Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hopefully this isn’t covered elsewhere on the forum.
In the defiled temple, in the room opposite the ogre giant priestess, you can break the floor.
I’m curious as to whether there’s anything good down there? I guess it’s another way to get to the underdark? And I suppose I’d need featherfall?

old hand
old hand
Try it and report back!

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
The floor is destructible, and leads down to an alternate way into the spider den below the main area.
(If you come in from this way, you can get into dialogues with either of the two spiders and make friends with one of them... however this also seems to be buggy, since, depending on how the dialogue goes, you'll end up hostile with one spider and neutral with the other - which leads to them attacking each other instead. It's a bit... weird.)

I believe the intention is that, if you get into a fight with the ogre, she can end up shattering the floor in the course of the fight, if you're in the wrong place - it's meant to create a kind of dynamic environment feeling, I think, but it doesn't really work very well at the moment.

Further more, if you break the floor before talking to priestess Gut, and you go through with the whole prisoner of Gut sequence, the scene bugs out really badly because there's no floor where the scene is meant to be playing.

Last edited by Niara; 27/01/21 01:33 PM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ohhhh it leads there! I didn’t have the gumption to go through the whole scene with Gut, but that does give that room in the defiled temple a purpose - which is great.
Shame it’s a bit buggy at the moment, poor confused spiders haha

Link Copied to Clipboard