enthusiast
enthusiast
@FallenJ thanks for the sharing of the videos I found them quite interesting

Niara Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Madscientist
- Last time I played was before the latest patch, there I could equip a hand crossbow in both hands. But the offhand crossbow was shown as action (not bonus action) so I never used them and had a normal crossbow instead.
- Is the relative size of halfling and dog correct? If yes I want them to ride on the dog.

Yeah, that was part of the bug, I think; when you had dual-wield clicked on, but it wanted to take an action for both, or something of that nature. Something in the process of using them or switching them on or off (melee to ranged) was causing the game to crash, at least. hopefully when they get it fixed I'll be able to check the dual animations again.

And yes, all dogs depicted are actual size. Halflings are small seized creatures, and formally by the rules, they can comfortably used medium sized creatures that are built for such, as mounts... so standard out of the book mastiffs are actually perfect for them. As are blink dogs, hell hounds, boars, hyenas and wolves, to name a few ^.^

In particualr, the ranger's wolf companion looks like he'd make a lovely mount, and I was so sad that I didn't have the option to climb on...

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
I agree, the halflings don't look right. All of the changes in the original post sound good to me.

Agreed with this. Not much more else to say.

S
S
They look more like gnomes to me at the moment. I agree the model should be tightened up alongside the animations when it gets a pass-over by the devs

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
They look more like gnomes to me at the moment. I agree the model should be tightened up alongside the animations when it gets a pass-over by the devs

No, gnomes look better than that. (Unlike Halflings I hope gnomes look like in the PHB.)
I agree with the halfling suggestions from Niara.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Niara Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I had meant to mention it here a little earlier, but took a break from the forums and it slipped my mind... but there is some small news to add, inasmuch as Halfling animation rigging is slated to get some serious attention (I'm hoping along with some slight model adjustments, though no word on that), in the planned future of the EA. Nothing concrete, of course, but that's the word received. It's something positive to think on at least ^.^

addict
addict
The male halflings do look like middle aged children.

Some younger heads and some more attention to proportions would help.

The giant hands of smaller humanoids also look distracting and well.. disturbing.

Last edited by 1varangian; 11/05/21 03:26 PM.
journeyman
Online Content
journeyman
I love Halflings but it bugs me that they are the least popular race out there for players. Nobody noticed forever that the "Lucky" attribute wasn't working. In the PHB it states that Humans, elves and Dwarves are a common site but that Dragonborn, Gnomes, Half-elves, Half-Orcs and Tieflings are considered rare and are met with at least curiosity if not suspicion, hostility (tieflings) or fear (half-orcs).

Although going by player choices it almost feels like the opposite is true. Once Dragonborn are released it will be nothing but wall-to-wall Dragonborn paladins as far as the eye can see.

Blackheifer
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard