Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
I ran my characters over from the Dragons Lair to go talk to Auntie Ethel. The game pathing took them across the bridge and down the ladder, on the way there Gale & Shadowheart both took 10-16 damage randomly while running. I talked to Rolan, then the gruel lady, and then Auntie Ethel... at some point in that chain Wyll entered a conversation that appeared to be either the stealing or attacking reaction NPCs have (no close up cam) all on his own. When I left the area my main character took 15 damage.

All three left blood spots on the ground. I haven't antagonized anyone in the game so far to have them randomly & invisibly attack me.

This is the weirdest bug I've had happen in this game so far.

J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
After posting this I went back into the game I had left running in the background. Wyll had magically picked a fight with the guard in Zevlors office (he was unselected the entire time, my character was leading), and they attacked us saying "You're looking for a fight?" with the only selection available to me being "Fight". No idea why or how.

Last edited by jinkaroo; 13/01/21 04:39 PM.
addict
addict
The damage isn't random, I believe it is trap related. My party indicated that traps were nearby, but I could not see or interact with them.

I've reloaded the save multiple times and I'll get the perception roll to see my party found traps, and each time I can't see the traps and I can't interact with them. But I'll sure take damage for taking any steps further.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
The swamp is full of spear traps: they are very well hidden and are very quick, if you exam the terrain accuratelly you'll see the holes in the terrain from where the blades (or spears) come out. Due to the fact that these are not explosive or poisonous traps it seems like party is taking seldom damage.

G
addict
addict
G
I have also taken random damage (not from traps) when walking around the grove. It's been long enough that I don't remember where exactly.

J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
The swamp is full of spear traps: they are very well hidden and are very quick, if you exam the terrain accuratelly you'll see the holes in the terrain from where the blades (or spears) come out. Due to the fact that these are not explosive or poisonous traps it seems like party is taking seldom damage.

I've been hit by those, but they have the little dice perception check failing before it happens.

This time it's not traps - this is inside the Druids Grove, steps away from the forge and where Auntie Ethel first appears near the woman handing out gruel so I know it's not trapped.
Also Wyll was going about starting fights with people just by standing near them, it was all very strange.

journeyman
journeyman
I've seen this in other areas from time to time. One of your characters will start delivering AoE damage (crates will shatter for example). Someone theorized they're in a constantly falling state. Reloading seemed to fix it for me.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by jinkaroo
This time it's not traps - this is inside the Druids Grove, steps away from the forge and where Auntie Ethel first appears near the woman handing out gruel so I know it's not trapped.
Also Wyll was going about starting fights with people just by standing near them, it was all very strange.

I've had this happen in that exact spot. Only it didn't involve a guard. What I think is happening is that your party members are being trapped up there and unable to come down for some reason. Like the pathing for them got broken and eventually the game just makes them jump down. It especially seems to happen with hunter and warlock pets. Possibly because the pets weren't set up to use ladders.

It happened to me a couple times there where my party suddenly took damage after I headed to the forge down there, and I had no idea why. Then one time I turned around in time to see my giant spider land next to other party members, and they all took damage. The same thing happened once with my hunter in the Goblin Camp. My team was up in the rafters, and came down a ladder. The spider was stuck up above, then all of a sudden he dropped on top of the rest of the group and they all took damage.

Obviously there something off with the pathing for non-selected party members. But I think the damage might be intentional. I was meaning to check it out, but then forgot till just now. I'm thinking this may be a mechanic that goes along with pushing or knocking enemies off high places. I mean we all know that you can do some serious damage to an enemy by pushing them from a high place, but I'm thinking that the point of this is that you can also use that falling enemy as a projectile against other enemies. Only like a lot of other things, it can also hurt your own party members if they are in range of the falling creature. Just like all of our other attacks can hurt our party members if you accidentally shoot them or they are in your AOE.

I can test it by ungrouping then jumping on my own party members. Then try jumping on an enemy.

And if this is the mechanic, then I don't have a problem with it. But then they should fix the pathing so that pets that can't use ladders or climb don't deliberately jump on top of other party members.

In your case did Will have a pet out at the time? I'm assuming the guard got involved because the pet (or whoever) jumped close enough to him that he took damage.

J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by David12183
In your case did Will have a pet out at the time? I'm assuming the guard got involved because the pet (or whoever) jumped close enough to him that he took damage.

Nope, no pet out

Originally Posted by Thieves Rule
I've seen this in other areas from time to time. One of your characters will start delivering AoE damage (crates will shatter for example). Someone theorized they're in a constantly falling state. Reloading seemed to fix it for me.

That makes sense... it started happening right after they all seemed to climb down a ladder but maybe it got fuddled and they all got stuck in a "falling" loop without an animation. Would explain why everyone was getting mad at Wyll when he stood close to them as well if he was causing invisible splash damage from his "falls".

addict
addict
This happened to me when I moving up the stairs. I don't know why. I thought something had fallen on me, or someone had jumped off, but no... I also want to say that there were no similar problems before fix 6

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty

Link Copied to Clipboard