Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
addict
addict
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
People don't learn what pressing developers do.

It is on the Steam official page the content will be Act 1 only through EA. We will get classes and that's all.

Let them finish the game.

I largely agree that we don't want to push for an early release. If it takes 2 years to create successor the best RPG ever made, it does. But:

1) dataminers have told us that there is a 1a and 1b. So I'm expecting 1b at some point
2) I think they should revisit the decision to only release 1. I enjoyed Arx in DOS2 but apparently that's only because I came to the game late -- apparently they needed to revise Arx after release. It would be better if they didn't repeat that.
3) they want to keep us playing. I've almost exhausted my ability to replay the same areas . . .

If they release the whole game at EA it will be even longer to address all feedback. Plus, the pressure to keep adding content by players will be the same. Will keep asking for DLCs, complaining there is no reason to play the full game at final release etc....

I think they have enough material for now and I really hope they keep what they said.

acatlas Offline OP
OP Offline
It would be nice to have access to more of the classes and maybe a few extra levels in early access as well as races they had said we would be getting more content after the holidays in the prior patch which had expectations of classes and stuff being added so right now feels like were far behind. the original indication as well was there was alot to be added through out early access. So far there has been nothing added just like a demo of the game released. Early access indicates we are getting access and testing the content as it is released. But road maps like with dates even if they are pushed back would be nice. Companies do that frequently where they are like we dont want to provide dates cause the community will be upset if we cannot make that date. Personally Id rather hear hey we plan to release this on Febuary 2nd. They get to the 1st they realize they cant make the deadline. Hey guys sorry we have problems with releasing the barbarian class we have been running into some issues with a b c we will be another week or 2 before release as we do not want to release a product that is not functional or may impact your play. We thank you for your patience. We are also working on a release for the sorcerer which will be closer to march 29th. Lil things like that show a big difference and commitment to the community. It is nice seeing that stuff it was also nice seeing the demos for the content from the studio a little prior to it coming to us so we had something to look forward to like prior to the content release even when it is buggy. It was like a little teaser.

S
addict
addict
S
All the Classes.
All the Races.

At that point I would like to see them correct some of the issues within the implementation of the rules, and allow for Buffs/Debuffs and such to be reviewed in that light.

I dont need to see every sub-class, or race variant, but some feedback being implemented would go a long way.

veteran
veteran
I'll be glad if patch 4 introduce new items and if combats are reworked.

I'd definitely play the game again without all those highground/backstab advantages, without the need of always jump/disengage and a better D&D implementation.
A few new actions would be cool too (ready, dodge).

Last edited by Maximuuus; 15/01/21 07:13 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
E
E
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
I'll be glad if patch 4 introduce new items and if combats are reworked.

I'd definitely play the game again without all those highground/backstab advantages, without the need of always jump/disengage and a better D&D implementation.
A few new actions would be cool too (ready, dodge).

That's something a single patch can't "fix"

veteran
veteran
Same s**t as last time ...
"I wanted to make money on streaming your game, but people are bored looking at my streams now ... create something new so i can start making money again without need to make any effort of my own." -_-

Funny that some streamers like Wolfheart are still interesting, even if there is no new content ... coincidence? I think not!

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/01/21 07:23 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
M
M
+1 waiting for combat rule tweaks, i would definitely replay/test the whole thing with revised action economy (already mentioned things like jump/disengage, swapping weapons and digging in inventory, hiding, shoving) and maybe some extra actions (ready, dodge, new reactions). Not expecting all of these implemented at once but a start and some kind of info which direction they want to go with these (i would be perfectly okay if rules could be altered by some toggles on a difficulty panel to satisfy both hardcore players and players who mostly play for the story).

addict
addict
You guys... Give them time.

I think I've already written about this somewhere, but I'm only waiting for fixes. The last patch, unfortunately, broke a lot of things.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
It is now 'after the holidays' for most people I know...so some official news about Patch 4 and what it contains would be good. I have no desire to play through again until they fix their rules implementation at least (or the worst parts of it) and provide a level bump and more classes. I am resigned to what we have seen as being all of Act I (unless someone knows otherwise - which is disappointing), so I assume new quests/world content won't be arriving. It would be nice to see some response to the many many issues people have raised about the game rules systems, controls, UI etc - Solasta (yes, I said it again wink issues regular updates for their EA and justifies every little change (explains why they can/can't do things) and actually provides feedback on user suggesions (many of which they have implemented). That's real community engagement and transparency. Even though I'm disappointed at some things they can't provide, that is outweighed by these other aspects.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Same s**t as last time ...
"I wanted to make money on streaming your game, but people are bored looking at my streams now ... create something new so i can start making money again without need to make any effort of my own." -_-

Funny that some streamers like Wolfheart are still interesting, even if there is no new content ... coincidence? I think not!

Uh, I love Wolfheart, how he brings in a lot of lore as background for his videos. His Lae'zel video is basically a githyanki crash course, for example. He reminds me a bit of Outstar, who does the same with Vampire Bloodlines and WoD lore. Those kind of videos never get boring.

As for the topic: I don't need more story atm, I think, they should rather adress the bugs and glitches. What I do want to try are new classes, druid and bard for example. I think the druids must already be implemented, because of the npcs. Probably the same with bards (Alfira) and paladins (Karlach and the one guy from the party that hunts her).

Last edited by fylimar; 15/01/21 12:53 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
I have a feeling.
In a few minutes the patch will be online.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
stranger
stranger
I have a feeling.

The big question then, character purge again?

journeyman
journeyman
I have a feeling.

I believe Patch days have historically been Tuesdays. But we could be surprised.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by flick40
I have a feeling.

I believe Patch days have historically been Tuesdays. But we could be surprised.

Tuesday, wednesday and friday. I checked earlier.
But now it's too late. Larian's employees are at home for the weekend.

My cristal ball is broken.

veteran
Online Content
veteran

I don't believe you nailed the prediction, anyway, but about being "too late" as far as I remember they always released their patches around 19:00 (or 7pm, if you prefer).

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Tuco #751706 15/01/21 07:11 PM
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Tuco

I don't believe you nailed the prediction, anyway, but about being "too late" as far as I remember they always released their patches around 19:00 (or 7pm, if you prefer).

What timezone are you going by on that 19:00?

E
E
Originally Posted by Evandir

I guess CEST, since that's Valve update time in CEST.

veteran
veteran
I'm guessing sometime in early February. I think steam first updated around the 4th -- meaning the employees got a Xmas break and so it's only been a few a weeks of work time since the last patch dropped.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Evandir

Oh yeah, I sort of forgot to mention the reference point.
Yes, I was going by Central Europe Time +1 (Rome, Paris, etc).

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
Uh, I love Wolfheart, how he brings in a lot of lore as background for his videos. His Lae'zel video is basically a githyanki crash course, for example.
Exactly my point ... he is living proof that you can even now create interesting gameplays without next patch content.

He reminds me a bit of Outstar, who does the same with Vampire Bloodlines and WoD lore.
Yeah, loved her ... back in the days she was releasing regulary.
Then they hired her ... and it was end. frown

It seem funny when i see pople here complaining about Larian being "not transparent enough" ... and then i return to Bloodlines forum, where we didnt get even single update for more than half year. laugh

As for the topic: I don't need more story atm, I think, they should rather adress the bugs and glitches. What I do want to try are new classes, druid and bard for example. I think the druids must already be implemented, because of the npcs. Probably the same with bards (Alfira) and paladins (Karlach and the one guy from the party that hunts her).
As i allready said elsewhere, i believe that is right thing to do ...
First repair what you allready have ...
Then repair what your first repair broke ... (repeat few times probably laugh )
Then add another things to existing and at least somehow working world ...
And then, only then ... there is right time to expand that world.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard