Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Joined: Oct 2020
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by booboo
Reactions are a core part of 5E - so people want them done properly. Adds a lot of tactical versatility - if Larian consider it a work in progress, it's going to change, which is good. Hopefully in a way that allows greater control for those who want it - or an auto mode for those who don't.


Yup!

Joined: Apr 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Apr 2020
Absolutely

Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by marajango
If you are afraid of change because the end result might turn out worse than you had hoped for, then I would advise you to copy the current EA version of the game to an offline environment and keep it there and never update the game ever again.
Or ... you can use mod, its quite the same situation, just turned around. laugh

Mods is the stupidest solution / answer when we're talking about important things that could totally change the experience.
Mods can't properly implement everything and mods are usually only available for PC.

But don't be embarrased... Even Sven use this shitty argument... (For the party of 6)

BG3 doesn't deserve to become like Mount and Blade 2. The modding community shouldn't work to finish games.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 19/01/21 12:30 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Yeah mods are a "slap on" solution I sincerely hope we can mostly do without.

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by marajango
If you are afraid of change because the end result might turn out worse than you had hoped for, then I would advise you to copy the current EA version of the game to an offline environment and keep it there and never update the game ever again.
Or ... you can use mod, its quite the same situation, just turned around. laugh

Mods is the stupidest solution / answer when we're talking about important things that could totally change the experience.
Mods can't properly implement everything and mods are usually only available for PC.

But don't be embarrased... Even Sven use this shitty argument... (For the party of 6)

BG3 doesn't deserve to become like Mount and Blade 2. The modding community shouldn't work to finish games.

Agreed. If this follows the DOS2 trajectory, the best mods will (kind of) end up on other platforms… but as gift bags. But I would much prefer the core game was right first, without resorting to drip-feeding fixes.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by marajango
If you are afraid of change because the end result might turn out worse than you had hoped for, then I would advise you to copy the current EA version of the game to an offline environment and keep it there and never update the game ever again.
Or ... you can use mod, its quite the same situation, just turned around. laugh

Mods is the stupidest solution / answer when we're talking about important things that could totally change the experience.
Mods can't properly implement everything and mods are usually only available for PC.

But don't be embarrased... Even Sven use this shitty argument... (For the party of 6)

BG3 doesn't deserve to become like Mount and Blade 2. The modding community shouldn't work to finish games.
Cute ... first please bother to read it whole, then we can talk.


I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Nov 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by marajango
If you are afraid of change because the end result might turn out worse than you had hoped for, then I would advise you to copy the current EA version of the game to an offline environment and keep it there and never update the game ever again.
Or ... you can use mod, its quite the same situation, just turned around. laugh

Mods is the stupidest solution / answer when we're talking about important things that could totally change the experience.
Mods can't properly implement everything and mods are usually only available for PC.

But don't be embarrased... Even Sven use this shitty argument... (For the party of 6)

BG3 doesn't deserve to become like Mount and Blade 2. The modding community shouldn't work to finish games.
Cute ... first please bother to read it whole, then we can talk.


Err, your solution is to use mods, your point is quite clear.
But we are asking for a game to address the problems sometime in development so that mods do not have to be a solution. This is an EA forum for us to give our feedback, in other words, the point of EA is for us to influence how this game turns out. If the solution to every issue we have is mods then there would have been no point to EA, they wouldn't have wanted nor needed us and the game would have come out 2021-2022 completely without our input. But they released it as an EA title and asked us for our feedback, and so far a large amount of people are giving the feedback that the reaction system needs to be updated, either entirely or with optional features. And some people's feedback is that it is fine the way it is. Yours is that it is fine and mods will solve any issue, but that does not really give insight into the issue and feels more like a non-solution even though it is in the latter camp. Mods are meant to come after a game comes out and add extra player made content, but if a mod is required for the experience to be what was intended then that looks poorly upon the game. BG3 is supposed to be a transference of 5e to a video game with some changes to make it better for a better gaming experience. As such, I argue that resorting to mods is not within that goal and updating reactions to better fit that goal is best.

This is not meant to be confrontational and I am sorry if it turned out to be so.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Ok, i see that asking to read was too dificiult ... i try to put it simplier:
If you bother to see what im i reacting at, you can see that original poster sugested me to:
"copy the current EA version of the game to an offline environment"
I hope like this it will be noticeble enough ...

THEREFORE here come my reaction with mods, that is just telling that its same attitude ...
If i should "copy the current EA version of the game to an offline environment" ... to dont get the change i dont want.
They shoud "use mods" ... to get the change they want.

Same story, turned around, nothing more.
So all your etical talks about why "use mods" its not relevant reaction is not relevant to curent situation. -_-

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 20/01/21 09:28 AM.

I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Duchess of Gorgombert
Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Ok, i see that asking to read was too dificiult ... i try to put it simplier:
If you bother to see what im i reacting at, you can see that original poster sugested me to:
"copy the current EA version of the game to an offline environment"
I hope like this it will be noticeble enough ...

THEREFORE here come my reaction with mods, that is just telling that its same attitude ...
If i should "copy the current EA version of the game to an offline environment" ... to dont get the change i dont want.
They shoud "use mods" ... to get the change they want.

Same story, turned around, nothing more.
So all your etical talks about why "use mods" its not relevant reaction is not relevant to curent situation. -_-

Tone it down a bit, please. And you've made your point, you don't need to keep restating it.


J'aime le fromage.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by vometia
you don't need to keep restating it.
I hope so ...
Sadly when reaction to your point is ignoring it and repeating the same satement that caused your point ... its kinda hard to believe that. :-/


I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Dec 2020
B
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
B
Joined: Dec 2020
You should know by now that everyone has an opinion - this is the internet. No one needs to accept yours, and you don't need to accept theirs. In the end, we don't know what Larian will implement - but we'll find out as the months go by. I for one am curious to see how much feedbacl they take on board - perhaps I'm wrong and they are patrolling the forums and discreetly listening to the many suggestions - that would be good. So far they have removed elemental effects from cantrip , which was a good move back towards 5E - hopefully more of that is waiting in the next patch.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
I never forced anyone to accept my opinion in my whole life. O_o
So ... im good. :P


I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Id go a bit further and merge Solasta system with BG3.
The Solasta team is in France I think, pretty close to Larian's offices wink BG3 has got the graphics/cinematics and story while Solasta takes care of the mechanics and gameplay.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 21/01/21 03:10 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Id go a bit further and merge Solasta system with BG3.
The Solasta team is in France I think, pretty close to Larian's offices wink BG3 has got the graphics/cinematics and story while Solasta takes care of the mechanics and gameplay.

... not too bad of an idea wink

Joined: Nov 2020
Location: Austria
member
Offline
member
Joined: Nov 2020
Location: Austria
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Id go a bit further and merge Solasta system with BG3.
The Solasta team is in France I think, pretty close to Larian's offices wink BG3 has got the graphics/cinematics and story while Solasta takes care of the mechanics and gameplay.

Haha, yes 😁
+1

Joined: Nov 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Ok, i see that asking to read was too dificiult ... i try to put it simplier:
If you bother to see what im i reacting at, you can see that original poster sugested me to:
"copy the current EA version of the game to an offline environment"
I hope like this it will be noticeble enough ...

THEREFORE here come my reaction with mods, that is just telling that its same attitude ...
If i should "copy the current EA version of the game to an offline environment" ... to dont get the change i dont want.
They shoud "use mods" ... to get the change they want.

Same story, turned around, nothing more.
So all your etical talks about why "use mods" its not relevant reaction is not relevant to curent situation. -_-

I thought you meant read your response and not what it was a reaction to, and therefor constructed my response to yours. I apologize for my lack of tact and perception to the conversation at hand.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
I apologize for my lack of tact and perception to the conversation at hand.
Nae bother ... i should probably do that too. :-/
So i shall ... i also apologize.


I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Id go a bit further and merge Solasta system with BG3.
The Solasta team is in France I think, pretty close to Larian's offices wink BG3 has got the graphics/cinematics and story while Solasta takes care of the mechanics and gameplay.

If Larian handled the writing I'd agree to this.

Joined: Mar 2020
Location: Belfast
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Mar 2020
Location: Belfast
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Id go a bit further and merge Solasta system with BG3.
The Solasta team is in France I think, pretty close to Larian's offices wink BG3 has got the graphics/cinematics and story while Solasta takes care of the mechanics and gameplay.

If Larian handled the writing I'd agree to this.
They should consult ZA/UM for writing. ;-)

Joined: Apr 2020
Location: Boston , MA
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Apr 2020
Location: Boston , MA
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Id go a bit further and merge Solasta system with BG3.
The Solasta team is in France I think, pretty close to Larian's offices wink BG3 has got the graphics/cinematics and story while Solasta takes care of the mechanics and gameplay.

If Larian handled the writing I'd agree to this.
They should consult ZA/UM for writing. ;-)

That would be a dream right? Tactical adventure for uh... Tactical combat and ZA/UM on writing.

Larian could buy both studios since they are flooded anyway.

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5