Next Thread
Print Thread
#752250 19/01/21 06:37 PM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hello😊, what are your theories about Raphael's real intentions or role in the future acts? He is such an intriguing character...

Last edited by Princess96; 19/01/21 08:41 PM.
I think Raphael is exactly what he appears to be. He wants your tadpoles, and he wants your souls, and he's willing to do pretty much whatever to get them. The tadpoles grant you power, and my theory is that they wouldn't actually work on Raphael, as he is a Devil, but it would still bond to him, as he is part human. He wants their power, I think.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Originally Posted by DuskHorseman
I think Raphael is exactly what he appears to be. He wants your tadpoles, and he wants your souls, and he's willing to do pretty much whatever to get them. The tadpoles grant you power, and my theory is that they wouldn't actually work on Raphael, as he is a Devil, but it would still bond to him, as he is part human. He wants their power, I think.
He must know how to avoid any collateral effect... He is very powerful and smart and he knows a lot about ceremorphosis, maybe does he know at this point how to use the tadpole powers without risks?🤔

Perhaps Zariel is responsible for the tadpole's enhanced powers and delayed ruination of the host form? If so, Raphael might want to take control of the beastie himself and that Blood War may have larger ramifications within the wider picture?

“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I wonder what Archdevil he serves under, and if he is hoping to supplant them. People have found voice files *spoilers* *spoilers* *spoilers* that show him talking to Karlach, the Zarial servant runaway, about how his offering Karlach a deal is dangerous for him because it puts him at odds with Zariel. Seems odd that a cambion would be willing to challenge the ruler of Avernus on his own, so either he has some strong partners and is looking to climb the ranks, or he serves someone who could withstand Zariel's wrath.

old hand
old hand
On the other hand, if I were a devil approaching somebody on the run from a Bigger Devil the first thing I'd do is give the impression that I'm not working for the Bigger Devil. Especially if I am.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
🤔🤔 interesting

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't believe that anyone can do anything about the tadpoles anymore.

It's going to be like:

- Ok, take my soul, just remove this tadpole!
- As you wish.. Whoopies, netherese magic, can't do shit, soz, deal is off, bye.

Last edited by Kadajko; 22/01/21 09:57 PM.
It will surely be interesting how the whole story plays out.

The Blood War will definitely play a big part in BG3.

But we don't know who is on who's side.

And we haven't seen any demons, yet.

Does Zariel want to overthrow Asmodeus? Do the Illithids work with demons? Is there another party (the Absolute?) which wants to participate in the Blood War?

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
To sum up the situation
[Linked Image from i.makeagif.com]

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kadajko
I don't believe that anyone can do anything about the tadpoles anymore.

It's going to be like:

- Ok, take my soul, just remove this tadpole!
- As you wish.. Whoopies, netherese magic, can't do shit, soz, deal is off, bye.

I think the tadpoles is what he is really after. He just wants your soul too because that's a given, they always want more souls of they can get them, souls are power.

Optimistically Apocalyptic

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard