Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Some items have "story item" in the description. But to me, it's not clear what this signifies.
I thought at first it would play a role at some point in the adventure, so I kept them all, but after numerous playing hours, it doesn't seem so, so I've started bartering some, to obtain some magis weapons and armor.

I searched the board, but didn't find a post about this. Apologies if it was already explained somewhere.

Thanx.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by ldo58
Some items have "story item" in the description. But to me, it's not clear what this signifies.
I thought at first it would play a role at some point in the adventure, so I kept them all, but after numerous playing hours, it doesn't seem so, so I've started bartering some, to obtain some magis weapons and armor.

I searched the board, but didn't find a post about this. Apologies if it was already explained somewhere.

Thanx.

Keep in mind not all stories have been completed. So what may seem useless now may be needed later to complete or trigger the next stage of the story.

I've encountered a few of these, especially trinkets. Seems like their quests haven't been implemented yet.

veteran
veteran
Some only have a very limited story use, but exist for the sake of certain dialogue flags. One example is the locket that is a source of contention between a tielfing child and one of the mercenaries in the druid grove. It exists purely for the case that you get your hands on it at some point in handling that event (such as pick-pocketing it), but does nothing else outside that.

Link Copied to Clipboard