Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#751306 13/01/21 07:10 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
acatlas Offline OP
member
OP Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Actual new content is really needed for this currently I havent bothered to revisit or stream this since patch 2 because there was no content added really with patch 3 just not worth playing through when you already played through the game 9 times with 2 partial play through's. I get holding off releasing new content to the game with cyberpunk being released at that time. However were past the holidays and its long long long over due. We really havent had anything new at all added to the game and its a bit disapointing. When we have had content available in the files for a while like were long over due new classes / races / more story content items / gears there are like hundreds of areas could be improved. So far it feels the same contant was in the game day 1 as now there isnt enough of a change to warrant a replay at this point for such a good start and you got smaller studios with less of a budget showing you up on content it doesnt look good. There are so many areas for improvement it would be nice to see something added other than fixes or minor improvements to existing content. So far nothing has been released to expand from the base game which feels like a let down when your 1/3rd of the say through the games supposed live release date.

I have had very positive reviews so far and right now not very impressed we should at least be seeing some news updates leaking in currently in the new year.

Joined: Jan 2021
E
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
E
Joined: Jan 2021
+1

Joined: Nov 2020
old hand
Online Content
old hand
Joined: Nov 2020
I know it is unlikely to, but it would be nice to see vague indications of when the next update will be, something that isn't concrete but like when they drop patch 4 they can say "patch 5 might be in x weeks or so"

Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
We need a roadmap. Full price for EA is...not a practice I'll ever support again.

We need a roadmap.

Joined: Nov 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Nov 2020
I'm hoping that when they drop the next update it is in fact that an Update that not only has bug fixes but also more content as well maybe to take us to level 5 or 6 even would be nice.


@Scribe I fully agree with you I don't think that I'll ever pay full price for an EA game again

Joined: Jan 2017
G
addict
Offline
addict
G
Joined: Jan 2017
Keep in mind, we are testing; this isn't a finished game. This phase of game design isn't about them showing us what we want to see - it's about us running through what they want tested and giving feedback. Getting the fundamental building blocks right (at which I would say they are currently failing in numerous ways) is pretty important to nail before you start worrying about more content. By limiting the scope of what content we can see, there is less for them to have to rewrite every time they change the basic elements of gameplay.

Would I like to see more content? Eventually, sure. But I don't think that's where they should be focusing their attention right now. Maybe more classes, since some of the bigger issues that are being reported speak directly to class balance; but I think a lot of those issues can be anticipated and addressed without necessarily having to actually play with new classes right now.

Testing is totally voluntary. If you're interested in working on fundamentals, dig in - that's what needs attention right now. If you're not, step away for a while and come back when they release an update that interests you. If that model bothers you, maybe EA isn't for you.

Joined: Jun 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jun 2020
I'm not expecting that we will get any more content at all throughout the EA; we will have this, Act 1, and that is all. That's what they're told us, I'm fairly sure (I don't have a quote, sorry), and it would be a bad idea for them to backtrack on that and show us more game, rather than spending their time and effort getting all of the issues that are currently problems, sorted out. We're not here to 'play the game early'; we're here to test and the give feedback, and generally to help them with our time and data, for free, because we want the game to be polished when it does come out in full.

I would absolutely support a roadmap, and more active communication form Larian about all aspects of this EA; both are fundamental to helping us help them.

Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by grysqrl
Keep in mind, we are testing; this isn't a finished game. This phase of game design isn't about them showing us what we want to see - it's about us running through what they want tested and giving feedback. Getting the fundamental building blocks right (at which I would say they are currently failing in numerous ways) is pretty important to nail before you start worrying about more content. By limiting the scope of what content we can see, there is less for them to have to rewrite every time they change the basic elements of gameplay.

Would I like to see more content? Eventually, sure. But I don't think that's where they should be focusing their attention right now. Maybe more classes, since some of the bigger issues that are being reported speak directly to class balance; but I think a lot of those issues can be anticipated and addressed without necessarily having to actually play with new classes right now.

Testing is totally voluntary. If you're interested in working on fundamentals, dig in - that's what needs attention right now. If you're not, step away for a while and come back when they release an update that interests you. If that model bothers you, maybe EA isn't for you.


Yeah good points!

Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by grysqrl
Keep in mind, we are testing; this isn't a finished game. This phase of game design isn't about them showing us what we want to see - it's about us running through what they want tested and giving feedback. Getting the fundamental building blocks right (at which I would say they are currently failing in numerous ways) is pretty important to nail before you start worrying about more content. By limiting the scope of what content we can see, there is less for them to have to rewrite every time they change the basic elements of gameplay.

Would I like to see more content? Eventually, sure. But I don't think that's where they should be focusing their attention right now. Maybe more classes, since some of the bigger issues that are being reported speak directly to class balance; but I think a lot of those issues can be anticipated and addressed without necessarily having to actually play with new classes right now.

Testing is totally voluntary. If you're interested in working on fundamentals, dig in - that's what needs attention right now. If you're not, step away for a while and come back when they release an update that interests you. If that model bothers you, maybe EA isn't for you.

Yes, the EA model comically is having your user base become testers who have PAID YOU (in this case a full AAA price point) for the privilege of being a beta tester.

That's frankly unreal. I got sucked in by 2 things.

1. The Name.
2. A good search showing it was 'released' in October.

My bad, my poor research. I own it 100%.

We absolutely should be getting MEANINGFUL feedback around here, and a content roadmap.

Race options?
Classes?
Subclasses?
Model updates?
Spells?

That doesn't even touch the big one. Rules implementation.

It's actually comical to me that EA is even a thing, but hey, I'm the sucker that paid full price to beta test. :p

Last edited by Scribe; 14/01/21 12:08 AM.
Niara #751382 14/01/21 12:12 AM
Joined: Nov 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by Niara
I'm not expecting that we will get any more content at all throughout the EA; we will have this, Act 1, and that is all. That's what they're told us, I'm fairly sure (I don't have a quote, sorry), and it would be a bad idea for them to backtrack on that and show us more game, rather than spending their time and effort getting all of the issues that are currently problems, sorted out. We're not here to 'play the game early'; we're here to test and the give feedback, and generally to help them with our time and data, for free, because we want the game to be polished when it does come out in full.

I would absolutely support a roadmap, and more active communication form Larian about all aspects of this EA; both are fundamental to helping us help them.


I've never seen anything posted that we would only see act 1 in the EA I do remember seeing that there would be bug fixes and game content added until the game was completed in a year. or so. If I knew that it wasn't' true I probably would have thought twice about an EA game

Joined: Jun 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jun 2020
I don't know for certain, that's just in my mind as information that we have. I could be mistaken. Someone who is more certain may well correct me.

Joined: Apr 2020
Location: Boston , MA
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Apr 2020
Location: Boston , MA
People don't learn what pressing developers do.

It is on the Steam official page the content will be Act 1 only through EA. We will get classes and that's all.

Let them finish the game.

Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
People don't learn what pressing developers do.

It is on the Steam official page the content will be Act 1 only through EA. We will get classes and that's all.

Let them finish the game.

When?

Joined: Nov 2020
R
stranger
Offline
stranger
R
Joined: Nov 2020
I would be ok with giving us access to some of the other classes (without having to use a Mod which may or may not be an accurate representation of the class) or give us the ability to multiclass. Yes I would of course like more content but giving us access to more of the classes and or the ability to do multiclassing would also allow for testing in other ways than we have available presently without compromising more of the story.

Joined: Mar 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
People don't learn what pressing developers do.

It is on the Steam official page the content will be Act 1 only through EA. We will get classes and that's all.

Let them finish the game.

I largely agree that we don't want to push for an early release. If it takes 2 years to create successor the best RPG ever made, it does. But:

1) dataminers have told us that there is a 1a and 1b. So I'm expecting 1b at some point
2) I think they should revisit the decision to only release 1. I enjoyed Arx in DOS2 but apparently that's only because I came to the game late -- apparently they needed to revise Arx after release. It would be better if they didn't repeat that.
3) they want to keep us playing. I've almost exhausted my ability to replay the same areas . . .

Joined: Oct 2020
E
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
E
Joined: Oct 2020
I don't get why people keep bringing up the $60 for EA thing. For one thing, they were very upfront about it being EA. For another thing, you haven't even been swindled out of anything. You preordered the game. You own it. When the game releases, you won't have to spend another cent to play it.

Until it releases, you get to take what's ready to play, out for a test drive. If you aren't enjoying what's currently ready, you can give constructive feedback to help Larian fix it or make it better; or you can even just forget about the game and come back when it releases.

Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by Evandir
I don't get why people keep bringing up the $60 for EA thing. For one thing, they were very upfront about it being EA. For another thing, you haven't even been swindled out of anything. You preordered the game. You own it. When the game releases, you won't have to spend another cent to play it.

Until it releases, you get to take what's ready to play, out for a test drive. If you aren't enjoying what's currently ready, you can give constructive feedback to help Larian fix it or make it better; or you can even just forget about the game and come back when it releases.

You used to get beta's for free. wink

Joined: Nov 2020
old hand
Online Content
old hand
Joined: Nov 2020
I think this case the EA is fine because they were upfront about everything, if they hid that the game was incomplete it would be bad.
but I think the EA should be extended to 2 years or so and involve us in more than just act 1

Joined: Jan 2021
H
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
H
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
I think this case the EA is fine because they were upfront about everything, if they hid that the game was incomplete it would be bad.
but I think the EA should be extended to 2 years or so and involve us in more than just act 1
I doubt it would be good to do it. You already see how impatient people are with patch when it's like a year or so. Make it too early would mean that the game become even more buggy and unfinished, making it even less playable for some. There are game breaking bugs and crashes when the game first released already. Plus, the long duration of EA vs full game would create a cool down and decrease the hype when the full game comes around. It's fine as it is for me. EA shouldn't be too long.

Joined: Jan 2017
G
addict
Offline
addict
G
Joined: Jan 2017
I do think that sharing a roadmap and details about "here's what we're testing right now, in particular" might help to set expectations of testers a little better.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5