Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 39 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 38 39
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Kadajko
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I want people to say after release, "Dragon Age has Morrigan, The Witcher has Yennefer, and Baldurs Gate has Minthara"

I think it's real, so Larian needs to work more on Minthara. She has a lot of potential

Those are the characters you compare her to? She is so different, atm atleast, I hope to God she has nothing in common with the other two examples.

She has nothing to do with them, she is better than them. BUT, I was referring to the category "Most Famous Female Character in the Franchise"

Originally Posted by soulstalker
I do have one question on the path to get Minthara I lost Wyll as he leaves the party during the party after defeating the druids, which was really bad for my party formation. Is there a way to keep Wyll and finish the path to get Mintharas after druids are slaughtered?

No, Will leaves in any case

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast
She has nothing to do with them, she is better than them. BUT, I was referring to the category "Most Famous Female Character in the Franchise"

Lets not pretend like It will be someone other than Shadowheart.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

If Minthara was available as a companion from the very beginning of the game, and Shadow Heart was only available during the tiffling genocide, I would argue with you. This is only 1 act, let's see what will be in the release

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast

If Minthara was available as a companion from the very beginning of the game, and Shadow Heart was only available during the tiffling genocide, I would argue with you. This is only 1 act, let's see what will be in the release

It's not about that, Shadowheart just fits more common tastes better, Minthara is more particular taste.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

It's not about that, Shadowheart just fits more common tastes better, Minthara is more particular taste.

[Linked Image from d.radikal.ru]

enthusiast
enthusiast
10/10

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I wonder if the writer who is working on Minthara is reading this topic? I wish it were true.
And all those who worked on animation, voice acting, her appearance and so on.

You're doing a good job, keep going! We love your character, you are great!

She is so sexy giving the order to feed her spiders a goblin Sazza

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
[Linked Image from d.radikal.ru]

Okey here you gave me a good laugh! Amazing meme!

And yes i kinda agree that Minthara is more particular taste! I suspect me and good OneManArmy share that taste since he chose Yennefer as best romance and that will be my same answer.

I really like how they developed her in the romance and the story show her in different lights, expecially after trying mudering you then she will try to help you despite her own safety.

So far really they just give you some extra reasons to help the goblin except immediately falling in love for her and gamble everything your life included into helping her murdering the whole druids group

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by soulstalker
I do have one question on the path to get Minthara I lost Wyll as he leaves the party during the party after defeating the druids, which was really bad for my party formation. Is there a way to keep Wyll and finish the path to get Mintharas after druids are slaughtered?

Every time this question is asked everyone always answers - no.

I don't think there is because if you remember correctly Wyll is out to destroy the Goblins not destroy the druids. So by helping Minthara you are doing the opposite of what he wants to do.

addict
addict
Just wanted to drop a +1 for OneManArmy's montage.

I had completely missed her during my playthrough (and by missed I mean that I fought her, but had no dialogue interaction whatsoever), which is a shame since I was playing a drow too and would've liked to see the interactions. Just started a new game yesterday and I'm heading to her straight away with my new Tiefling Ranger. Can't really comment much on this topic as of yet (since I've avoided spoilers as much as possible) but I'm looking forward to see what all the fuss about her is about. Will update you on my findings :P

Last edited by Malrith; 09/01/21 10:44 AM.

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Malrith
I had completely missed her during my playthrough (and by missed I mean that I fought her, but had no dialogue interaction whatsoever), which is a shame since I was playing a drow too and would've liked to see the interactions. Just started a new game yesterday and I'm heading to her straight away with my new Tiefling Ranger. Can't really comment much on this topic as of yet (since I've avoided spoilers as much as possible) but I'm looking forward to see what all the fuss about her is about. Will update you on my findings :P

Yes, that's what I was talking about.
Many players on the path of good miss such a unique experience with Minthara, and she deserves to be known to everyone.
We will wait, I hope you will love her too, and there will be more Minthara fans wink

P.S. choose dialogue with persuasion check over Ilythid's ability after party. And do not go into her fears - she very much regrets that drow society and evil Goddess forces her to kill friends and wait for a knife in the back, it is difficult for her to trust and love

enthusiast
enthusiast
@OneManArmy

Why do you like Minthara so much? What was it that hooked you?

Last edited by Kadajko; 10/01/21 12:35 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
@OneManArmy

She is evil, dominant (I even said she is a beautiful dominatrix), powerful, sexy and super charismatic. Her storyline promises to be more interesting than helping the tifflings

I love the fact that her trust is hard to win. Shadow Heart is hard to get into bed but easy to become her trusted friend - Minthara is the opposite. I will get great pleasure when she realizes that she can trust me and I will never betray her, I think she will treasure it very much.
She just be afraid to love and trust someone, to make her not be afraid and feel safe next to the Main Character is a very good goal. I think she with her character will like that I will obey her and admire her of my own free will, being at the same time strong.

I think if she understands this and allows herself to really fall in love, she will be ready to sacrifice her life for the sake of the main character, just like she tried to kill us. I think she is capable of such an heroic act. Laezel and Shadow Heart are not capable of this, for them a true friend and love will be of less value than for Minthara

If the main character is good, she can even become neutral like Viconia, she has potential. If the hero is prone to evil, that's fun too.

She, like me, dislikes Lolth and her cruelty, which makes the drow live in fear and violence, but at the same time she is cruel in herself and this is not bad. Lolth's cruelty is for everyone, Minthara's cruelty is only for minions and enemies for the sake of higher goals or personal gain. She is capable of good and feels sincere regret when the Absolute orders to kill the main character, is able to risk everything to help us and it is very easy to convince her not to kill us. This shows that kindness and the concept of honor also has a place in her soul.

It's difficult with her, but the moral reward for a successful romance with her should also be very large. I think she is very lonely and deserves happiness and love.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
@OneManArmy

@OneManArmy

For me also the voice they chose for her it’s very on spot! I really appreciate her.

Also her romance seems much more natural to me, it’s starting hard but razing down the village and help her into her goals it will help you going further on that route.
I think there are plenty to work in that romance seems I think at this stage she likes so much the Main Character mostly because he/she is carrying the “King of the Tadpoles” in his/her brain and she like us for our future power.

And I want add that after experienced Shadowheart romance I found much more satisfying the one with Minthara, because they tried to make Shadowheart reaction an “hard to get” romance.
In every single step she will antagonize you trying to peek at her truself! Come on! And please don’t always throw at me charisma check for every step I want take to work on the romance UNLESS Larian planned the Shadowheart to be the “hard to get” on purpose.

Btw to come back in topic I find Minthara will be totally used as companion and long term romance, I mean why waste so much good voice acting, sex scene and planning into that just for a secondary character that will be never be a companion??

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

Y
stranger
stranger
Y

Well seems we have another big fan of Minthara and a very hard work and detailed one. Big congratulations to him/her for all this work! Now i hope Larian Studios will take a little bit of their time fixing the whole romance scenes

veteran
veteran
Thanks for the supporting words, though I do have to be honest here; I'm not specifically a fan of Minthara - I'm interested in all aspects of the game presenting themselves well, and I'm interested in authentic depictions of the types of content they choose to represent, and when it comes to intimacy, scenes that are able to be immersive and engaging, in whatever way they ultimately decide to pitch themselves. Minthara's scenes were a perfect way to break down most of the current issues that I very much want to see rectified before they carry through to every other intimate scene and sequence as well.

On topic though (I haven't got the spare time to read through the whole thread, sorry), Minthara is definitely coded and set up to be recruitable and to potentially be a full party member in future The tell on this is a silly, simple thing: She's wearing equipment, actual in-game equipment, and when you loot it from her, she's left in her underwear; that only happens with companions or future recruitable companions. ^.^

enthusiast
enthusiast
How old do you guys think Minthara is?

200-300? 300-400?

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
@Niara oh Thank you for your honesty! I mean i understand in your post that you wasn't talking only about Minthara romance but using it as example to talk about romance and sex scene.
By the way i still appreciate very much all your hard work and research you put in your post (and in this way i could say that i appreciate seeing the pics of the female romance with Minthara, at least i avoided to reply to whole game just to see them :P)

And Thank you for confirm about Minthara being a companion i had my suspects when i murdered her (sigh i'm such a monster i know but really Larian should give some extra reasons to side with except just for the sake of burn down the whole Groove) and looting her she were naked after i looted her and an extra reason its when you use "talk with dead" on her you get a big amount of lore from her corpse.

I'm very happy she will be used as companion in the full game!

Page 9 of 39 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard