Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18
veteran
veteran
I'm disappointed by pretty much every suit of armor in this game and also by the fact that the game doesn't seem to utilize aesthetic progression in armor as part of the visual characterization. Not at nearly the level I was hoping we'd see by 2021.

Their approach is basically the same as BG1/2 for creating a character's look, still leaving everything to be determined by the single 'chest slot.' Well ok there are silver 'gloves' I guess and a pair of boots. But still, I was at least hoping they'd manage to split the torso from the legs by now. Maybe get some real pantaloons in there or a couple options for grieves and guantlets and such? Here we can't even change our primary and secondary color choice, which is just sad.

I dont mind having different choices for more revealing or less revealing armor sets. Sometimes it makes sense for a character to be sporting a more Greco-Roman look and show off the gams. But all the armor sets here are like one offs and a one-size-fits all sort of look. I'd like to see at least a few variants on normal armor for each set type, and beyond just 1 look for magical armor at each level of enchantment. Its annoying to want to wear less effective equipment simply because the +1 version looks better than the +2 version say. The conventions established in MMOs are much better at this. I wish Larian would take a page from what works there and give their players something more to have fun with in this department.

Also mage robes look equally terrible on both sexes.
And I still have yet to find a hood in this game.

Hopefully they put some zots on this stuff. Its more important for a role playing game. Anyone who thinks they got a lock on arbitrating universal style has their head in the clouds. Tastes are wildly divergent as a genral rule. There should be many more options/model-set for each basic armor type to at least accomodate some sense of individual preferences. But at least let us change colors?

Last edited by Black_Elk; 09/01/21 09:36 PM.
veteran
veteran
I'm mostly OK with the general armor look in the game, but I really want pants on the female githyanki armor and that female chainmail one.
Generally I like more variety and if people like revealing armor then just add different models for the same armor classes - as I said, variety is great.
I personally am sick and tired of chain mail bikinis and am glad, that you do have other options for female characters in most games now.

I like, how it is done in Star Wars - The Old Republic : have a slot for the stats and then wear, whatever you like. Would be a nice feature in this game too.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Originally Posted by A Clown
As a woman I personally

1. Would like both male and female armours to look the same

2. Yes I guess I sont mind revealing armour for both MEN and women (but please dont make it overbearingly anime like and not immersive)

3. I just want pretty armour that my lil elf can hobble around in.

4. Add clothing as an option (I really liked the outfits in DOS2 and the cute little corset tops)

(P.s. nothing is wrong with the anime look I just personally dont like it, so no offense to anyone here who does)

smile

Aside of your point 4 (I didn't play DOS2), we are on the same page.

It would be nice, in this forum, to have a way to make a poll with some questions and start building some stats.

Last edited by Starlights; 09/01/21 09:42 PM.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
I'm mostly OK with the general armor look in the game, but I really want pants on the female githyanki armor and that female chainmail one.
Generally I like more variety and if people like revealing armor then just add different models for the same armor classes - as I said, variety is great.
I personally am sick and tired of chain mail bikinis and am glad, that you do have other options for female characters in most games now.

I like, how it is done in Star Wars - The Old Republic : have a slot for the stats and then wear, whatever you like. Would be a nice feature in this game too.

Exactly!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by sahardima
4. Add clothing as an option (I really liked the outfits in DOS2 and the cute little corset tops)
Yes, please.

PS: "Skimpy" male armor:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

+1

Larian make this armor happen!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap thats awesome. Now I'm set up for disappointment. I hope your happy.

Last edited by Aishaddai; 09/01/21 09:34 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

Amazing option, truly, only super ''gamey'', it's like, instead of actual loot you find stat boosts.

veteran
veteran
I thought this video fits well in the discussion (and it's funny):

Doctor Who
apprentice
apprentice
Hah, Viva La Dirt League are so good laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kadajko

Amazing option, truly, only super ''gamey'', it's like, instead of actual loot you find stat boosts.

No you get armor for your class with the right stats, but you have a second slot option for the armor others see on you - so your jedi can look like a smuggler or your smuggler can have heavy armor on, but still have the right stats for them in another slot. It's basically a utility armor slot and a aestethic one - I find this the most elegant solution tbh. You can look like whatever you want and still have the stats you need.

This for example is a force user outfit, but I'm wearing it on my Rattataki agent, because I love the steampunky look:

Doctor Who
Oooh another thing I wanted to add was the witcher!

I loved all the historical costume inspired armours and clothing they had!

Although I'm not saying make it exactly like that but something that I really love about DnD and any fantasy inspired game/movie is the historical costume references smile
You can see anyway that a few of the armours and clothing in game have already done so, and I have no doubt that more will come soon laugh

(in other words please let us have corsets/stays with cute little poofy undershirts) XD

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Aishaddai
+1

Sorry. :P

Last edited by sahardima; 09/01/21 09:50 PM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Yes, please.

yesss!

Could definitely see that for the barbarian class laugh !!!!!

Yep but only as winter armor laugh

I thought this video fits well in the discussion (and it's funny):

I had quite a laugh watching this video - that's me !! They just cut it off too soon, that guy would have got a punch in the face LOL ! This is so good LMAO.

I agree. I played SWTOR and yes having a feature adding cloth without touching the bonus of your real armor is awesome.

Yes ! I like that as well. Looks like a DW ranger smile

Finally, we seem to converge in the same direction.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
enthusiast
enthusiast
No you get armor for your class with the right stats, but you have a second slot option for the armor others see on you - so your jedi can look like a smuggler or your smuggler can have heavy armor on, but still have the right stats for them in another slot. It's basically a utility armor slot and a aestethic one - I find this the most elegant solution tbh. You can look like whatever you want and still have the stats you need.

I understand, I played a lot of ToR. What I mean is that you find the look you like and then you get ''stats'' that you put into your equipment slots. It just removes that feel of finding good sh*t you know? You go through the dungeon, open a chest and find +2 AC, while you still look exactly the same. Like I said, it's an amazing option but also very ''gamey'', I would not be opposed to having this option, just would have to roleplay in my head really hard.

Last edited by Kadajko; 09/01/21 10:00 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
Yep but only as winter armor laugh

Summer version?:

:D:D:P

Last edited by sahardima; 09/01/21 10:12 PM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
based tbh.

Frazetta got it right

But realy i cannot stress this enaugh, i dislike how many of the male clothing options (and character models in general) look androgynous or just twinkishl
Even the hide armor doesnt look like a proper barbarian

Last edited by Sordak; 09/01/21 10:11 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sordak
But realy i cannot stress this enaugh, i dislike how many of the male clothing options (and character models in general) look androgynous or just twinkishl
Even the hide armor doesnt look like a proper barbarian

Hah, funny, as a person that actually likes androgynous looks, those are not androgynouus at all. I don't think you know what androgynous is mate.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Kadajko; 09/01/21 10:27 PM.
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Aishaddai
Yes, please.

+1

Thats not armor as the most vital and endangered parts of the body are left unprotected.

Last edited by Ixal; 09/01/21 10:47 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ixal
Thats nor armor as the most vital and endangered parts of the body are left unprotected.

You are talking to people that prefer aesthetics to realism.

Last edited by Kadajko; 09/01/21 10:35 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Starlights
Originally Posted by Danielbda
Fuck realism, this is a fantasy game. Armor has to look cool, and sexy armor looks better in a female body.

I think it can be done tastefully.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I agree to that, it's tastefully and fit into the less pragmatic and more into a fantasy world. smile but now that we are talking about this, ahhh .. the female equivalent would be ..ah just no

@Nyloth, what do you think ?

Isn't priest of Loviatar wearing something similar? He doesn’t have nipple chains but I think he will be happy to have it xD

However, it looks "sexy" only from some perverted side. First, the sexual armor for a male and female character will be visually different. It can't be the same. I am sure that this applies to both women's and men's tastes, as someone here already said, the skirts of git men do not look as sexy as Lae skirt. I would, for example, bare their breasts, instead of legs. Remember the trailer in the game! They were half-naked on dragons, very hot. Impractical, but hot.

What you see in this image is female sexuality, well, or it suited some very mannered and unusual male character.
But if it was a female character (and then the chest would be closed, which is logical), then this costume would look very cool. Although the rivets on the skin.. Oh, my God.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard