Print Thread
#712181 22/10/20 11:56 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Feed back for the team, that hopefully can get considered in future releases:

Please create more Autosave triggers!! The nautilloid had plenty, but in the rest of the world there are far too few. This game has many impossible to predict total party kill moments (unwinnable forced fights, instant death traps, etc) which is TOTALLY FINE AND I LOVE IT, but i've lost many hours over several of these incidents due to poor autosave. more than once i lost level ups, lucky item finds, even picking up party members. The one time, i spent forever organizing all my gear, marking my wares, getting everyone all set for the next part of the adventure. I hit a vendor and bought items, got everything dialed in perfectly and was so stoked. then, i stepped out the back door of the druid circle, pathed in to a guardian trap and watched as my party got wiped while i was trying to figure out what was going on and why turn based gameplay wasnt triggering. last autosave? when i showed up at the druid circle for the first time......

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
+1. Just got done fighting the githyanki patrol, was a close run thing my main died...then i took a long rest and went somewhere else, at which point a game bug forced me to reload. And lo and behold...i'm back to before fighting the githyanki. Didn't have the energy to do it all over again.

At least autosave on a rest would be good.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Honestly I just got in the habit of hitting f5 before coming up on basically anything (mobs, chest, door, etc). It will autosave as you run .. may drop fps for like.. 3 seconds but it's pretty quick.

journeyman
journeyman
I've gotten into the habit of quick-saving a lot in this game.

A good point to remember is that you can save while in combat, not just outside it. Round by round if you wanted to.

Last edited by Hrungr; 24/10/20 05:15 AM.
X
stranger
stranger
X
F5 is your savior, but the game should auto-save coming out of camp at the very least. Transitions are good autosave points.

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
I agree. More autosaves are definitely called for. I would kept expecting there to be an autosave after I teleported from one zone to the next. That would be wonderful!

veteran
veteran
It was allready menitoned countless times around here ...
Demanded situations: When enter / leave building, when enter / leave combat, after every fast travel (except camp), after every long rest, and regulary by 15-30 minutes.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/01/21 07:37 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Mm, ideally let us toggle if these things cause autosaves. And throwing it out there as a tangential thing (cause I haven't seen it if it is a thing in BG3) let us do Quicksaves and Quickloads.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
+1. I lost hours of progress (in total) because of the lack of an autosave in critical moments.

The way Larian manages party movement is dreadful
enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't mind it, just keep auto save optional.
There are already quick saves (F5 default key) and you can even set how many quicksaves to have.

Last edited by LoneSky; 19/01/21 11:09 PM.
LoneSky #752295 19/01/21 11:49 PM
old hand
old hand
Ah, then I must've been blind, that could have saved me so much time

addict
addict
...there are people who don't religiously F5 multiple times every 2 minutes?

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

veteran
veteran
Obviously ...

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard