Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
H
It's just something I am curious about. Of course the game couldn't include everything with all the suggestions around with resources and time limitation, but if they have to leave out stuffs that could be brought in as DLC, what would people want?

Personally, I prefer a DLC campaign itself, maybe with more companions added, they could even add in more playable races. Some of the requests are to have more companions or playable races or more classes and spells. As far as development goes, they couldn't include everything, but they are things that seem to be possible to be added in post release contents as they work on more contents for post-game. That is why I hope there is no stupid cut content that is released right alongside the game such as DLC clothing and classes that are available on the game itself that cut to sell as DLC.

Last edited by Hilarian; 26/01/21 08:30 PM.
veteran
veteran
The only content I could buy for a game is a real add-on including new areas + new quests + new NPC + new items, + ...

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
If it had to be, artificer with relevant companions and all currently released subclasses (and maybe warforged) would be something that could be DLC. I'd rather they just implement all the spells from DnD Beyond instead of locking any behind DLC. As much as I would not want it to be locked away, additional race choices could be DLC bringing in a relevant companion and such. Ideally, I do not want them to cut anything mostly finished/partially finished to repackage as paid dlc and partially finished stuff implemented as free updates.

On stuff I would actually like as DLC, perhaps a side campaign in Waterdeep or heading to another plane like an adventure in the City of Brass with new characters, companions, and items.

Silvermoon, Silver Marches, High Forest...
Tashas new rules and subclasses
Travels with random encounters
Managing a castle

enthusiast
enthusiast
New races and classes

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
G
addict
addict
G
Not really interested in DLC. Include things in the game or don't.

addict
addict
More content with companions. More details in our relationship. More quests.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
The responses are all over the board. I think we can just say "more".

Personally: New areas with things to explore and experiment with. That includes companions, items, enemies, abilities, etc. So, once again, just "more".

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I believe the question it not quite what we want ... since we all know deep down that we want everything. :-/
But what we are willing to do without ...

For me i could imagine DLC that dont contain any new Races, or Classes and yet it might be at least interesting ...
On the other hand i cant quite imagine myself buying DLC that dont contain any story, or additional zones ...

So in conclusion ...
The more we get, the more reasons to buy it ... as long as it keeps things interesting.

And there is one more thing i wish to say ... in matter of DLCs, if Larian ever decide to create some, for Gods sake, please dont add there any gamebreaking overpowered items. -_-
There is nothing stupider and lazyer than if rusty broken sword from DLC have double stats than best sword from base game. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 26/01/21 11:24 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
M
M
Kinda depends heavenly on what the final game turns out to be.
In case the game stays for the most part as it currently is, I would like to see a free "True-to-D&D'LC"...

Sorry, couldn't resist the pun.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I believe the question it not quite what we want ... since we all know deep down that we want everything. :-/
But what we are willing to do without ...

For me i could imagine DLC that dont contain any new Races, or Classes and yet it might be at least interesting ...
On the other hand i cant quite imagine myself buying DLC that dont contain any story, or additional zones ...

So in conclusion ...
The more we get, the more reasons to buy it ... as long as it keeps things interesting.

And there is one more thing i wish to say ... in matter of DLCs, if Larian ever decide to create some, for Gods sake, please dont add there any gamebreaking overpowered items. -_-
There is nothing stupider and lazyer than if rusty broken sword from DLC have double stats than best sword from base game. :-/

Mm, wouldn't want them to add something that is essentially buy this dlc to beat the game easily, though maybe the DLC should be scaled to whatever level it is supposed to be done at, so say the DLC is intended to be level 12 there could be +3 stuff there BUT due to how high of a level it is, it would be damn hard for a low level character to get that stuff without ballsy creativity and luck, which would probably mean that they could have done any encounter without a +3 weapon.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I don't think Larian's actually ever released a content DLC in their entire lifetime as a company, not sure if they will start now (and I'm not sure if I want them to).

They've done full "definition edition" updates (usually linked with a console re-release), and the one time they had additional content was the Flame of Vengeance expansion for Divinity 2 (Ego Draconis) when expansion packs were still a thing.

veteran
veteran
I would like an expansion. If that is not possible, I would like shorter dlcs that add new story and areas, and can be played after the main game.

old hand
old hand
Horse armour

Optimistically Apocalyptic
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dexai
Horse armour

But no horses - just the armor!!

old hand
old hand
PvP arena

More content and new areas, also including level cap increase

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Mm, wouldn't want them to add something that is essentially buy this dlc to beat the game easily, though maybe the DLC should be scaled to whatever level it is supposed to be done at, so say the DLC is intended to be level 12 there could be +3 stuff there BUT due to how high of a level it is, it would be damn hard for a low level character to get that stuff without ballsy creativity and luck, which would probably mean that they could have done any encounter without a +3 weapon.
Dunno ...
I had in mind Dragon Age: Inquision when i writed that ... there was quite nice crafting system, where all armors you learned were just blue prints and was as strong as the materials you used for them ... so naturaly, as you progressed you get to more rare materials, and potentialy could create better armors and weapons.
And then DLC came up ... sudently all blue prints from that DLC was more powerfull with same material used. :-/
And even funier was when another DLC came up ... and the same story repeated itself. :-/

So if you have max +2 weapons in base game, and you wish to add +3 weapons to DLC ...
I believe you should either re-design rest of the base game, so people need that +3 weapons to finish it, or even better put that DLC after main story is finished.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
More Races, Companions, and Campaigns.
That's really all that needs to be added.

old hand
old hand
Endless tower dungeon, new dlc locations, & a ridable donkey with additional carry capacity for my halflings.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by fallenj
Endless tower dungeon, new dlc locations, & a ridable donkey with additional carry capacity for my halflings.

Tbh, I'd rather mounts to not be DLC but implemented as class features or an ability like the Ranger Companion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard