Next Thread
Print Thread
#752042 18/01/21 05:51 AM
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
I am absolutely sure that nobody cares what I want or what I think but I will put it here anyway.

For the most part, more options for the classes when they choose subclasses and abilities. The wizards get two schools to choose from warlocks get two powers to chose between then a singular pact, pretty much every class at this point has an either or feel to the subclasses. I would also like to see the ability to choose a deity for non clerics, particularly with reactions and dialog options.

Now for my biggest gripe, clerics. The domains of the clerics in all of the roleplaying games that I know of are determined by the god that the cleric worships. In this game it seems like the god you choose doesn't matter at all. It certainly doesn't to the domain choice. You can seemingly play a cleric of Shar with the light domain something that is actually opposed to her portfolio. It makes it so I don't even want to play a cleric.

S
addict
addict
S
I have to assume the classes are in an alpha state.

Clerics are way off, no Paladin?

enthusiast
enthusiast
In all honesty before they add more classes they should fix some of the things that are broken like with the Feats and the weapons

veteran
veteran
Personaly i would like to see people reading, hearing, or acnowledging Swens countless warnings about "early acess" means "so far unfinished game". :-/
And understands that all things that arent there yet, inst there just "yet".

But i dunno if i dont want too much from people. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Wickedmouse
I am absolutely sure that nobody cares what I want or what I think but I will put it here anyway.

Don't begin your post like this, your opinions are just as valuable to them as anyone else's here and this is literally the place to put them.

Any way, yes; they have said that they aim to implement every class and subclass in the PHB, so we're expecting more of them to be added before full relrase as the EA period goes on.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Personaly i would like to see people reading, hearing, or acnowledging Swens countless warnings about "early acess" means "so far unfinished game". :-/
And understands that all things that arent there yet, inst there just "yet".

But i dunno if i dont want too much from people. :-/

While that's fair and all, if you are going to put something out for people to test, I would expect much more feedback and interaction with a representative from the Dev or Design teams.

Way more.

veteran
veteran
It depends ...
You know the funds are limited, and even concidering how many people allready payd for this game (and i know that sume seem like HUUUUUUUGE AMOUNT of money) its a still number, and will probably not move so much from now on.
So, if Larian want this game to be sucessfull, and now i mean not for players, but for them ... bcs even if i believe that they do their work with honest passion and everything, at first place its their work ... meaning they need profit ... meaning they need to count how much of those money they can use at a time.

So as i see it they need to make decision ...
Either they hire more people to interact with us ... and thin theyr money a lot, since those people will not do it for free.
Or they can tast someone to interact with us ... and that person will no longer be able to work on this game, personaly this forum by itself takes around two hours per day from me and i read only feedback part, reply only for few topics and few things directly related to my person.
Or they can decide what i think they decided ... show us they are listening, they have people who is reading our feedback, and sending it to them, then they reconcider their decisions, see how it fits their vision and here or there rework something ... and then, instead of wasting time or money to "just talking", we can see fruits of our cooperation in another patch.

For myself i must say that i support this decision, its most effective one.
Of course there would be people who would demand more, but thing is that they will allways be there ... until developers will have live streams 24/7 from webcams conected to their chest, there will allways be someone who will feel like "not getting enough comunication", and those people wont be satisfied even then, since then they would demand that developer they are watching to work on something else. laugh

I say chill out, we were promised that we will get another patch "somewhere after the holidays" and we were promised that in that patch there will be "a lot more of your ideas implemented" ... so, i believe we would see our fruit soon enough. smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Wickedmouse
You can seemingly play a cleric of Shar with the light domain something that is actually opposed to her portfolio. It makes it so I don't even want to play a cleric.

Yeah - feel the same. Clerics in general are not as I expected them.
I am used to Clerics being a more passive form of a "Paladin".
With not as big weapons and more chainmail instead of Platearmor.

And a shield maybe, instead of the twohanded Yolo style.
With healingspells, cure spells, peaceful attitude ( appart from evil clerics of course ) and powers befitting the aspect of a god.

So maybe Clerics wielding what sounds like a Necromancer spell, aka "Necrotic hand" is not that wrong after all.
But when I look at its damage output and compare it with the general healing output even if I choose a good deity - pfffffffffff. ( =_=)

Currently Clerics feel like a Class that has gone lost or something.
But hey Wizards too. Wizards can learn Healingspells omg! ^^
^
I get I get it Forgotten Realms is different. grin

But I wish we would at least see a tooltip that hints that the Wizards healingvariant was more "taken" instead of "granted", is maybe less divine and therefore less invigorating.
Just cannot get used to it how Wizards -> the elementary weaponspells machinegun of the entire videogame franchises, is also a Healer by choice in this game.
If their baselevel Armorclass wouldn't suck so much, I could easily see them becoming a "Master of all and disadvantages of none".

Thanks god you cannot rely on spells most of the time and should just go with Magic Missle for a guaranteed hit. grin

journeyman
journeyman
While Forgotten Realms is its own setting.. Clerics able to pick a subclass/kit opposite of their god's portfolio is definatly NOT Forgotten Realms. Healing spells are also only divine magic, wizards in FR cannot just learn any spell they want, healing is not a thing for them. (Bards are the exception with arcane healing spells, though. But the only real exception).

I think (Hope!) that wizards being able to learn any spell rather than just the ones meant for them/on their original spelllist is a bug that will get fixed.

Yes, this is very far from the rules of all D&D !

Link Copied to Clipboard