Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Originally Posted by A Clown
Originally Posted by Ixal
Even for a rogue that is not armor. Armor must offer some sort of protection which those outfits do not.

Yeah true buttttt I'm sure looking like a cute pirate in leather armour corset is worth it XD

But seriously though I feel like playing a mage or any ranged class it would be better to be equipped lightly so you can manoeuvre more no?

Yes, I agree. it should be full leather armor and if you are trying to hide or go stealth mode, you won't ring like a bell.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
D
addict
addict
D
A clumsy mage that somehow gets heavy armor proficiency can do quite well in full plate (in 5e at least).

T
Banned
Banned
T
I am all for armor sexualation Lae Zel looks sexy... and Shadowheart is also nice looking...

I am tired of the romance videos with no nude scenes. I want nudity there you go armor sexualation is not enough for me.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 12/01/21 02:21 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GiksTheTerrible
I want sexy edgelord armor. I want rule of cool.

Any arguments about practicality are completely foolish in light of ANY armor preventing you from being rent in half by a dragon.

I am however down for a wide variety of armor appearances and an appearance tab. If you want to dress like a nun, Id like you to be able to. If I want to dress like a sexy nun, I want to be able to.

Same

They need to go full fashion, otherwise what's the point of all the 3d?

I was happier when the paper doll had like 4 armored looks, a single unarmored one, and 2 colors for everything, since the imagination had to do the rest. But now that they've opened it all up, I want to see it all. Sufficient variety to approach the limits of the imagination is a tall order, but at least take it to D&D fashion school so we can get the standards.

Simple tunics, and under gear would be amusing to choose at character creation.

Regular clothes would be cool to swoop at a tailor shop along the way

The regular armors should at least each give a couple different basic looks and a way to dye or change the colors of the cloth and leather components.

Enchanted armors could lock some colors in place, in much the same way it worked in BG1/2, but the regular gear it would be cool to customize.

I also wish instead of just giving us Enchanted equipment, they would make enchanting the equipment part of the gameplay, which could provide an opportunity for initial customization. Especially for +1 equipment. Higher level stuff, sure they can lock it all and show off. But I mean for the basics. I don't generally enjoy armor crafting in an SP game, but that's because of the way its typically handled in fantasy games with endless collecting and grinding to get to the point where you can make cool looking stuff, those systems make sense in MMO, but I'd like them to do something along those lines, or what was introduced in NWN for tweaking models in Aurora. You know switching out straps and belts and pauldrons and such. I'd like shopping for/creating the regular equipment, and then having a mage enchant it to +1 via some questline or such.

I kind of wish they would really focus on dialing the prologue and getting us to our first actual town in the EA. Instead of just dropping a bunch of magical equipment on us at a couple merchants and loots. They could make getting the first +1 anything a major deal in the early part of the game. Instead of giving up the ghost right away

old hand
old hand
Light armour is still light armour, not just clothes. Neither of the pictured examples are wearing heavy enough garments to count as even Padded Armour. Wearing just clothes does not net you any AC, though you still have your DEX bonus of course.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dexai
Light armour is still light armour, not just clothes. Neither of the pictured examples are wearing heavy enough garments to count as even Padded Armour. Wearing just clothes does not net you any AC, though you still have your DEX bonus of course.

Astarion's armor looks like this and gives AC 11, although heavy armor AC 15. Think again.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
old hand
old hand
Astarion's armour is supposed to be Padded Armour, which it doesn't particularly look like, true -- though gambeson/aketon based civil clothing were very popular in the late medieval/renaissance times -- but it certainly looks more appropriately like armour than either of the pictures dressups above.

So please. Think again.

addict
addict
Astarion's armour is supposed to be Padded Armour, which it doesn't particularly look like, true -- though gambeson/aketon based civil clothing were very popular in the late medieval/renaissance times -- but it certainly looks more appropriately like armour than either of the pictures dressups above.

So please. Think again.

Excuse me? It's a game. It does not matter whether it is similar in your understanding or not, it is still armor, it has stats. This suggests that armor of this style is possible in the game and it will still be LIGHT ARMOR that suits rogues, bards, mages, or someone similar. The fact that it "doesn't look like that" seems to be your personal problem of perception versus facts, which are already in the game. And I want to tell you that at this stage, Wyll's armor is also very similar, it's just clothes, there are no "protective" elements, and yet statistically it gives protection. Thank God you've never played Korean games, you'd be surprised what kind of clothing can GIVE YOU PROTECTION. Because in many games, the design doesn't affect the armor stats. And design is important to me.

You write that such armor should give AC 0, but in the game you already have such armor that gives AC 11. Fact.

Last edited by Nyloth; 12/01/21 11:45 AM.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
old hand
old hand
That's not a fact at all. Astarion's suit is nothing like the exampled pictures, and is clearly supposed to be a doublet, which in case you're unaware was a kind of battle jacket. Wyll's frock is visibly padded. And Korean games are completely irrelevant.,

You are free to wear just clothing. Both Barbarians and Monks are designed to wear nothing but clothing. But DnD do not give clothing AC, and neither should BG3. Mages don't wear armour either (unless they invest in feats or get proficiencies from other sources), they wear clothing.

Banned
Banned
This is why Nier did it right. Androids need no armor so they can wear maid outfits.

L
L
Light armour is still light armour, not just clothes. Neither of the pictured examples are wearing heavy enough garments to count as even Padded Armour. Wearing just clothes does not net you any AC
Why shouldn't clothing be armor in a game where you can eat a pig's head in less than six seconds and be instantly healed?

Last edited by Labayu; 12/01/21 01:56 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
A: I think they should change to compliment the character's body. If the armor can morph to fit dwarves and halflings better I don't see any reason it shouldn't morph to fit men or women better. Unless we're just talking about the taking away pants thing I see being discussed in which case yeah, that's kinda ridiculous.
B: I prefer practical armor. I think sexy armor should be left to mods. I don't necessarily care if they want to add a way to transmog it or something for other people but I'd rather default be practical.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ok so I had to sit on this for awhile. Funny enough, my family convinced me. What do I get for showing you how wrong you are on pretty much all points? If I do all the work of typing out explanations and citations, what do I get?

You are free to believe whatever you wish, but it seems to me that I would be doing all the work for nothing. Do you even want to know or are you looking for validation? Either way, it means nothing for me. Ignorance is bliss, but not an excuse. You are in charge of yourself. If you want to know then you do the work. I see nothing in it for me. If you can do something right and well then don't do it without some compensation.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Labayu
Light armour is still light armour, not just clothes. Neither of the pictured examples are wearing heavy enough garments to count as even Padded Armour. Wearing just clothes does not net you any AC
Why shouldn't clothing be armor in a game where you can eat a pig's head in less than six seconds and be instantly healed?

Two wrongs don't make a right

apprentice
apprentice
Overzealousness is worse than fascism.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Aishaddai
Ok so I had to sit on this for awhile. Funny enough, my family convinced me.

Shame you have to be convinced instead of arriving at conclusions on your own. Funnily enough this is actually a sign that conversations with you are most likely not going to be productive, since after a while you will most likely default to the opinons of those around you.

What do I get for showing you how wrong you are on pretty much all points? If I do all the work of typing out explanations and citations, what do I get? I see nothing in it for me. If you can do something right and well then don't do it without some compensation.

If you don't enjoy it don't do it. I personally enjoy intellectual growth, challenging ideas and plain banter. If none of those things are of interest to you, you are indeed just wasting your time and should stop.

You are free to believe whatever you wish.

It is not a belief, this is not a religion, it is a conclusion.

Do you even want to know or are you looking for validation?

I know what I know, if you have new information or information that contadicts what I know I will evaluate it. Validation is the least of my concerns.

Ignorance is bliss, but not an excuse. You are in charge of yourself. If you want to know then you do the work.

This quote I can actually throw right back at you.

Last edited by Kadajko; 12/01/21 03:54 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Isn't this whole thread based on datamined photos of armors that will probably get changed later? If I'm not mistaken the female hide armor already has pants.

Last edited by A_va; 12/01/21 05:03 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by A_va
Isn't this whole thread based on datamined photos of armors that will probably get changed later?

Some are already in the game some are not,maybe they will get changed, maybe they won't, doesn't stop us from sharing our opinions about it.

veteran
veteran
Maybe you two can take this fight private? I'm not sure any of us are getting anything out of it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sozz
Maybe you two can take this fight private? I'm not sure any of us are getting anything out of it.

Seriously, this is like the steam forums lol

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard