Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 49 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 48 49
enthusiast
enthusiast
I finished testing Early Access, and frankly the party UI will make me think twice before installing this game again, if the UI remains so cumbersome as it is now.
The game has flaws of course, many things can be improved as always, but the state of the party UI is simply at an unacceptable level for a modern game, when 20+ year old games have it perfectly, BG 1 & 2 among them.

Was fun playing it a while, but the party UI kills every desire to play it again.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by LoneSky
I finished testing Early Access, and frankly the party UI will make me think twice before installing this game again, if the UI remains so cumbersome as it is now.
The game has flaws of course, many things can be improved as always, but the state of the party UI is simply at an unacceptable level for a modern game, when 20+ year old games have it perfectly, BG 1 & 2 among them.

Was fun playing it a while, but the party UI kills every desire to play it again.
The problem with the UI is that it wasn't designed for D&D, it was designed for DoS and then modded so it sort of works for D&D. That's BG3 in the nutshell, really. : \

old hand
old hand
The chaining system would be equally dreadful regardless of whether it was DoS or is a DnD game. System has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
I really hope someone at Larian takes notice of this thread. Forum members can disagree on nearly every issue from the value of alignment to the best DnD edition but nearly everyone agrees that the chaining system is awful.

N
N
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
I really hope someone at Larian takes notice of this thread. Forum members can disagree on nearly every issue from the value of alignment to the best DnD edition but nearly everyone agrees that the chaining system is awful.
+1 tbh im kinda surprised that it hasnt already been pinned or merged into a mega-thread seeing as this one is 23 pages already and there are other smaller, ancillary threads that also critique and provide feedback on the way party movement is handled in bg3, but idk - it may get more views and stay more focused in 'suggestions & feedback'

L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by nation
+1 tbh im kinda surprised that it hasnt already been pinned or merged into a mega-thread seeing as this one is 23 pages already and there are other smaller, ancillary threads that also critique and provide feedback on the way party movement is handled in bg3, but idk - it may get more views and stay more focused in 'suggestions & feedback'

Tuco keeps bumping this post, he’s very passionate about it. Hopefully it’s working, it would be great to at least have some acknowledgment from Larian.

Tuco Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by nation
I've been told by the moderation repeatedly that it was going to be added to the "mega compendium thread", to the mega-threads subforum, etc. since this was barely a couple of pages long, but it never happened.
Honestly at some point I even stopped caring. Not even that confident it would boost the visibility of the issue in any meaningful way, and frankly if Larian will keep ignoring the issue it's going to be because they just want to, not because they didn't catch notice of the general feedback around it.

Of course, that doesn't mean I will ever stop pointing out at every chance how the current system simply BLOWS, because, as LukasPrism pointed, I am indeed fairly passionate about the topic.
More specifically, while I have my other constellation of minor complaints and grievances with the current state of this alpha, this is the closes thing to be a complete "deal breaker" for me. An aspect so genuinely and irredeemably bad that it affects my desire to invest time with the game in general.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Dexai
The chaining system would be equally dreadful regardless of whether it was DoS or is a DnD game. System has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Oh, for sure. The portrait chain sucks. The entirely system where you can select on a single character at a time sucks. The character, inventory, and merchant screens are bad. All this was bad in DoS as well, but it's even worse in BG3 because Larian hasn't designed NEW systems specifically for the needs of a D&D CRPG, they've just modded DoS's to sort of work.
If BG3 was a fan mod for DoS2, it'd be some amazing work. As a $60 AAA game, it's pretty weak sauce right now.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Of course, that doesn't mean I will ever stop pointing out at every chance how the current system simply BLOWS, because, as LukasPrism pointed, I am indeed fairly passionate about the topic.
More specifically, while I have my other constellation of minor complaints and grievances with the current state of this alpha, this is the closes thing to be a complete "deal breaker" for me. An aspect so genuinely and irredeemably bad that it affects my desire to invest time with the game in general.

Tuco, I always have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say, can you repeat that without using euphemisms? wink

Tuco Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Tuco, I always have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say, can you repeat that without using euphemisms? wink
If it's a stealth complaint about how vocal I am against this stuff, I'll tell you upfront that I regret nothing.

Last edited by Tuco; 22/01/21 07:15 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
It wasn’t a stealth complaint as the emoticon should have made clear. Obviously we are the same side of this issue. Takes all sorts. You’ve got a pugilistic style but I tend to take that with grain of salt. It made me smile and I intended to communicate that.

Tuco Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
You’ve got a pugilistic style but I tend to take that with grain of salt. It made me smile and I intended to communicate that.
Well, not sure what you mean with this but I DO manage a boxing gym for a living, after all.
Or I should probably say I did, given it's been close for the last three months because of COVID shenanigans that are going to be my ruin.

Also, I was just joking.

veteran
veteran
Also, I was just joking.

Should have realized smile God I hate this virus I hope you can recover once things get back to normal. Wish I could do more than wish . . .

Also, This chaining system is really bad.

Considering the overwhelming amount of negative feedback Larians gotten regarding party movement and management, both in this thread but also countless others on different platforms. And we still haven't heard a peep from them. I'm starting to think this is Larian right now

[Linked Image from mvcommunitycovenant.com]

D
D
Another day, another +1

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Peranor
Considering the overwhelming amount of negative feedback Larians gotten regarding party movement and management, both in this thread but also countless others on different platforms. And we still haven't heard a peep from them. I'm starting to think this is Larian right now

[Linked Image from mvcommunitycovenant.com]

100%

The issues that are basically understood to be accepted at this point with no feedback from Larian at all? Brutal...

Tuco Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Well, I'm still willing to wait for the next patch (and the dev diary that will follow it) before throwing them under the bus, but admittedly if even then they will refuse to acknowledge* the problem to any extent, I'd be more than a bit pissed at the ongoing neglect.

*note: let me stress that "acknowledge" doesn't mean "solve on the spot", they just need to recognize that something needs to be changed and then they can take all the time they want to actually do it.

Well, I'm still willing to wait for the next patch (and the dev diary that will follow it) before throwing them under the bus, but admittedly if even then they will refuse to acknowledge* the problem to any extent, I'd be more than a bit pissed at the ongoing neglect.

*note: let me stress that "acknowledge" doesn't mean "solve on the spot", they just need to recognize that something needs to be changed and then they can take all the time they want to actually do it.

Exactly. If they could just acknowledge that they have seen the numerous complaints and then say if it is something they are going to look in to or not. Because if refuse to believe that they are unaware of the complaints. No, at this point Larians just being obstinate, hoping the problem will go away if they just plug their ears.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
+1

Currently, I'm on my first two-characters-only playthrough which I started so that party management is reduced to minimum (playing solo was I little too extreme for me). I'm getting mauled by minotaurs, but even that is better than dealing with the chain system with a full party.

The way Larian manages party movement is dreadful
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
The Baldur's Gate 3 early access has given me a whole new appreciation for Pillars of Eternity. : \

Page 23 of 49 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard