Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm not sure if anyone else has stumbled across this, but I thought I'd post it all the same. I came across an odd bug when stumbling across the fisherpeople and the illithid trapped under some wreckage at the start of the game.

I failed the Perception check to notice the.... obvious illithid.... and instead chose to stay quiet, so I didn't aggro the people trying to dig it out. However, I then targeted the illithid and killed it in one hit, whereupon all three enthralled people disappeared. Poof. Vanished into thin air.

No dialogue options, no commentary from the party, it was as if the scene never happened at all. It didn't impact my experience much, but still, a bit of a surprise that.

Last edited by Metrophor; 26/01/21 12:38 AM.
veteran
veteran
If you were in stealth, then there's a good chance you hid from the cutscene.

I wish I was joking...

Currently, if you sneak, you can bypass a great many cutscenes and event triggers that should play (for example, if you sneak past the sigil near the crash sight, gale does not appear from it); if your whole party was in stealth and standing well back, then there's a possibility that the cutscene failed to initiate for you because you were hiding from it.

There are a number of oddities and bugs with that sequence, though you may have found another new one ^.^

If you can spare the time and effort, consider submitting it through their bug reporting form (https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3?ver=4.1.90.6165#modal) as well as here.

Originally Posted by Niara
(for example, if you sneak past the sigil near the crash sight, gale does not appear from it);
That kinda makes sense if you think about it. I just hope Larian will make sure it won't produce any game breaking misses.

Link Copied to Clipboard