Print Thread
Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Originally Posted by Starshine
I feel once we're meeting people who haven't just been in a crashed spaceship and found a tadpole in their heads, we'll get companions who aren't as stressed and hostile off the bat
Once we hit towns there should be adventurers who want to sign up, because theyre adventurers or to do a quest not all high stakes

I'm afraid that the origin characters are essentially the protagonists of the game though. It never felt like my custom character was actually the main character. Maybe i'm just weird lol.

I’ve come to the conclusion a huge portion of their resources were used on voice acting and graphics. You can see it in EA. Unfortunately I don’t think Larian put the same effort on the game itself. It’s why they just copy pasted DOS combat.

S
addict
addict
S
Honestly, I want a Korgan, Edwin, and Viconia. Ive found over the decades, those 3 are central to my experience of the story, every time.

E
addict
addict
E
Originally Posted by TheFoxWhisperer
This sums it up well, the main character you make feels less "special" than the origin characters. They all have their own epic backstory (which feels ridiculous for level 1 characters but that is a different issue altogether) while the main character feels like just some guy/girl. It almost seems as if you are meant to play as an origin character, rather than go for the custom character (Divinity Original Sin 2 had this as well, really)

I prefer that blank slate and starting from humble beginnings, but the origin characters not following that formula does feel kind of weird, too. And also why origin characters are kind of a poor idea for a game like this in my opinion. I guess the argument is that it adds replay value, but that would have been there anyway if the focus was instead on deeper backgrounds/storypaths for the main character. (less focus on making handful of characters origin characters would also mean we could have had more companions, as the companions would require less individual work).

But, it is as it is, and I doubt it will change (if nothing else I sort of expect Larian to release even more origin characters at one point or another)

I couldn't agree more. Really not a fan of this Origins mechanics at all and seems to go against everything that previous BG games were. I don't want to play someone else's vision for a character with a preconceived backstory, I want to carve my own path, within the limitations of the story arc of the game itself. Already the main PC is said to be a Baldurian (for most of the available races) so the option of making your own backstory is already taken away from you, in some respect.

To get back to the original post, I just want to see some grown up characters in the game.

stranger
stranger
Needs an interesting Tiefling character.

No more mean, hyper-aggressive Lae'zels, though. I like that she's in the game, but one is enough.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Bring back Minsc the Range with his Miniature Giant Space Hamster Boo they were in the last two games

Originally Posted by Cloverhoofs
Bring back Minsc the Range with his Miniature Giant Space Hamster Boo they were in the last two games
You're actually wicked lucky. Dataminers found some stuff referencing him as a companion in the files. You, at least, get what you want.
Originally Posted by VioletGrey
Needs an interesting Tiefling character.

No more mean, hyper-aggressive Lae'zels, though. I like that she's in the game, but one is enough.
Again, you're lucky too. Datamined companions are... pretty much these two requests. Spot on, fellows!

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
A
stranger
stranger
A
I'd like to have the heroes of the BG3 prequel (from the Infernal Tides comic) join the party. Minsc was one of them after all and Nerys Kathon in particular seems to be a super awesome and interesting character.

[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

Last edited by Amitaya; 18/01/21 06:55 PM.
Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard