Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#754248 31/01/21 12:14 AM
Plato82 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Mod edit: title changed for reasons of good taste. Old title, "No fat chicks!"

There seems to be very little variety in body types per race. I would like to see some overweight models, buffed ones, slender ones and perhaps maybe some deformities or missing limbs. This makes the world and it's inhabitants a little bit richer and even more believable imho.

Last edited by Sadurian; 31/01/21 03:12 PM.
old hand
old hand
Yup!!!

old hand
old hand
Missing teeth, scares, & burn marks.

addict
addict
I like the sentiment, and I understand the subject name is meant to be ironic, but I still think it might be best to choose a more tactful subject name.

Ayvah #754257 31/01/21 01:14 AM
E
addict
addict
E
Originally Posted by Ayvah
I like the sentiment, and I understand the subject name is meant to be ironic, but I still think it might be best to choose a more tactful subject name.

Indeed, the title of the thread can be a little misleading before reading the content of the post itself. But anyway, totally agree with the premise.

I said as much as in my feedback:

More body shapes, cosmetic options for scars, single horns (ie. teiflings with 1 broken horn), jewellery, eye patches, scars, etc etc.

Banned
Banned
On other websites I would feel this to be a political correctness trolling post but not this time. ; )

° Slender
° Thicc/Chubby
° Muscular

and a slider for height would be nice.
Don't think we will get it though.
Just a feeling.

old hand
old hand
More variety and options is a good thing, I agree greatly.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Well, I doubt it would happen for player characters. Different body types are a nightmare to put in the game where the player character interact with other characters and objects. It works in games where they don't have to touch anyone or anything. Remember that every time you mod and replace the character with another character of different shape or size, there tend to be clipping issues and objects going inside the characters' body. More variety and options are good, but in this case, it would be a very complex thing to take into account for the rest of the game for these types of games. It was also a point that was brought up by Dragon Age Inquisition.

As for NPC, it would be fine, but we are running into creating new assets. They would likely need to create new animations, new skeletons, etc. I would support it if it doesn't cost too much. It wouldn't just be the body type, they would need to make changes to clothes and other assets as well. I put it down as something that would be nice if they have extra time.

Last edited by Hilarian; 31/01/21 05:31 AM.
old hand
old hand
I doubt we will have sliders. Hoping they will add a few body sizes though, at least one for slender, average, muscular and fat. Maybe vertical options too, short, medium and tall. Also want scars and more hair types, namely a mohawk.

Different body weight is something that I desperately want, it would be nice to play either a super muscular halfling or a cute chubby elf, it would certainly add more dimension and diversity to the game!

Yet I do understand that it would take longer and there might be clipping issues and such! But who knows what Larian has planned

(The title of this thread shocked me but thank goodness it didnt go down the way I thought XD)

Ayvah #754303 31/01/21 03:15 PM
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Ayvah
I agree and have changed the thread title.

I understand, OP, that you were trying to make an impact, but your original title's wording has a long history of being offensive and is inappropriate.

Glad the title was changed! Didn't want to participate at first, despite agreeing. I love playing heavy characters that look like weight lifters and have a more realistic "wrestler" body type. The closest thing to that is Halsin's body type, and I really would like it for player characters, and a female version that looks beefy for the Barbarian class.

Solasta Cotm can adjust body type slim-buffed but for paladin and fighter only afaik.

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
I'm always for more options built into the base game.

Myself I'd like sliders for more than just the body type. Personally I find the faces bland and boring without being able to adjust the facial structure. Everyone be it npc or MC looks basically the same to me since there are a limited number of face presets.

However this is one area I especially expect to see modded rather quickly come release and full modder's tools. Those who modded their Fallout games are probably familiar with the mods Better Bodies and Body Slider. Even if you didn't care for nudity in your game, you may have been using those mods since they allowed players more customization options and could be used to morph armor/clothing/etc to fit whatever body you selected.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by fallenj
I'd love scars myself, burn or blade.

OcO #754391 01/02/21 03:14 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by OcO
I'm always for more options built into the base game.

Myself I'd like sliders for more than just the body type. Personally I find the faces bland and boring without being able to adjust the facial structure. Everyone be it npc or MC looks basically the same to me since there are a limited number of face presets.

However this is one area I especially expect to see modded rather quickly come release and full modder's tools. Those who modded their Fallout games are probably familiar with the mods Better Bodies and Body Slider. Even if you didn't care for nudity in your game, you may have been using those mods since they allowed players more customization options and could be used to morph armor/clothing/etc to fit whatever body you selected.

I tend to like Sliders too. While they have the potential to allow people to create monsters of beings that couldn't be considered alive or even cause clipping issues as things are taken to an extreme, it also allows for a massive amount of customization and control in the players hand. With a careful hand, a player can create their ideal adventurer through sliders.
Additionally, while sliders can have issues, people tend to expect those issues as part and parcel with the mechanic meaning they'd likely not need to worry too much about clipping issues if there is a body type slider (even if I would prefer it not become an issue).

Plato82 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
It would be great if we can adjust the Player Characters with sliders. But if that's too much of a hassle because of clipping issues etc., I would also settle that they fill the world with NPC's that have a varierty of body types and imperfect features. Faerûn is a rough world and it's just not very plausible that every character we talk to is of the same body type, has clean teeth and perfect skin.

I would love to be able to adjust both height and weight on my character. (Within racial limitations of course. No 6′2″ halflings)

N
N
+1 for more diverse character models/bodies for pcs and npcs

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
Originally Posted by fallenj
I'd love scars myself, burn or blade.

Thanks for the spelling error fix and yes burn marks are scars. I did this on purpose though since most of the time in video games they only go for cuts and slash marks, not burns.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard