Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
D
Anything other than that they indeed are intensively working on patch 4 would be a pure speculation. smile

N
N
That were not the words i wanted to hear wink

Nevertheless we have to stay patient smile

addict
addict
Just checking in on everyone's mental wellness who thought that something was coming three weeks ago.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

addict
addict
Oh you guys are really excited~

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Ready for another three weeks waiting !

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Naginata
OCan you deduce anything from the upload and the process for patch 3, how long it will take until patch 4 is available

From what I remember of patch 3, there were updates on a more-or-less daily basis, followed by a long stretch of no activity, followed by an announcement, followed - a week later - by the actual patch.

So... March?

N
N
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
OCan you deduce anything from the upload and the process for patch 3, how long it will take until patch 4 is available

From what I remember of patch 3, there were updates on a more-or-less daily basis, followed by a long stretch of no activity, followed by an announcement, followed - a week later - by the actual patch.

So... March?

I'm starting to fear that you might be right

D
D
OK, my speculation: OS X depots being changed now should probably mean finishing touches, as generally the pattern (as per history https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/history/ ) so far has been lots of updates to Windows depots with OS X depots coming very close before release (of either a patch or a hotfix).

That being said, I really should find something more useful to procrastinate on... smile

Last edited by DiDiDi; 26/01/21 03:48 PM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I hate you all. Now I am the one procrastinating trying to understand what depots and all the stuff in those directories mean. :PRRRRR

summer2020_loca 8 minutes ago !

veteran
veteran

So... March?
Let's set things straight here: there's no a consistent pattern to rely on.
Any day could be the good one but at the same time no amount of branch updates on SteamDB should EVER be considered conclusive proof that a patch is imminent.
The only discriminating factor is how Larian will feel about the state of what they uploaded.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Originally Posted by Tuco

So... March?
Any day could be the good one but at the same time no amount of branch updates on SteamDB should EVER be considered conclusive proof that a patch is imminent.
The only discriminating factor is how Larian will feel about the state of what they uploaded.

Not that sure.
Summer2020_loca update was reported 30 November, patch 3 public 2 December. So it might be a good indicator.
Only future will tell.

D
D
Originally Posted by Tuco
I don't think anyone here considers steamdb history to be any kind of proof of anything. It IS all speculation. smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DiDiDi
[quote=Tuco]
I don't think anyone here considers steamdb history to be any kind of proof of anything. It IS all speculation. smile
Well, I was clearly addressing someone who was speculating on the assumption of a fixed pattern.
That's precisely where my objection focuses: anyone looking for consistency in these releases is probably bound to disappointment. Every single patch will most likely be a story on its own.

Chances are not even Larian knows exactly when the patch is going to release up until the point where it turns out to be stable enough to... well, release it.

Last edited by Tuco; 26/01/21 06:33 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
You know, sometimes people are happy to speculate. And we are many speculators here.
"Chances are..." (your words) is also speculation btw ^^

if you monitor this page, you will see that there is lots of activities going on. Look at "Last Record Update" and hit refresh from time to time, if that help some people excitement :
https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/depots/?branch=patch4

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
veteran
veteran
And now we are going in loop.

[Linked Image from i0.wp.com]

old hand
old hand
They're watching us.

Also, nature is now working against us. I blame all those folks who sided against the druids.

T
Banned
Banned
T
They're watching us.

Also, nature is now working against us. I blame all those folks who sided against the druids.
A. I do not have Twitter account and will not create such. If you think I am retard due to that I am pretty sure I use some kind of service you do not use there are so many platforms nowadays including also Chinese like Tik Tok. Yes I like Belly Delphine though I have never bought any of her products. Tik Tok is banned in USA? I live in Europe and for example prostitution is legal in my country!
B. Yes I can passively read what is there since you linked.

Who is against Nature and Druids?
Yes Druids are not yet in the game as playable class for players to choose, but I am pretty sure they will be included in the full game at release that would make sense and they are in Players Handbook DD5th edition.

Do I have any information about what patch 4 will include? No absolutely nothing.
Do I know when is BG3 full release? No I do not know, but my best guess would be like between October 2021-Mars 2022 though that is also a guess.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 31/01/21 01:04 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard