G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by booboo
....a stealth patch?

...What are you asking, exactly?

Because there's nothing "stealth" about the upcoming patch.
We were told in December it would come in January, we can see on the SteamDB that it's getting daily updates recently and we know thanks to Larian's twitter that they are explicitly preparing to release it soon.

Larian never said January. They said "after the holidays" to give themselves flexibility.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
That was a joke...or an attempt at one wink They usually make a big fuss about a patch release. I don't follow their Twitter updates (or anyone elses) so I can't comment on that - if it is imminent, that's great. There's certainly a need for a substantial non-cosmetic patch that pays close attention to the broken rules implementation. That may even be enough for me to reinstall the game.

gaymer #752676 22/01/21 03:44 PM
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by gaymer
Larian never said January. They said "after the holidays" to give themselves flexibility.
Same difference, really.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
gaymer #752678 22/01/21 03:49 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by gaymer
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by booboo
....a stealth patch?

...What are you asking, exactly?

Because there's nothing "stealth" about the upcoming patch.
We were told in December it would come in January, we can see on the SteamDB that it's getting daily updates recently and we know thanks to Larian's twitter that they are explicitly preparing to release it soon.

almost two weeks ago they said something on twitter about patch4 being around the corner and more news coming soon. Again they created this problem themselves. The issue is not that people have unrealistic or demanding expectations, the issue is that Larian first sets expectations and then goes silent. If they wouldn't have posted two weeks ago that the patch was around the corner and more news would be available to us soon, then I wouldn't have had any expectation towards them at all. Obviously they do not owe us any updates but if they communicate towards the public it would be nice if they tried to be open, consistent and transparent about it instead of the sometimes ambiguous insinuating statements followed by complete communication black-outs.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Well, nope. Another week is gone and still no patch released.

I didn't really expect anything and I'm still disappointed.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
If watch this website --

https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/depots/

the new patches tend to drop soon after sumer2020 starts to update. I'm still saying Feb. It hasn't been that long in terms of work days.

I wants the patch but I also like know that I'm giving my money to devs who give their employees time off for the holidays.

acatlas Offline OP
OP Offline
It comes down to just wanting something to change up the game a new class more levels new areas to explore doesnt need to be everything we just need something to shake it up more classes ideally would be the better thing as its better for game balancing.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by SerraSerra
almost two weeks ago they said something on twitter about patch4 being around the corner (...)
They said, that "Patch 4 isn't too far away.". It sounds much more flexible than "around the corner".

I'm rather curious how development progression is going. Are they simultaneously working on the other acts and regions? Are they building ground up?

They should be releasing content as they go or at least any act 1 progress, items or game mechanics. If it's unbalanced or buggy, then all the more reason since it's the reason many people bought the EA.

I haven't touched this game in months because there's no new content and no reason to keep playing. What's there to test has been tested, what feedback to give has been given. It's time to add all the new progress they've made to be broken and new feedback given.

My biggest concern is this: They do the EA for Act 1, but their release history says they should be doing so for the entire game. Once the final product is shipped they end up making an updated release shortly after with feedback. It's like they're charging for EA twice and double dipping.

acatlas Offline OP
OP Offline
I doubt they would double dip to many games got major trouble for that to be worth the effort.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blade238
no reason to keep playing
Good one. laugh
I have 268 hours played ... and yet i sometimes find some bits and pieces i missed in previous gameplays. laugh Also i almost certainly didnt tryed everything so far, at least i didnt tryed everything i want to. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Blade238
I'm rather curious how development progression is going. Are they simultaneously working on the other acts and regions? Are they building ground up?

They should be releasing content as they go or at least any act 1 progress, items or game mechanics. If it's unbalanced or buggy, then all the more reason since it's the reason many people bought the EA.

I haven't touched this game in months because there's no new content and no reason to keep playing. What's there to test has been tested, what feedback to give has been given. It's time to add all the new progress they've made to be broken and new feedback given.

My biggest concern is this: They do the EA for Act 1, but their release history says they should be doing so for the entire game. Once the final product is shipped they end up making an updated release shortly after with feedback. It's like they're charging for EA twice and double dipping.

I am sure that we are playing on EA client version only with first act. And maybe another team is working on another client with full game completely. I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
T
Banned
Banned
T
Well without quoting any special member.

First of all Early Access was meant to be included only Act1 and not Act 2 or Act 3. I do not know how they will fix testing for Act 2 or 3 but it could be example Closed Beta.

There are here these things to consider:
A. From Act 1 there is released 1a but not 1 b. It means Act 1 still have some new areas though it could be that 1b is not as big area as 1a.
B. There will be more classes and maybe even races. "If not all at once they could example release 1-2 classes every second month until all classes are released that will bee in the game." I do NOT know this. I hope we get more classes in Early Access ,but I know that there will be more classes in this game.
C. Lots of movies story things we still have not get in Early Access in Act 1.
D. Spells and feats? I think they have already increased spells people have not simple noticed that.
E. More according to DD rules? Maybe that but I do not know what they will do about it. Only maybe and not sure.
F. More difficulty then only Normal? Yes that will be in game, but I do not know if we get them in Early Access.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 26/01/21 05:10 PM.
D
D
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Finally we do know this:
"
We are excited to announce that the World Reveal of Baldur’s Gate 3 Gameplay will be happening LIVE at PAX East on Thursday 27th February at 1500ET. Swen will be playing the game live on stage with a very special guest, revealing more about the story, mechanics, and the answers to much asked questions. Plus, we'll be streaming to YouTube so you can be involved no matter where you are in the world. Take a look at our announcement trailer for all the details about the gameplay reveal and to get a sneak peek at our new booth that we'll be unveiling at PAX East!
"
We will get some info maybe not much info but I do want to know this info.
That was year ago... smile

DiDiDi #753381 26/01/21 05:09 PM
T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by DiDiDi
Finally we do know this:
"
We are excited to announce that the World Reveal of Baldur’s Gate 3 Gameplay will be happening LIVE at PAX East on Thursday 27th February at 1500ET. Swen will be playing the game live on stage with a very special guest, revealing more about the story, mechanics, and the answers to much asked questions. Plus, we'll be streaming to YouTube so you can be involved no matter where you are in the world. Take a look at our announcement trailer for all the details about the gameplay reveal and to get a sneak peek at our new booth that we'll be unveiling at PAX East!
"
We will get some info maybe not much info but I do want to know this info.
That was year ago... smile
Arghcrazy. Ok fine.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 26/01/21 05:12 PM.
veteran
veteran
B. There will be more classes and maybe even races. "If not all at once they could example release 1-2 classes every second month until all classes are released that will bee in the game." I do NOT know this. I hope we get more classes in Early Access ,but I know that there will be more classes in this game.
Honestly i hope they choose "all at once, as soon as possible approach" ... otherwise there is danger that last class or race will have conciderable less feedback than all the others. :-/
Also i believe that i have heard that EA was suppose to last (At least, and not in total, i hope?) a year ... that seem impossible by now, since we would have almost first half of testing behind us and we werent even able to test everything so far. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Honestly i hope they choose "all at once, as soon as possible approach" ... otherwise there is danger that last class or race will have conciderable less feedback than all the others. :-/
Also i believe that i have heard that EA was suppose to last (At least, and not in total, i hope?) a year ... that seem impossible by now, since we would have almost first half of testing behind us and we werent even able to test everything so far. laugh
Oh when this game is done? I guess BG3 is done something between: November 2021 - March 2022 that is my best guess and I do not know that. I do not know how or when I maybe get more classed in Early Access. I only know there will be more classes in the game.

Release date could also be later in year 2022. They did say Early Access should take at least a year like minimum.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 26/01/21 05:26 PM.
veteran
veteran
I guess the next patch will be very important both for players and Larian.

Now they had tons of feedback from players that had played a lot and from players that just tried the game once. They probably have analysed tons of data about how the game is played.

They showed us an early alpha build, then they adjusted surfaces and now they probably have to choose the direction they'll give to the game.

At the moment BG3 is a mixture and whatever our tastes, everyone agree to say that many things doesn't work well. I think the next patch will be the early beginning of the road to release especially about combats and game mechanics.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 26/01/21 06:19 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Don't worry guys, it will be a huge announcement trailer and community update when patch 4.0 is ready.

Mid February is my guess.

Some news

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard