fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Talyn82
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by Talyn82
Originally Posted by fylimar
My new playthrough is an high elf rogue, specced as arcane trickster, so she has a bit of rogue/mage multiclass about her

That's great to hear. How long would you say was your playthrough? Also as for your new character post a screenshot. I love seeing people's characters.:)

Edit: What was your level when you completed the first chapter?

Sorry, just saw your post. I just finished my firs tplaythrough - I wanted to defeat the spider matriarch before going to the end of EA, because that for me is the toughest fight and I wanted to do it. I did it today (second try - yay) and finished my first playthrough with maybe 30 hours. My second playthrough is a bit more thorough and is more than 30 hours already. In my first playthrough, I messed the owlbear for example, and the harpies and some other stuff.

I posted my rogue in the SHare pictures thread - from what I have seen, you have found it, saw your characters tehre, really nice smile. But if you like, here she is:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You can only reach level 4 so far. I had that on my first playthrough after the gobbo camp, now I had it even before, because I explored more and did get more stuff done - for example I killed the first spider and Ettercap group in the Whispering Depths really soon in the game, that gave a lot of experience (I accidently started the fight, I just wanted to get the loot in the beginning of that area).

Have fun with the game. I myself have tons of fun.

Thank you for answering my questions. I am about 18 hours in with my first character the Seldarine Drow Wizard. I am now heading to the Goblin camp I also recruited a new companion Wyl. He seems nicer than the others. At least he cares about the Tiefling children.

Your character looks great by the way.

I am having loads of fun as well. Thank you for recommending me this game.:)

You're welcome. Wyll is a nice companion. He and Gale are the good options, they do approve, when you do something good.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I'm one of those that need to get their own spin on everything so I don't like clean one class builds. The buiild I hope I will be able to pull of would be:

My pirate hunter:
Human - ST-16 / DX -16 / CO-10 / IQ-12 / WS-14 / CH-8 (sailor)
Starting as Ranger, dual wielding, (urban, bounty hunter) until level 3 (hunter) then switching to Barbarian (Path of the Totem/Wolf) until level 5 and a final switch to Fighter to reach Battlemaster (if possible by level cap). If it goes beyond level 12-13 I would probably commit to one of the three classes and just stick to it.

It's far from optimized and more of a NPC character than hero of the story, but very versitile. Espeically if the Hunter could be replaced Gloom Stalker (50 feet turn one movement is fun laugh - and once your party catches up they benefit from the wolf totem advantage), while rage resistances help with the low hitpoints. It also gives a bit of out of combat skills. And if charging ahead is too crazy, just Hunter's Mark your target and use a bow (meancing attack would be a nice cap stone if it goes to level 12).

enthusiast
enthusiast
There have been several race/ class combos I've enjoyed in EA so far.

Githyanki Abjurer (somewhat fixed with the D&D Rebalance Mod) Soldier
Wears half plate, uses Shield of Faith to raise his 12 pt Arcane Ward (currently at 4th lvl), and uses the Shield spell to replenish it. Has got the Jump spell, and a high Athletics skill. Buffs up and goes out to smack things with a great sword.

Shield Dwarf Ranger Knight Urban Tracker:
Duel wields battle axes, uses Hunter's Mark and Colossus Slayer, wears chainmail armor, uses the Jump spell as well, picks locks and removes traps. Who needs a Rogue?

Drow Divine Soul Sorcerer Far Traveler:
Took Magic Initiate Warlock for Hex and Eldritch Blast. Outblasts Gale.

Shield Dwarf War Domain Cleric Soldier:
Took Martial Adept for the Battlemaster's Riposte. Also wears chainmail, fights with a glaive, took Polemaster at 8th level.

But I most look forward to playing a Half Elf Enchanter Wizard Charlatan, when Larian adds it or someone mods it in.

Last edited by Merlex; 06/01/21 11:02 PM.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm contemplating doing something strange - like a Tiefling cleric for example.
I really wish, we could have bards and druids soon. I know, there are mods out there, but at the moment, I don't get a mod to work. And I'm hestitating using too many mods ( I only used the mod, that gave Tiefling more hair options)

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman
Whoopsies. I already posted in this thread apparently... eek

Last edited by zyr1987; 08/01/21 12:22 PM.

Lover of non-haughty elves and non-smutty lesbian romance
"1404. I will not spoil the adventure's mandatory ambush by using the cheesy tactic of a "scout"." - From "Things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed to do in a (tabletop) RPG"
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I really love my halfling ranger, she is a lot of fun to play. It's kind of cute, that her spider companion is bigger than her. And in the goblin camp she convinced those two spiders to fight for her and those were basically towering over her - not to mention Halsin in bear form ... or every other animal.

Doctor Who
E
E
My favorite races are elves and my favorite class is druid and bard.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I love druid and bard too - and as soon, as they are available, I will create both.

Doctor Who
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I have always been a Ranger fan, even if the 5th Edition Ranger class has some limitations compared to fighters in terms of combat damage. That being said, so far the two combinations I've played extensively so far are:

1. Wood Elf Ranger - With the correct choices, you can start with 9 skills (including perception/insight, and enough of the rogue skills that Astarion becomes superfluous. (Which is good, because I really don't like him.) And this build of my ranger was pretty much able to stealth-snipe and solo most of the goblin guardpost leading to their camp, AND was even able to snipe most of the phase spiders in the Whispering Depths. laugh

2. Zauriel Tiefling Ranger - Not as many skills as the Wood Elf ranger to start, but you get fire resistance as a bonus perk. Her starting Dex is not as high as the Wood Elf, but with slightly heavier armour and twin finesse weapons, she's actually pretty darn good at melee combat. And still has the stealth archery sniping as an option. smile

Just my two cents. smile

S
addict
addict
S
I really need Paladins, and Oath of Conquest...badly.

F
Fl0 Offline
stranger
stranger
F
Shield dwarf / wizard. Specialize in shields at level 4. It is uncommon to see a wizard in medium armor with a shield with an AC ~20 )

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Oh wow - I just started a Githyanki wizard and stole Lae'zels armor - that girl is unstoppable. And she can fight with swords, when she is out of spells or in melee range. Very powerful combo. ANd I didn't even made a strength based build but a dexterity build, to get the both out of armor class,

Doctor Who
In other rpgs on console, I've typically favored elves, and to some extent dwarves. I still like them in BG3, but also really enjoy the tieflings, halflings and githyanki.

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
stranger
stranger
Just looking for fun?
I really enjoyed human ranger.

No min maxing here just decent all around stats and fantastic combat versatility.
Seriously, there's never been a single encounter where I didn't have a slew of viable options to choose from.
Close quarters? Yup! Long distance Yeah! stealthy approach? Why not?
You can even get away with the occasional dramatic head on assault.
Beyond that you get a whole slew of neat abilities to pick from and a whole bunch of hotbar space for oils, poisons, fire bottles, potions and bombs.

Outside of combat you get a slew of good wisdom checks and you can talk to animals!
Ever wondered what a dog might say to having been petted? Want to talk spiders out of trying to eat you? By all means!
And even a really got set or rogue-esque skills for when you don't have a rogue on hand.

Not a fan of medium armor? Then wear heavy armor by being a ranger knight.
And what's more knightly sounding than a heavily armored human that can deal with any enemy at any distance?
Not feeling like handling things alone? Be a beast tamer and call upon a wolf to hunt down your enemies or a frigging giant spider of your very own to trap foes in flammable webs !

And I mean hey, It's a human, talk about a renegade choice for archery eh?

"Everyone is the hero of their own story."
Drow elves are one of the most interesting races in DnD imho, there's a lot of extra material to read about them including a really popular series of novel by R.A Salvatore. My first playthrough was a Lolth-sworn Drow Warlock but in the final game I'm probably going to play a Seldarine Drow Bard.

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard