Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shojis Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So as an avid player of DOS:2 and now BG3 there is a feature I think would be a great benefit to BG3 and make for a fun mini-game as well. Tinkering with builds and skill/spell combos is on of the enjoyable aspects of both games. The only hitch can be sometimes where you are in the game can mean it will be awhile before you run into a good fight to test your changes out. While you can save and reload right before a fight to accomplish this, it's not the best gameplay mechanic IMHO.

(Any hostiles or area will work, just using this as an example)
What I would like to see is a Goblin cave that descends where each floor would increase the enemy level by +1. All floor would provide three possible paths that would all lead to a boss fight. Each path would provide different enemy types melee only, ranged only, and a mix of ranged and melee.

Upon beating the boss on the current floor you able to access the next floor along with the option to go straight to any floor you have opened the next time you enter. All floors of the cave should respawn on a full rest. Also I don't necessarily believe this activity should give exp nor loot as the main purpose is to test builds in a live environment. Not knowing how the acts will play out, it would make sense to have caves in each act that are -1 to +5 of their intended level ranges for the current act. I.E. the EA caves would be level 1 to 9. This would be useful for testing builds, and as an added bonus I can see these areas being a fun playground for the talented modders I'm sure will flock to BG3.

A system like this could easily be setup with many levers and buttons and be a positive addition to an already fun game!

Shojis
P.S. Ability to set my jump action to a hot key, please and thank you!

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I think the increase in monster level would be a little hard. Meaning you would need to be increasing in power. Perhaps what would work better is the way we (or at least I) do it in table top. I scale the encounters based on party strength.

That should be easy to incorporate.

D
D
I would rather see BG3 do without this immersion-breaking arcade elements. But if they can be safely ignored...

veteran
veteran
It seems like you just want Torgast ...
Cant find it fitting this world. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Memories of the VAX/VMS DND
Telengard, Shvenk's Lair and Lamorte.
This was how I got to know DND, and how the cleric became my favourite character.
The search for the orb, could be added as an arena option in BG, why not ?

Link Copied to Clipboard