Next Thread
Print Thread
#751578 14/01/21 11:17 PM
R
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
There are two characters I know of who carry hidden items that can be stolen but are never traded (below). The second one also doesn't show up on the corpse; I haven't tried that for the first one. Does anyone know of others?

Volo carries the Ersatz Eye, which has quite a major effect: Ersatz Eye effect

Auntie Ethyl carries Poisonous Slime Bomb (equivalent to poison bottles) and Flammable Slime Bomb (equivalent to alchemist's fire with a larger area). Nothing groundbreaking, but at least interesting. Warning: she is the most dangerous character to steal from - even with 18 DEX, Guidance, and the Smuggler's Ring, I can't get the pickpocket chance below about 10 with her, on any item.

There are also multiple enemies that show weapons in their hands but you can't loot the weapons from them. Has anyone tried in-combat theft to try to grab those?

Last edited by RBarbare; 15/01/21 12:18 AM.
You can
steal or buy the Hellriders gloves off Zevlor right from the first time you talk to him after the gate fight.Not quite hidden but you don't have to kill him or the goblins to get them.

R
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
@BraveSirRobin

I always get those - those are useful. I was more wondering about items that never came up for sale or showed on the corpse and only showed up when stealing.

[edit] You can get the keys to chests and doors by pickpocketing, but that isn't what I am looking for because they drop on death anyway. [/edit]

Last edited by RBarbare; 16/01/21 06:44 PM. Reason: clarification
O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Hmmmm I wonder if it is possible to steal the Shattered Flail from the Flind before combat and get an UN-Shattered Flail full version. Looks like I have something to try next time I start a new game. You can see the flail's flanges when the Flind attacks and it would be kewl to have that animation when one of the player's toons use it.

Link Copied to Clipboard