Next Thread
Print Thread
G
grysqrl Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
I'm fairly displeased with many of the interface points in this game. Moving things in and out of inventory is a pain. Dealing with the chain thing to manage group composition is really awkward. I would love to see these things fixed, but I feel like there is a single thing that exacerbates the faults of all of these annoying systems: there seems to be a minimum amount of time that I have to hold the mouse button down in order for the game to register that I'm trying to click something, and it's too long right now.

In practical terms, this means that if I'm trying to drag something from one place to another (e.g. moving things in inventory or moving crates around in the world), if I click and start dragging the thing away, the cursor is usually not over the thing that I want to move when the game finally decides that it should pick up the thing under the cursor. This results in either doing nothing at all, moving the wrong thing, or causing my character to walk somewhere that I didn't want them to go. Similarly, when I click on a portrait at the bottom of the screen to change who I'm controlling, it usually does nothing - I have to click and hold for it to work.

These are just a few examples, but I feel like this issue pervades the entire game experience and it's pretty frustrating. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a setting I'm missing that lets you adjust this?

addict
addict
Selling items to vendors can be cumbersome. Literally, selling all the loot after taking care of the goblin camp took forever. We really need a way to "click all" for certain items in the inventory. Or anything else that can improve inventory management.

G
grysqrl Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
Selling items to vendors can be cumbersome. Literally, selling all the loot after taking care of the goblin camp took forever. We really need a way to "click all" for certain items in the inventory. Or anything else that can improve inventory management.
I mean, I agree, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how long you have to hold down the mouse button before the game recognizes that you're clicking.

veteran
veteran
Yes you are correct about the cursor clicks.

Its not you, its the game.

When interracting with UI elements every other mouse click hangs, which makes dealing with the inventory, chains, and all the rest very frustrating. Requiring harder clicks or more clicks to correct for the game's lack of responsiveness compounds the feeling of not being in control, or of the game just being on the fritz.

I also tried to jerk around in the options to see if it was a setting but found nothing.

Its not an isolated annoyance, like needing to double click/confirm to cast a buff spell on yourself (even if self target is the only viable option for the spell), since this actually pervades the whole experience and almost every interaction with the interface. Any time you have to select or move something in your inventory, change equipment, drink a potion, set up a spell in the hotbar, issue attacks or movement commands, or just selecting the character you want to control.

I agree, the click time threshold puts a big blinding spotlight on anything that might already feel off about the UI or control scheme, since half the time the click doesn't register.

S
addict
addict
S
I can also confirm clicks are unresponsive in random occasions. Sometimes it’s quick and smooth, other times they don’t register.

This is obviously a top priority and I hope Larian is aware.

Link Copied to Clipboard