Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#700089 15/10/20 06:15 PM
H
Hexick Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Mod edit: thread merged. Original title; "Goblin PC Race".

Alright so hear me out here. I wasn't so sure I would want to play a goblin in BG 3, however since playing the early access I have been assured that it would be an excellent RP experience. Seeing them goblin ranger NPCs got me jealous.

Last edited by Sadurian; 26/01/21 12:24 PM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Goblins are kind of weak and not terribly smart. Kind of limited.

enthusiast
enthusiast
One of the things I would really like to have in BG3 is the monster playable races in BG3 that you can play as in Volo's Guide to Monsters if you could add any monster race into BG3 what would it be I would go for the Yuan-ti pureblood I have a bit of a soft spot for the Yuan-ti

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
enthusiast
enthusiast
I want Goblins personally but uh....That's not news.
Still want to make my dour Goblin Paladin with Melanism.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Cool

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Kou The Mad
I want Goblins personally but uh....That's not news.
Still want to make my dour Goblin Paladin with Melanism.

Did someone say - Goblins?
[Linked Image from pm1.narvii.com]

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Im not sure if that is concidered as monster race ... but i would like to see Tortle.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
S
addict
addict
S
I dont see why they couldnt get all the playable races in eventually.

G
addict
addict
G
They probably have a license from Hasbro for certain content - likely just the Player's Handbook - which would limit e.g. which playable races, subclasses, and spells they can use.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by grysqrl
They probably have a license from Hasbro for certain content - likely just the Player's Handbook - which would limit e.g. which playable races, subclasses, and spells they can use.

Gith are from Tome of Foes. I'd be surprised to not see additional FR based content in the game.

D
D
Implementing this in a good and believable way (dialogs, reactions etc.) would be difficult and take a lot of time and effort. I would much rather like Larian to focus on important aspects of the game... and making sure playing as a standard(+Githyanki) race with "special relations with mainstream races" - Drow, Githyanki, Dragonborn (and possibly Half-Orc and Tiefling) - has actual consequences in the story, reactions and dialogues. That is going to be difficult as it is. Honestly, I wouldn't be mad at all if they completely excluded Dragonborn for those reasons.

Last edited by DiDiDi; 23/01/21 07:31 PM.
old hand
old hand
I would love any Monster races that are native to Faerun being added but implementing them would be a challenge, maybe there could be sets like goblinoids, dragonoids, orcish, animalistic and such to make it get implemented easier?

S
addict
addict
S
Goblins already have models, so I would think they could be implemented pretty quick.

D
D
Originally Posted by Scribe
Goblins already have models, so I would think they could be implemented pretty quick.
No, not in an immersive and believable way. You would have to change most dialogues, many quests (tieflings not letting you in at all...) etc.

Dream on, dreamers. I would be pleasantly surprised if even the non-mainstream races present in PHB are implemented well in this regard (except Drow maybe - fan service and thus money dictates Drow must be handled well).

Last edited by DiDiDi; 23/01/21 08:15 PM.
D
D

Last edited by DiDiDi; 23/01/21 08:26 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
Oh I'm not saying it wouldnt take work, I simply mean from a model/animation perspective.

The quests and dialogue obviously would need help. smile

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by grysqrl

Gith are from Tome of Foes. I'd be surprised to not see additional FR based content in the game.
Fair point, I forgot about Gith. Regardless of whether the license is exactly for the Player's Handbook or not, they probably have fixed parameters for what they are allowed to include.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Bobberuchi
Goblins are kind of weak and not terribly smart. Kind of limited.

Goblins have base rules in 5e and they're honestly pretty dope. Honestly they're arguably a better race for your rogue than halflings.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I for one want more Goblinoids.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard