Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Yglika Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello, all.

I sided with Minthara and killed (I thnk all) thieflings. But she keeps saying there's more and I should hunt them down. I also killed Kagha at druid's casting place, but the rest of the druids is behind the door which is however locked from the inside. Does she mean I should somehow get in there and kill druids too, or is it somehow bugged? Kagha had some key but it cannot be used to open that stone door.

Last edited by Yglika; 21/10/20 11:55 PM.

I don't possess a magical gift, I'm the magic itself.
old hand
old hand
Try to kill Kaga and the druids before raiding the grove; then the tieflings will help to defeat them, and there will be no problem

I did so, in the process the tiefling leader died. And then I just killed the guards at the gate and broke the gate, and went to the camp. I didn't even have a battle scene, when I came to the grove everyone was already dead, and they congratulated me on my victory.

This is an early access flaw, but this way you can complete the quest

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
K
K
Khaga's key is for her footlocker not a door. I don't quite understand why you would be having her telling you to "hunt them down", I did not have that issue when I did a kill the grove run. If they are behind the stone door in the center of the grove ritual area, you can try going the back way.
misty step or jump to the ledge in the back door tunnel

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
And I cut out all =)))

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
After the goblins attack - the first battle - the guardian opens the gate. And first artifact gloves from human

Last edited by Queen; 23/10/20 12:07 AM.
vel Offline
When you reenter the Druid Grove the druids should have emerged from the stronghold and left the stone door open. There's a big fight with maybe 15-20 druids that's IIRC separate from the smaller fight that kills Khaga. I think it only triggers after you kill the tieflings outdoors.

Don't forget to also kill the frightened tieflings in the safe room behind the other stone door, near the markers/training area.

You'll be able to talk to Minthara after that's all done. Be sure to save regularly, there's no opportunity to once the final dialog with her starts.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
DANG...y'all is some cold-blooded m-f's
LOL!

Nah. I'm just goodie two-shoes. I couldn't even shoot my mouth off at Lae-zel when she started bad-mouthing me as her flirting technique.

Yglika Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
@Osiris0716: Hey, we're just drows! ;-)

@Others: Thanks for all help but it seems to be just bugged for me. I made a report and will try it sometime later in the second run. hehe

Last edited by Yglika; 24/10/20 08:07 PM.

I don't possess a magical gift, I'm the magic itself.
I just tried this for the first time and while I thought that it was funny pushing Zevlor and one other tiefling down to get slaughtered by Minthara and the goblins outside the gate, it was annoying to run up the nearby hill and discover that damned bugbear (that I had forgotten about from another playthrough) is a lone gunman and I had to fight him before moving on to the rest of the encampment.

The tieflings were pushovers and easily dispatched. But. The entirety of the druids assembled to confront me just beyond the steps where Arabella's grieving parents are first encountered. While I survived the fight longer than I had expected, they basically made short work of my party. So, any tips for the next attempt would be appreciated!

That is a hint ......

Last edited by Capt.Wells; 22/12/20 02:43 PM.

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
I thought that I would offer a follow up to my comments above.

I actually managed to wipe out the druids this weekend using Gale, Lae'zel, Shadowheart and my drow warlock. I took four or five oil barrels and three or four caustic bulbs and just bombed them until those stocks were depleted by which time enough of the druids were whittled down that the fight was more doable. After a couple of rounds where their survivors began moving en masse towards the entry point where my party was staging, I sounded the horn to summon the ogres. The tougher druids (Kagha, Rath and Arron) plus a few others managed to kill my team, but my warlock survived by moving to a better vantage point inside the grove and sniping those still lurking beyond the stone steps. Those ogres pretty much handled Kagha, which took plenty of heat off of me, after my team perished taking out Rath and Arron. Netties spider form was the last foe and between myself and the three ogres, that was all it took to polish her off! Revival scrolls returned my team to the land of the living afterwards.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a glitch in the game now, and I can not get the Rune of the Wolf to combine or slot? Those vault rewards can not be claimed!

Last edited by Capt.Wells; 28/12/20 12:34 PM.

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Yglika
Hello, all.

I sided with Minthara and killed (I thnk all) thieflings. But she keeps saying there's more and I should hunt them down. I also killed Kagha at druid's casting place, but the rest of the druids is behind the door which is however locked from the inside. Does she mean I should somehow get in there and kill druids too, or is it somehow bugged? Kagha had some key but it cannot be used to open that stone door.

Did you have Wyll with you when you first got the quest to do the grove? It was bugged for me when he ran back to the grove to warn them. I cleaned the whole place out but Minthara was stuck down in the hollow saying we still needed to kill people. Normally you clear the hollow and then she moves into Zevlor's cave. Whenever I've tried it without having had Wyll join my party, he's been in the hollow and dies. I suspect he's tagged as needing to die. I never checked to see if he was back at camp...

Originally Posted by Thieves Rule
Hello, all.

Did you have Wyll with you when you first got the quest to do the grove? It was bugged for me when he ran back to the grove to warn them. I cleaned the whole place out but Minthara was stuck down in the hollow saying we still needed to kill people. Normally you clear the hollow and then she moves into Zevlor's cave. Whenever I've tried it without having had Wyll join my party, he's been in the hollow and dies. I suspect he's tagged as needing to die. I never checked to see if he was back at camp...

Wyll left my party over my decision to help eradicate the grove and yet curiously, after I finally accomplished it and returned to my camp ..... he was standing at the back near his tent same as always. I even talked to him and he said nothing about the whole affair?

I assume that this was a glitch and that he will not necessarily remain there the next time that I log back in?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Capt.Wells
Unfortunately, there seems to be a glitch in the game now, and I can not get the Rune of the Wolf to combine or slot? Those vault rewards can not be claimed!

You wouldn't be playing with a controller on stadia would you? If so, there is no option to combine items with the controller right now. If you are playing with a keyboard and a mouse you drag and drop the Rune into the combine box. I hope that makes sense.

Shaolin Stoner
Originally Posted by ShaolinStoner
Originally Posted by Capt.Wells

You wouldn't be playing with a controller on stadia would you? If so, there is no option to combine items with the controller right now. If you are playing with a keyboard and a mouse you drag and drop the Rune into the combine box. I hope that makes sense.

I appreciate the heads up, but had already figure this out to my consternation. I genuinely hope that this is something to be fixed in any new patch that is coming, I mean they had no problems selling me that game for Stadia, but there was nothing in the small print that said anything about important stuff not being possible in this format?

I get that early access is going to be spotty, but this is not spotty at all. This is story content that can not be used!

I am on my 4th playthrough and the 2nd time I try to complete this quest and failing.
Minthara just disappears in my game after she leaves the temple to attack the tieflings. I get no cinematic at the gates of the grove and if I enter and try to warn Zevlor I get no option to tell him the goblins are coming.
I tried to resolve the feud between them and the druids by freeing Halsin but he vanishes too after I got him out of the cage. My quest log says I should meet him at the grove but like Minthara he is just nowhere to be found.

I had no problem whatsoever when completing this quest the other way around, aka by siding with the tieflings but the evil path seems barred out for me no matter how hard I try!

Any suggestions? Is there a specific order I have to follow to make this work? Help frown

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
P
addict
addict
P
@Osiris0716: Hey, we're just drows! ;-)

@Others: Thanks for all help but it seems to be just bugged for me. I made a report and will try it sometime later in the second run. hehe

Did you zone into the tiefling area and kill them? I took me a bit to figure that out. Then after you kill them, she tells you to wipe out the druids. When you go back into the cove they are all out there.

Link Copied to Clipboard