more than one species between others so to me it comes to talk about males and females. (and again what about doesn't put feelings in everything? is so passive aggressive).

(Apologies if this posts twice -- I think my comment got lost in the aether)

*nods to fellow nerd*

I didn't understand the bit in parentheses so, focusing on the first statement, I'm an internet rando and as such I dislike 'male' and 'female' because it front-loads any discussion of differences between genders in favor of biological explanations. Humans, as a species, stand apart because of our facility with language and our reliance upon abstractions. We aren't the only cultural animal but our reliance upon culture makes us stand apart from other animals. We are homo sapiens and as such there we have as many difference aesthetic preferences as there are stars in the sky.

Originally Posted by sahardima
Originally Posted by A Clown
Yes, please.

PS: "Skimpy" male armor:

yesss!

Could definitely see that for the barbarian class laugh !!!!!

Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard