Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I want to spend my extra gold on luxurious gifts for Minthara to see her reaction and admiration, some wine and blood goblet for Astarion, perhaps his portrait or statue from the artist. Flowers and wine for Shadow Heart, and so on. Also I want to give Laezel a dragon egg.
Need dialogues for every gift

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I thik i have seen simmilar post around here somewhere ...

Oh yes, its was also your topic ... how surpsising. -_-
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=743356

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/01/21 07:27 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Oh, look, it's OneManArmy once again under the delusion that this is supposed to be first and foremost a dating sim/kink-simulator.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
E
E
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I want to spend my extra gold on luxurious gifts for Minthara to see her reaction and admiration, some wine and blood goblet for Astarion, perhaps his portrait or statue from the artist. Flowers and wine for Shadow Heart, and so on. Also I want to give Laezel a dragon egg.
Need dialogues for every gift

This isn't a JRPG or Story of Seasons type of game

veteran
veteran
I always thought, you could give Wylls eye to him. Since it seems to be magical preserved, I thought, it might lead to a questline, where he can restore his eye. Or, if you successfully identify Shadowhearts mysterious artefact as githyanki, steal it from her and give it to Lae'zel, who in turn might use it to overthrow that githyanki commander, whom she said is acting against Vlaakith.
I don't know - something meaningful for new questlines, not mandatory, but nice to do.
I don't want a gift dump for the sake of raising companions approval - that always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited by fylimar; 15/01/21 09:37 AM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman
If each companion would have a gift/gift system, that would mean that more dev-time would need to go into each companion. Which leads to ultimately getting less companions overall as they require even more work than they already do with the strange origin system that current ones have right now.

addict
addict
Well you can give gifts to Gale you know...

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
old hand
old hand
The suggestion of gifts reminds me of Dragon Age Origins, and gifts kinda trivialized that approval system to where it might as well not existed.

Though I think we should be allowed to give certain items to companions that are relevant to them, like Wyll's eye. Some gifts and some more quest/story related. But not as an entire system where you gift tons of gifts to raise approval.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 15/01/21 08:55 PM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
nope.

E
E
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
The suggestion of gifts reminds me of Dragon Age Origins, and gifts kinda trivialized that approval system to where it might as well not existed.

Though I think we should be allowed to give certain items to companions that are relevant to them, like Wyll's eye. Some gifts and some more quest/story related. But not as an entire system where you gift tons of gifts to raise approval.

I think this system steams from JRPGs, they are very simple in that regard.

old hand
old hand
Yeah relevant and more deep/profound things that tie in with storylines rather than just "giving gifts to increase approval", honestly.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
Yeah relevant and more deep/profound things that tie in with storylines rather than just "giving gifts to increase approval", honestly.
This is what I meant. Gifts must be unique and deeply crafted, not as done in Dragon Age

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Banned
Banned
Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition actually removed the cheap 'approval farming' gifts actually, and just kept the meaningful ones.

Also, actually, after having replayed Origins recentely i noticed the game pretty much allows to get max approval with everyone but Wynne and Zevran even completely forgoing the non-story relevant gifts. It's pretty cool.

Last edited by Innateagle; 16/01/21 01:18 PM.
addict
addict
Oh wow, they're still letting these cringe posts happen? The guy has been playing out his kinks for months under the guise of actual contributions and these forums serve to enable him. But to be on topic, no, I don't need some dumb arbitrary system to further improve how pixels perceive me in order to cater to my fetishes. But we're all aware that these aren't even actually suggestions from OP at this point.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
Oh wow, they're still letting these cringe posts happen? The guy has been playing out his kinks for months under the guise of actual contributions and these forums serve to enable him.

There's absolutely no excuse for insulting other forum members. The next time you do so you will be having some time out.

J'aime le fromage.
H
journeyman
journeyman
H
TBH, it reminds me of the DAO system where there are some significant gifts. It's not essential. If it's there, it's there for me.

eoz Offline
stranger
stranger
i agree id like to do this also please they could have about 5 items or maybe four per place diffrent things for companions with there name on them like gale like this or Mithra or others this is super idea and it be cool to gift blood to astarion in bottle lol or go to place and get him a magic mirror lol so he can see himself it be so dam cute also other things like pets for people maybe like gale or ... somthing

stranger
stranger
To be fair such a mechanic in BG3 wouldn't be unprecendented, considering you can already gift Shadowheart a nigth orchid.

Last edited by KuroE; 03/10/23 05:13 PM.
eoz Offline
stranger
stranger
nothing is never impossible thou lol

journeyman
journeyman
Shart can already be given a flower and a Statue.
Plus plenty of weapons and armor and jewellry you gift to your companions through the game as well as clothes if you wish.
It would be cool if they said "fk yeah I like this new sword" or something but I can live without it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard