Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
stranger
stranger
P
About a week ago, I was able to see the romance scenes, but I just got through another playthrough last night and now they're bugged! Bummer!

T
stranger
stranger
T
I just spent the last two days playing through the game again in hopes of a romantic night with Astarion and now this! What a heartbreaking Christmas it has been..

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Thorion
I just spent the last two days playing through the game again in hopes of a romantic night with Astarion and now this! What a heartbreaking Christmas it has been..

I know, right! Especially since they were supposed to add *new* content to the scene, instead of just the disapproving maintenance Ilithid.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by SadSadMage
Originally Posted by Thorion

I know, right! Especially since they were supposed to add *new* content to the scene, instead of just the disapproving maintenance Ilithid.

And they added, but not completely.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
apprentice
apprentice
Well. This was certainly a turn off.

Last edited by A_va; 27/12/20 10:14 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
The devs removed the cutscenes for now; they ran into issues and will be fixing them. Most likely with next update.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I'm so happy this isn't just me! I was so confused why they didn't work anymore.

Where did you get this from? Does it say somewhere that they've done this?

stranger
stranger
I bought the game after Patch 3 and Hotfix 6 so I thought it was an issue with my Mac, and that the romance scenes were playing correctly on PC. Glad to hear that's not the case as it means I just have to wait patiently to have my night with Astarion. smile

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by smd1967
The devs removed the cutscenes for now; they ran into issues and will be fixing them. Most likely with next update.

Why would removing the cutscenes do anything? they were fully functional. I can see removing them to add onto something to get rid of the "under maintenance" screen, but couldn't a patch fix that, and why was nothing said about this? Judging by the fact this topic keeps popping up from several other posters and no one seems to know whether or not it's a bug, intentionally done, or something the patch messed up (as it started for most people after the patch), needs to be better communicated as it's literally causing some people to delete their saves and start a new game just because they think their game/companion bugged permanently.

Last edited by Vallis; 02/01/21 04:25 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Still no fix for this frown

D
D
There was no patch since this thread was created. We are all waiting for Patch4.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I ***FINALLY** got through the Weave scene, happily went and killed a bunch of goblins, had a great party, then get this with Gale and my characters on their sleeping furs instead of the cinematics I was hoping for. Hope this gets fixed. If it does then going back to my save so I can watch the cutscene.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Sadly, I have encountered the exact same issue smirk I worked hard to "get Astarion to like me" and was very excited to finally "seal our relationship with a kiss"--and other things wink
I've only played this game for a couple weeks and am loving it! When Astarion came along...oh yeah, heartthrob! My whole mission was to romance his socks off. But, I guess I'll have to put my current character on hold until this is fixed. Sad day...

stranger
stranger
I've got that problem too. I think they disabled the scenes until they finished animating them. So hopefully they'll work in patch 4.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I've got that problem as well in version 1.4.9.6567. No cutscene is displayed, only textlines. frown

Last edited by Smaugisgreat; 18/02/21 04:23 PM.
stranger
stranger
I have a very weird problem, as the scenes are not loading, but I have no even access to the dialogs or options to skip the scene and continue playing. Its totally bugged and I only see the camp, and the characters sleeping, hearing them snore.

If I go clicking on their avatars, the romanced character disappears and all the action bars and avatars with it.

It stays there for hours and theres no way to make them wake up, or even skip the scene.

I am stucked there and I cannot even go out. I have to close the game and load again and it get stucked over and over again.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Salier
I have a very weird problem, as the scenes are not loading, but I have no even access to the dialogs or options to skip the scene and continue playing. Its totally bugged and I only see the camp, and the characters sleeping, hearing them snore.

I had the same problem and the only way out was to load a previous save. Then I updated GPU drivers, tweaked the graphic settings and finally got it to work.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Just hit it, or something similar.
Doing an Evil playthrough, and went to camp for the Goblin Celebration.
Ran through diaolog options with Will, Laezal, Astarion, Gale, and Shadowheart.
Went to bed Minthara. Took me 3 tries to not glitch with party "asleep" in beds but no cutscene or progression. The goblin revelers were running about, but couldn't move or switch characters. Couldn't use the "Go to camp" button, or enter turn based mode, or fast forward through the scene. Couldn't save. Tho the options to quit and Load a previous save were available.

3rd or 4th try I figured out what was causing the glitch.
Did the dialog with Minthara.
Went to bed, and selected the option to "sleep" with Minthara. Then, instead of letting things play out, I was hitting the space bar to advance through the "narrator's dialogue" and get on with the cut scene. And that was what was causing it to bug out. Once I reloaded and did all that without trying to fast forward the dialogue/ narrative bits, the scene played out normally.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard