Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#750932 11/01/21 09:14 PM
H
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
H
How do people feel about buying a house as a base for when we get to Baldur's Gate, so that when you "camp", you are technically just staying at your house overnight? Put on some Hello Kitty decoration and home sweet home? I don't think you should camp in the middle of town? It would give a bit of immersion of a rest place you could place your items in chest instead of carrying everything everywhere.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Or just, you cant camp at will while in the city walls so have to book a room at an inn each night, ala BG, which transitions you to an Inn room 'camp'

maybe with a quest that gives you a long term room as payment? or something like BG2 guildhouses
A house would be, less adventurer than an Inn or a guild, and if a guild you could do upgrades and stuff and have a base development angle to the game like pillars or kingmaker, not just decorations.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
old hand
old hand
You mean like Strongholds, that could be cool to have and would be an interesting evolution on the camp we have now, and the area could feel more personal for all the companions with dedicated rooms or sections like the ship in Mass Effect

H
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
You mean like Strongholds, that could be cool to have and would be an interesting evolution on the camp we have now, and the area could feel more personal for all the companions with dedicated rooms or sections like the ship in Mass Effect
Honestly, I feel like the ingredients are all there. You could steal paintings, statues, and everything. Hoard the treasures and decorate the place with items you have. I love decorating stronghold sometimes and see how others make theirs. I spent like hours making my room in Fallout 4. XD

yeah, like strongholds, but it could be a part of the quest as well like secret base or planning or something.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by Hilarian
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Honestly, I feel like the ingredients are all there. You could steal paintings, statues, and everything. Hoard the treasures and decorate the place with items you have. I love decorating stronghold sometimes and see how others make theirs. I spent like hours making my room in Fallout 4. XD

yeah, like strongholds, but it could be a part of the quest as well like secret base or planning or something.

Furthermore the camp is evolving. slowly and in silence, in the shadows.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
I would like a house/stronghold. It would be great to have it class-themed as well!

S
addict
addict
S
As long as it’s just a place to rest and dump stuff I’m okay with it. I just don’t like managing it.

But really I’d rather stay in a camp or inn. How can I be a murder hobo if I actually have a home? That’d just make my characters murderers and that’s just boring.

H
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
As long as it’s just a place to rest and dump stuff I’m okay with it. I just don’t like managing it.

But really I’d rather stay in a camp or inn. How can I be a murder hobo if I actually have a home? That’d just make my characters murderers and that’s just boring.
Hobo is a state of mind, as long as you have the heart of a hobo within you, it doesn't matter where you are, if you don't have one, just get one from Volo.

veteran
veteran
Just... Why ?

Our goal is to remove the tadpole and probably to save the world... It's a journey along the Sword Coast and the Avernus.

Why would we buy a house ? Maybe we should rent a flat during our hollidays in Baldur's Gate ?

It would look ridiculous.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 12/01/21 01:04 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
Can I rent a vacation island instead?

H
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by Anfindel
Sure, whatever you want.

S
addict
addict
S
Sure, whatever you want.

Can I build stuff and have animal visitors?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Sure, whatever you want.

Once again, the fine art of sarcasm wasted.

There is absolutely NO rational justification for the MC to obtain a house or stronghold based upon the plotline of this game.

Maybe in BG4 you can build yourself a harem and load it up with Hello Kitty décor and a gaggle of giggling belly dancers.

H
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
H
Sure, whatever you want.

Once again, the fine art of sarcasm wasted.

There is absolutely NO rational justification for the MC to obtain a house or stronghold based upon the plotline of this game.

Maybe in BG4 you can build yourself a harem and load it up with Hello Kitty décor and a gaggle of giggling belly dancers.
I know it's sarcasm, I just decide to roll with it. smile

old hand
old hand
If our character is from Baldur's Gate, shouldn't they already have a house - or at least a residence - somewhere? Were we all living on the street?

H
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
If our character is from Baldur's Gate, shouldn't they already have a house - or at least a residence - somewhere? Were we all living on the street?
I thought it's depending on the background, right? I'm not sure how it goes with certain races since I don't know if they're from Baldur's Gate like Gith? It's depending, but really, renting or buying or guild, mainly just a stronghold base would make sense for me rather than just wandering aimlessly throughout the city.

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
I sweet home in Baldur's Gate will be one of the mods I'll be looking for come shortly after release. If we have one already or not doesn't really matter much to me cause I have no doubts modders will make something better than Larian gives us anyway if they do.

enthusiast
enthusiast
In BG1, which actually took place in Baldur's Gate, you owned neither house nor stronghold.

In BG2, you were able to occupy or otherwise take over a stronghold, in SOME cases, in others you are simply promoted to a position of some authority (cleric and paladin for example). This generally required mid to high levels and class related quests.

In as much as BG3, at least so far, involves lower level, and quests entirely unrelated to ones class, as well as a more survival directed goal ( not becoming an Illithid) - I still fail to see how a stronghold or a house folds into the plot.

Pathfinder justified it as you were building a realm. PoE tried to justify it through the plot, as the major dungeon was beneath your stronghold. PoE2 gave you a boat because, pirates...

DA again justified it as you were building up what had once been a "class" stronghold as a defense - it was a somewhat central part of the plot

This seems to be one of those things somebody always feels necessary in RPG's these days - the itinerate adventurer seems to be a lost cause. I'm all for it in most games, where it is justified by the plat, but so far don't see a rationale for adding it to BG3 except that it would "be cool".

Not to mention the developmental time eaten up by creating mechanics to properly place all that collected junk around your house!!

enthusiast
enthusiast
How do people feel about buying a house as a base for when we get to Baldur's Gate, so that when you "camp", you are technically just staying at your house overnight? Put on some Hello Kitty decoration and home sweet home? I don't think you should camp in the middle of town? It would give a bit of immersion of a rest place you could place your items in chest instead of carrying everything everywhere.

That would be an interesting idea depending on how much gameplay there will be once we get to Baldur's gate. After all from what I understand there will only be 3 chapters and we will only be able to rise to level 10. Would it be beneficial to have a house?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
+1 ... it would be nice to have option to visit your house, no story relation needed, just "hey honney im home ... and now im not again". laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 12/01/21 08:21 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard