Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I immediately apologize for the inaccurate names of the quests and other terms - I translate from Russian using google translate

Computer configuration

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

First walkthrough of October 9, 2020:

- Once in half an hour somewhere there are friezes of seconds for 5-7

- After an hour of playing, each new download takes from half a minute to a minute. The game itself has automatically set all the graphics to the maximum and works without any problems.

- Unable to speak with Laezel at Camp

- Loading textures for about 10 seconds (even corpses get up)

- After restarting the first entrance to the Zentarim hideout, the first dialogue with Zaris is not initiated. As a result, it remains either to break through down with a fight, or load the save before entering the basement (not in the shelter itself)

- Two identical options in the dialogue. Answers are the same too

- In the quest "Suspicious Singing" Donnie only * grumbles *, after which the dialogue ends. As a result, I cannot close the quest, since I must eventually talk to this Donnie. Tried each of the characters

- During Gale's story, this happens

After the update on October 27, 2020:

I have a strange feeling that after the release of the new patch, the game has ceased to behave adequately. It slows down regardless of anything - I tried to reduce the schedule. The game stopped loading any additional textures at all.
But! This is my second playthrough. The first passed without the slightest excesses in the schedule and freezes, only flew once every few hours, and then it passed. At the same time, the game automatically set everything to Ultra for me.
Now the game almost died along with all the processes in the druid's bay.

January 11, 2021:

Microfreezes continue, but not so serious, you can play. Except for locations with open flames

stranger
OP Offline
stranger

Screenshots of various bugs that do not significantly affect the walkthrough

- A box in the wall at Waukeen Shelter in the central house to the right of Entrance

- With the new update, the character began to periodically freeze during automatic descent from hills or even steps. There was no such bug before. Solved by teleporting the entire group to the nearest runestone

- After the death of an enemy NPC, it sometimes happens that it is smeared over the location. First encountered this before the Druid Grove

- If you move the camera away from the characters, you can see holes in the textures

- The goblin who sits behind the gate of the fortress cannot sit on a chair and jumps on it

- Textures of incomprehensible objects are sometimes visible in the walls in caves

- Sleep is loaded incorrectly every time. Npc who speaks to the main hero every time lies falls through

The game is pretty buggy, especially cutscene animations. Patch 3 introduced the jumping bug. Textures load in for 10 seconds like you said even after the load screen.

Each patch seems to have helped lessen some of the bugs, but a lot still exist. Hopefully Patch 4 fixes some of them.

I've also played the game on 3 different computers and a poor gpu seems to lead to more performance issues than a computer with a good gpu but poor cpu. Keeping the graphics card up to date also tends to help lessen some texture glitches for the water and fire.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
With each new patch, it becomes more difficult to play.

1) The performance of the game degrades significantly.
With the first three patches, despite some bugs, the walkthrough went quite briskly.
With the release of the last patches, I was faced with the fact that I was waiting for a long time for the locations to be loaded (they are loaded incomparably worse). If it comes to reloading the save, I wait even longer.

2) Frequent abnormal game termination.
With the first three patches, they happened in very rare cases, or when playing for more than 6 hours.
Now it is commonplace. Moreover, it is not clear from what and at what point the termination occurs. You can be thrown out of the game just by walking around the location.

If each new patch makes the game so heavier, then when game will be released, I won't be able to start it at all. It would be very sad, considering that I have a pre-order and I plan to play it further.

Link Copied to Clipboard