Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
It looks like I'm stuck in the game. The moon puzzle has parts missing. In the screenshot below, you see there's a full moon missing at the top left.
But as I turn the wheels, other moons go missing and reappear, but I never have a full set.
Sometimes it looks like there are two moons on top of eachother, as its image flickers between black and white.
What now. Game over ?

[Linked Image from images2.imagebam.com]

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
The visual effect happens to me too, but the puzzle can be solved anyway. Supposedly, you can also pick the lock to open the way, but I don't know where it is. Ultimate backup: you pass near the tunnel on the way into that room. You should be able to jump there with Feather Fall.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I think a reload from an older game may fix the flickering textures? I had this issue too on one playthrough - I can't remeber if I was able to fix it. On my first playthrough , I picked the lock anyway - just walk carefully around the map triggering perception checks and you should find it. I sometimes can't be bothered with puzzles, so I am glad they provided that as an alternative.

The lock is one of the rings near the side that exits to the Underdark. Can't remember precisely where, but just walk about and its hould show that you've spotted something. I think the open check is quite hard though....spells like guidance can help with that.

ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thanks for the info. I found the locked lever, but to my great astonishment, all my thieves tools have gone, so there's no one who can pick this lock.
Not long ago, I had at least 2 lockpicking tools set per person, and I cannot remember having missed 8 lockpicks. Another great mistery.

I went back to an old save and will try if I can do the puzzle again. This old save also has no lockpicking tools anymore, so hope it works.

A
A
There are also (at least) three other entry points to the Underdark.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Adiktus
There are also (at least) three other entry points to the Underdark.

Where's the third? I know about...

Auntie Ethel's and the spider cave. Those and the Defiled Temple to the Underdark Fort are the only ones I know of.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
A glowing hole in Whispering Depth, under the Blighted Village. Practically, you have to fight the first spiders and ettercaps before you can get to it. And then it puts you down near the hook horrors. Not recommended.
A concealed area in the Zhentarim Hideout, to the left of the treasure rooms. If the Zhentarim catch you entering, they will fight. The area you land in is safe, but you have to deal with the minotaurs (and traps) to get further.
The mushroom portal near the back area of the Riverside Teahouse. I think this might need to be activated from the other side first. The area is safe except for environmental hazards.
The Defiled Temple, through the puzzle room. The area you land in is safe, but you have to deal with the minotaurs or the bulette to get out. (And the temple's own defenses.)

A
A
The Zhent one is the one the fewest people have found. It's pretty tough to find as there are no obvious indicators, unless you count a wolf guarding a wall.

Link Copied to Clipboard