Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Originally Posted by Ixal
Thats not armor as the most vital and endangered parts of the body are left unprotected.

o.O - Hello ?!

Can you scroll up to the post about "Female armor in games - Breastplate" and comeback here with your comment ?

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
addict
addict
I am fine with most of the dimorphism, though I do feel some of the female options leave a bit to be desired. What I really want is for the different color schemes to become a variant for male and female. What? Only women can wear green? That makes no sense! Chain shirt 2's colors would be great for a ranger.

That said, chain shirt 2 also shows one of the complaints I have about the dimorphism of the armor styles. Why is the chain part of the chain shirt only visible for the males? The female set looks nothing like mail of any sort. It looks like cloth or maybe leather armor.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Originally Posted by Starlights
Originally Posted by Kadajko
Originally Posted by Danielbda
Fuck realism, this is a fantasy game. Armor has to look cool, and sexy armor looks better in a female body.

I think it can be done tastefully.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I agree to that, it's tastefully and fit into the less pragmatic and more into a fantasy world. smile but now that we are talking about this, ahhh .. the female equivalent would be ..ah just no

@Nyloth, what do you think ?

Isn't priest of Loviatar wearing something similar? He doesn’t have nipple chains but I think he will be happy to have it xD

However, it looks "sexy" only from some perverted side. First, the sexual armor for a male and female character will be visually different. It can't be the same. I am sure that this applies to both women's and men's tastes, as someone here already said, the skirts of git men do not look as sexy as Lae skirt. I would, for example, bare their breasts, instead of legs. Remember the trailer in the game! They were half-naked on dragons, very hot. Impractical, but hot.

What you see in this image is female sexuality, well, or it suited some very mannered and unusual male character.
But if it was a female character (and then the chest would be closed, which is logical), then this costume would look very cool. Although the rivets on the skin.. Oh, my God.

I think, that priest of Loviatar really has a similar armor. I must say, it's not really my cup of tea - be it for male or female - , but that's why I would like variety.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Isn't priest of Loviatar wearing something similar? He doesn’t have nipple chains but I think he will be happy to have it xD

This one has more Vanity.

However, it looks "sexy" only from some perverted side.

In what sense is it perverted?

First, the sexual armor for a male and female character will be visually different. It can't be the same.

It's both, there are some armors that are different and some that are the same, you can see it from the OP, I can post more examples of the same if you want.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am sure that this applies to both women's and men's tastes.

Depends on the individual.

As someone here already said, the skirts of git men do not look as sexy as Lae skirt.

You mean this?

Originally Posted by AvatarOfSHODAN
The leather wraps are hideous and make my menacing male Gith look like a hobo in half-plate.

That's because of the wraps.

What you see in this image is female sexuality.

No, females are not born in clothes, those were made by people, and clothes don't have a sex. You can call it feminine though.

Last edited by Kadajko; 09/01/21 11:42 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
They could add an option to customize armor in a blacksmith. the armor could be divide in sections that could be turned on or off. So if you want more skin, turn off some sections... If you want it to cover more, turned it on.. Some parts could be replaced and/or dyed

And every one would be happy.

Last edited by eestabil; 10/01/21 12:41 AM.
Originally Posted by eestabil
They could add an option to customize armor in a blacksmith. the armor could be divide in sections that could be turned on or off. So if you want more skin, turn off some sections... If you want it to cover more, turned it on.. Some parts could be replaced and/or dyed

And every one wold be happy.
+1. I would also like much more in the armor customization department.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
Originally Posted by sahardima
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
Yep but only as winter armor laugh

Summer version?:

:D:D:P

I think I found the armor for my male barbarian! Bless you wink

Originally Posted by Danielbda
Fuck realism, this is a fantasy game. Armor has to look cool, and sexy armor looks better in a female body.

I think it can be done tastefully.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I agree to that, it's tastefully and fit into the less pragmatic and more into a fantasy world. smile but now that we are talking about this, ahhh .. the female equivalent would be ..ah just no

@Nyloth, what do you think ?

However, it looks "sexy" only from some perverted side. First, the sexual armor for a male and female character will be visually different. It can't be the same. I am sure that this applies to both women's and men's tastes, as someone here already said, the skirts of git men do not look as sexy as Lae skirt. I would, for example, bare their breasts, instead of legs. Remember the trailer in the game! They were half-naked on dragons, very hot. Impractical, but hot.

What you see in this image is female sexuality, well, or it suited some very mannered and unusual male character.
But if it was a female character (and then the chest would be closed, which is logical), then this costume would look very cool. Although the rivets on the skin.. Oh, my God.

To me that dude is "sexy" although its not my thing because of the rivets and rings in the skin. And through reverse image search it is intended to be sexy. He is a priest of a god of "Lust, pride and self-indulgence."

@Nyloth Took me a second to get what you meant by "female sexuality", because the half naked dude under the spoiler tag was more tantalizing to me as a woman attracted to men (though unfortunately, the bara art style isn't usually intended for a female audience), but I think I get what you mean. Picture in your mind what a sexy, evil sorceress would look like - its easy to visualize because its such a trope. Make her male and that's that picture. Legs out with a trailing robe, and the male equivalent of showing cleavage. I disagree that it doesn't work here, but if you're not used to this sort of thing, I respect our difference in tastes.

Last edited by AvatarOfSHODAN; 10/01/21 01:36 AM.
old hand
old hand
I think there should be multiple styles of armour for each type. Some can be "sexy" and some can be normal for both sexes. Also dyes, we have a framework for a crafting system and can collect herbs already. Each type of armour could have racial styles and also class styles. Something like Drow Cleric style for females I would expect to be "sexy" but some others I would expect to be practical. Ideally both sexes could wear whichever version they wished but that may be hard to add since the bodies are obviously shaped differently.

Personal preference, I prefer practical armour but I am not against the inclusion of more revealing stuff as long as there are plenty of options for everyone. Of the armours you showed, the Hide+1 looks the best, of course I would like to darken it a lot more.

Oh, and please no ridiculous pauldrons unless they can be added separately for those that like them. I like spiky stuff and skulls and all that, but stabbing myself with my own armour is just not my thing.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Summer version?:

Ahhh the only way to play a wizard. You have good taste. 100 percent the wizard Mystra told Gale not to worry about. I would definitely main wizard if I had this in bg3 buffness and all.

Last edited by Aishaddai; 10/01/21 03:00 AM.
Originally Posted by Aishaddai

Summer version?:

Ahhh the only way to play a wizard. You have good taste. 100 percent the wizard Mystra told Gale not to worry about. I would definitely main wizard if I had this in bg3 buffness and all.

Bah, if you can scroll up to @sahardima post and get the context, I understand the point/joke she was trying to make and it was good. But, even though I may enjoy male in sexy armor, this pic is off the chart. Seeing that bag of muscle chasing monsters in a speedo (is it chained speedo ?) is just ridiculous. But, I don't know, the few people here that has thrown the "fantasy world" card might like it I guess.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
D
addict
addict
D
I like boobs, so I'm not really going to complain about female armor that follows breast contours. However... its not terribly realistic. I'm sure that building armor like that would be terribly impractical, and probably dangerous since it deflects attacks towards your heart. Not a good idea.

I don't really feel strongly either way, but I lean slightly towards more realistic breastplates that would basically look the same for men and women, rather than have them be form fitting death traps for women.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by DuskHorseman
Originally Posted by eestabil

And every one wold be happy.
+1. I would also like much more in the armor customization department.

I see your +1 and raise you a +1.
I'll pretty much always vote for more customization options.

apprentice
apprentice

Summer version?:

Bah, if you can scroll up to @sahardima post and get the context, I understand the point/joke she was trying to make and it was good. But, even though I may enjoy male in sexy armor, this pic is off the chart. Seeing that bag of muscle chasing monsters in a speedo (is it chained speedo ?) is just ridiculous. But, I don't know, the few people here that has thrown the "fantasy world" card might like it I guess.
[quote=sahardima][quote=Bufotenina]Yep but only as winter armor laugh

Summer version?:

Yup, it was a joke. Still, this sort of armor would be appealing for some people.

Originally Posted by Zarna
I think there should be multiple styles of armour for each type. Some can be "sexy" and some can be normal for both sexes. Also dyes, we have a framework for a crafting system and can collect herbs already. Each type of armour could have racial styles and also class styles. Something like Drow Cleric style for females I would expect to be "sexy" but some others I would expect to be practical. Ideally both sexes could wear whichever version they wished but that may be hard to add since the bodies are obviously shaped differently.

It will be a good compromise.

Last edited by sahardima; 10/01/21 08:57 AM.
addict
addict
In what sense is it perverted?
Sorry, I meant "specific", something like that. Note that the priest loviatar has CERTAIN HOBBIES. If you know what I mean... The female audience most likely will not consider these clothes for male sexy, most likely SPECIFIC. My personal opinion of course.

It's both, there are some armors that are different and some that are the same, you can see it from the OP, I can post more examples of the same if you want.
I'm about 'sexy' armor. Not this one.

Depends on the individual.
Not really? There are certain stereotypes that the male and female audience likes, which are emphasized. Let us proceed from this majority, not from individuals.

No, females are not born in clothes, those were made by people, and clothes don't have a sex. You can call it feminine though.

As a woman, I know very well that a woman is not born in clothes. But I understand that we live in a society, and there are certain things that look good on a woman, and there are some that look good on a man. Which attracts most of the audience depending on gender.

There are some exceptions in clothing that is "unisex" and looks good on anyone. But If you dress a man in a dress, for example, not every woman will like it and not every woman will find a man in a dress attractive.
That's what I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by AvatarOfSHODAN
I disagree that it doesn't work here, but if you're not used to this sort of thing, I respect our difference in tastes.

I understand that it works for some people, but I prefer to think about the majority. Most people love masculinity in men and femininity in women. This image is VERY SPECIFIC for a male character, but VERY COMMON for a female one.

If I saw such a character I would say "oh wow!" (of any gender). But I wouldn't wear this robe on Astarion, just for fun maybe xd

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zarna

Personal preference, I prefer practical armour but I am not against the inclusion of more revealing stuff as long as there are plenty of options for everyone. Of the armours you showed, the Hide+1 looks the best, of course I would like to darken it a lot more.

Oh, and please no ridiculous pauldrons unless they can be added separately for those that like them. I like spiky stuff and skulls and all that, but stabbing myself with my own armour is just not my thing.

A good idea, but I don't think they will implement it because they will have to pay for additional clothing models/concepts(??). In fact, EPIC and good-looking armor doesn't have to be exposed. You can be sexy without exposed body parts. The problem is that now there is simply no such armor in the game. Right now the most terrible clothes for magicians, my opinion. That awful robe that only changes color.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
enthusiast
enthusiast
A year or two down the line we will hopefully get something similar to the customization in Skyrim SE. That level of freedom is where my two cents would go. I dont mind skimpy or revealing armour for both men and women as I think we are making a choice outwith the "normal" constraints of reality. Besides, most real, historical fighting armour was pretty bland and utilitairian. You need it to stop steel, not look good. I wonder if however there could be "some" benefit from wearing little or even no armour in battle real or fantasy. The Picts (probably some of my ancestors) took on the Romansand each other (allegedly) in the nip (nude although adorned with some blueish paint). I mean yes, they did probably lose a lot of fights, but the Picts did prevent the Romans completely dominating their culture. Perhaps there is something in charging bollock naked at your enemy.... You might just distract them enough to get a sneaky stab in whilst they oggle your ... bits. So sexy armour? Yes please but make it a choice or let us mod that choice. Which I'm sure they will.

apprentice
apprentice
Wizard robes are hmm, just generic. Not bad, but not good too. I want more variety.
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
[[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

veteran
veteran
Wizard robes are hmm, just generic. Not bad, but not good too. I want more variety.
[[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ohh - I like the first and the third one. Wizards do need more variety.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by dwig
I like boobs, so I'm not really going to complain about female armor that follows breast contours. However... its not terribly realistic. I'm sure that building armor like that would be terribly impractical, and probably dangerous since it deflects attacks towards your heart. Not a good idea.

I don't really feel strongly either way, but I lean slightly towards more realistic breastplates that would basically look the same for men and women, rather than have them be form fitting death traps for women.

Actually boob armor is not that bad, check this out:

Someone on reddit did have a funny go at this though:

Original:

Modified:

enthusiast
enthusiast
Let us proceed from this majority, not from individuals.

This is the main point I think where we disagree. I think that an RPG in which you can make your character and choose your story, customization and options as well as aesthetics should be an aggregate of many different things that individuals like, including popular things, but not strictly what majority likes.

Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard