Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 39 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 38 39
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Let me recruit her so I can dress her up... Skimpy.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher30
Let me recruit her so I can dress her up... Skimpy.

What color of underwear do you think is more suitable for Minthara? It's brown now. Perhaps black or red would be better?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Alright, the thread is now devolving into the distinctly icky and is becoming less and less about the BG3 game.

I give fair warning that it is teetering on the edge of locking. A reminder that these forums are about Larian's BG3 game. They are not some kind of kink or fetish discussion board.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Alright, the thread is now devolving into the distinctly icky and is becoming less and less about the BG3 game.

I give fair warning that it is teetering on the edge of locking. A reminder that these forums are about Larian's BG3 game. They are not some kind of kink or fetish discussion board.

Ok, we'll do without the ability to change the companions' underwear. Let's refrain from drow fetish and kink in this thread

Let's discuss her personal quests. What should they be?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Ok, we'll do without the ability to change the companions' underwear. Let's refrain from drow fetish and kink in this thread

Get her to ditch her god, maybe.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

Good option: Eilistraee for the arch of redemption ideal
(I will not post pictures of drow Eilistraee here so that the moderators do not close the topic, but you can use Google)
A way to show the good side of Minthara and a guaranteed happy ending.
I think it would be very nice, Eilistraee is able to protect Minthara and help her be happy better than the Absolute.

Neutral option (can be either evil or good) - our own way. For example, Loviavar or some neutral God. Or she can change class from cleric to warrior. I think the developers will do better than us

Evil option to stay with the Absolute (we don't know what it is). Maybe she's not that bad and might offer us an interesting law-evil walkthrough?

Super evil option - Lolth, who will demand to kill her for betrayal. Or she can demand to kill MC in a terrifyingly dramatic scene where Minthara commits suicide to disobey orders, and not turn into a drider (if MC romance her)
After that, I think many Lolth drow lovers would have understood better the Lolth specificity and made the right conclusions. The best way to show what a monster she is.

addict
addict
To be clear, I don't think Minthara needs an arc where she changes to "good" or "neutral" using the definitions I provided earlier.

However, I think her evilness (ie selfishness) can be redirected towards good ends and that there could be a place for her in a good party, and perhaps she will even become "good" in the limited sense that she is willing to give up her life for her colleagues. (Layers!)

She could become a better kind of evil. smile

I used the example of Morrigan from Dragon Age earlier, but Morrigan's alignment never really changed. All that happened is that she revealed she's not as malicious as you initially think.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Ayvah
I used the example of Morrigan from Dragon Age earlier, but Morrigan's alignment never really changed. All that happened is that she revealed she's not as malicious as you initially think.

I think you are right, but there are some differences. Morrigan was never a servant of an evil God who dictated his will to her.

Minthara's personality it seems typical of the drow, she is proud, cruel, strives for power, but if you get to know her better, she had no choice, since she grew up in Menzoberranzan and was raised in such a society. And despite this, she really did not like Lolth's excessive cruelty, which goes beyond the usual rational selfish cruelty, in an attempt to get away from which she had the failure to choose the Absolute that makes her do the same. She is not happy with this, it seems as if she has no choice and just trying to have fun, which she does very badly (this is confirmed by some dialogues after trying to kill MC).

Her character will not change too much, but what alternative we can offer her depends on our decisions. It has the potential for various solutions. She can be quite happy with Eilistraee (although she will never be kind and modest, but she can stop receiving evil orders, stop suppressing sentimentality and affection for friends and loved ones), and with Loviavar or other Gods, and without God at all if in the person of the Main Character he gets a strong ally in order to be able to afford it

veteran
veteran
I hope, you realise that Loviatar is a lawful evil goddess. So that would make Minthara change one evil goddess for another - not much of an redemption arc there.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by fylimar
I hope, you realise that Loviatar is a lawful evil goddess. So that would make Minthara change one evil goddess for another - not much of an redemption arc there.

Of course! But if she will be free of the tadpole, she will need a new God as a cleric. Unless the developers decide to change she class after that
Eilistraee was an example of the arc of redemption, Loviavar - if the player is comfortable with the lawful evil playstyle.
I remembered about her because her priest is in the goblin camp, it can be any evil or neutral God
It's hard to say when we don't know the developers' plans

veteran
veteran

Of course! But if she will be free of the tadpole, she will need a new God as a cleric. Unless the developers decide to change she class after that
Eilistraee was an example of the arc of redemption, Loviavar - if the player is comfortable with the lawful evil playstyle.
I remembered about her because her priest is in the goblin camp, it can be any evil or neutral God

It's Loviatar, not Loviatar (now I feel like Hermione - Leviosa)

Doctor Who
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

Oh, I love Harry Potter too

veteran
veteran

Oh, I love Harry Potter too

Then you know the scene 'It' s Leviooosa, not Leviosaaaa'. Since Loviatar/Loviava sounds similar, I had a bit of a laugh, when I wrote this (was ist seeing that priest saying 'it's Loviatar, not Loviavar).

Sorry for the off topic. Please continue with the topic, I just had a bit of fun.

Doctor Who
S
journeyman
journeyman
S

Good option: Eilistraee for the arch of redemption ideal
(I will not post pictures of drow Eilistraee here so that the moderators do not close the topic, but you can use Google)
A way to show the good side of Minthara and a guaranteed happy ending.
I think it would be very nice, Eilistraee is able to protect Minthara and help her be happy better than the Absolute.

Neutral option (can be either evil or good) - our own way. For example, Loviavar or some neutral God. Or she can change class from cleric to warrior. I think the developers will do better than us

Evil option to stay with the Absolute (we don't know what it is). Maybe she's not that bad and might offer us an interesting law-evil walkthrough?

Super evil option - Lolth, who will demand to kill her for betrayal. Or she can demand to kill MC in a terrifyingly dramatic scene where Minthara commits suicide to disobey orders, and not turn into a drider (if MC romance her)
After that, I think many Lolth drow lovers would have understood better the Lolth specificity and made the right conclusions. The best way to show what a monster she is.

Vhaeraun is the drow god I want represented. Let me play drow traitor priestess.

That said, I don't think any of this needs to be tied to a ''redemption'''.

Last edited by Soulcatcher30; 29/01/21 08:55 AM.
old hand
old hand
Vhaeraun is the drow god I want represented. Let me play drow traitor priestess.
This would be awesome. Not sure why they left him out in the first place.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
That said, I don't think any of this needs to be tied to a ''redemption'''.

Oh, well, if Minthara became a cleric of Eilistraee, but at the same time remained the same proud b**ch who loves power, just a little softer, not killing innocent (except minions and enemies ) and fought not with druids, but with the cult of Lolth. It would be fun gameplay. I think Eilistraee could help her feel free to her feelings, and find harmony with herself, it would not contradict her personality. Can this be called the arch of redemption in the classical sense? No, but I want

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Zarna

I don't know, but drow religions are represented weirdly. Maybe it's something to do with all those retcons that were done to them too, I really don't like what was done to Vhaeraun and Eilistraee in some editions.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Zarna

I don't know, but drow religions are represented weirdly. Maybe it's something to do with all those retcons that were done to them too, I really don't like what was done to Vhaeraun and Eilistraee in some editions.
Vhaeraun looks like an interesting option too, but all of its clerics are men ...

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I never got this cast scene even once in two passes, since I killed the Tiffling leader immediately.

And Minthara is very cool as the evil boss lady, so the arc of redemption should only be optional - I like to play as lawful-evil and she is beautiful as a villain.

I just want to complete the game twice for good and for evil, but both times romance Minthara

old hand
old hand
I think they added Eilistraee because she is the popular one. They did do a lot of strange stuff with these deities but since they are both alive now I wish to also have Vhaeraun as an option

Vhaeraun looks like an interesting option too, but all of its clerics are men ...
You can follow him as something other than a cleric and women also follow him. There may still be masked traitors in 5e, with these you can have your female cleric.

Page 19 of 39 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard