Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
OP Offline
E
Prologue encounter with intelectual companion is way too creepy.
Please, make us skip dialogue till we can choose our dialogue swiftly, or lower the checks needed. It's way way too much for beginning.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You mean intellect devourer? You can completely ignore it or kill it, you don't need any checks.

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Kadajko
You mean intellect devourer? You can completely ignore it or kill it, you don't need any checks.

I'm not fine with that.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I just avoid it. Squick isn't my thing. Also take off the headphones so I can't hear the creepy voice.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
You can avoid the scene just ignore the call from Us. In the case you want to add the brainy companion you can skip all the cut scenes.

old hand
old hand
I just walk past it. Nope nope nope.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by EstherEloise

I'm not fine with that.

You're not fine with what? Walking past what you are not fine with? Just walk away from it lol, it is not crucial to the plot in any way shape or form.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B

I'm not fine with that.

You're not fine with what? Walking past what you are not fine with? Just walk away from it lol, it is not crucial to the plot in any way shape or form.

Indeed. Everytime I go through the tutorial i feel sad cause I would love to have Us as a pet companion. I wonder if one of the intellectual devourers that fight the party in the crash site is Us.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You realise your playing a game right...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Please, make us skip dialogue till we can choose our dialogue swiftly, or lower the checks needed. It's way way too much for beginning.

Random wandering demands change. Make it so Larian. fuck.

Originally Posted by Bufotenina

I'm not fine with that.

Indeed. Everytime I go through the tutorial i feel sad cause I would love to have Us as a pet companion. I wonder if one of the intellectual devourers that fight the party in the crash site is Us.

Call me creepy, but I went to the dialog options and ..

yes, you can have that intellect in your party, and control it, while you are on the ship (only). smile

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
veteran
veteran
By the way I didn't intend my comment to be dismissive. I think letting Larian know that scene was a bit too creepy is a good thing. Yes, BG2 started with scenes of torture and had a darker tone than bg1, but like the op, I thought this was over the top and I didn't like the squick.

W
veteran
veteran
W

I'm not fine with that.

Why not?

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I liked that scene. One of the reasons is that it gives you a chance to see how your character turned out before you get too far in, so if you accidentally made Frankenstein’s monster you can restart and try again. It is kind of ... squishy ... but a good character test and intro to the dialogue checks too.

It is a creepy scene. I don't mind it, but the oddness of the scene sometimes makes me laugh. Especially when you fail the rolls and dig your fingers into it and just cant pry it out. It's not really a normal thing that happens.

stranger
stranger
I love the creepiness of the scene, but the dice rolls are a little demanding unless you specifically make your character competent in the exact traits you need for those dice rolls (I've forgotten what they were already).

I can see people just reloading their saves over and over and over just to get the little brain guy helper while on the ship.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by VioletGrey
I love the creepiness of the scene, but the dice rolls are a little demanding unless you specifically make your character competent in the exact traits you need for those dice rolls (I've forgotten what they were already).

I can see people just reloading their saves over and over and over just to get the little brain guy helper while on the ship.

Especially with as long as it takes to re-load the game each time

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Topper

Random wandering demands change. Make it so Larian. fuck.

Don't get me wrong, but that scene is over the top. Irrelevant how much time I spent here, I still think Larian can lower some dice rolls.

E
OP Offline
E
and I'm not OK with missing content just because I can't stomac it. I can endure it, but it's still over the top.

E
OP Offline
E
I'm sorry if I'm bit harsh, but pulsating brain?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard