Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#751944 17/01/21 02:02 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Possible to kill her at level 3 before she summons a guards?

stranger
stranger
I have done that. I stole all the smokeless powder and then threw them in her direction. I think it took 4 of them and the other goblins didn't do anything.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
I cast silence in the area before the encounter and made sure it was still working, but she still summoned the guards. It's a scripted event, even though Silence really should work. Then I went back and tried Hold Person and she still summoned the guards.

On the smokepowder barrels: breaking them and lighting them does some damage, but the real damage occurs if you hit an unopened barrel with flame. Two of them will take out any of the goblin leaders, Gut included. You can drop them ahead of time for Gut: wait for the wandering goblin to go elsewhere, pick the room lock, and drop the barrels. When you are in the room with her, don't even initiate combat, just flame them.

veteran
veteran
If you really want to be sure, you can just bring your whole party into the room after you've gotten past the dialogue point where she checks - she doesn't care after that. Generally, the easiest way is to go in with the talking character, let her close and lock the door, then have the rest of your party jump across the broken wall section, into her area. They can all sneak right up to her and wait until you finish the dialogue and start the combat encounter. Save before you talk, and just make sure you get enough people with an initiative roll ahead of her to drop her before she gets a turn; that would be the 'smooth and in-game' way to do it, without skipping dialogue scenes or barrel-bombing the place.

RBarbare #752038 18/01/21 05:00 AM
Originally Posted by RBarbare
I cast silence in the area before the encounter and made sure it was still working, but she still summoned the guards. It's a scripted event, even though Silence really should work.

Silence (currently) does not work like that.
It seems it only prevents spell casting, but does not mute every sound in it's area of effect, which is a pity.

journeyman
journeyman
It's possible, and quite straightforward. The trick for the goblin encampment is
Clear the various groups of Goblins, etc. piecemeal, my usual indoors sequence is entry hall, torturer, (optional priest}, anteroom to Halsin area, novices, two groups near pit, merchant & guards - don't forget to destroy the drums right off or beforehand where you can. Then Gut can shout all she wants, there's no-one nearby to help

Link Copied to Clipboard