Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#754436 01/02/21 09:06 AM
OP Offline
My daughter (13 years old the 7th of February) has some dream about Laezel's fate...
(she is an unconditional fan of BG3 - not disappointed like me so far)

She is fascinated by Laezel, and she suspects her to be a hidden gith princess, who will become a knight, and eventually ride a red dragon.
She also hopes that Laezel will enlighten her own kind and lead to a revolution by exposing Vlaakith's true evil nature (the lich-queen is killing Githyanki that had risen above character level 16, among other villainies).

Voilà, it had to be said.

Did you foresee anything in the future for Laezel ?

Last edited by Lunar Dante; 01/02/21 09:23 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, I think with the amount of devotion Laezel has towards Vlaakith she will one day be her food.

Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
My daughter (13 years old the 7th of February) has some dream about Laezel's fate...

She is fascinated by Laezel, and she suspects her to be a hidden gith princess, who will become a knight, and eventually ride a red dragon.
She also hopes that Laezel will enlighten her own kind and lead to a revolution by exposing Vlaakith's true evil nature (the lich-queen is killing Githyanki that had risen above character level 16, among other villainies).

Not gonna lie, I have the same thoughts as your 13 year old! And just as obsessed with Lae! Lol! I'm getting major 'Wrex' (from Mass Effect - he was one of my favorite characters, and to a lesser extent proto-Wrex in Canderous in KOTOR) vibes from Lae'zel. In the sense that I don't think she'll just become a knight, I think that with the artifact, and eventually learning something about the origins of the current Vlaakith and what will happen if/when Lae'zel reaches a certain level of honor, I'm thinking Lae'zel will do exactly as you said: lead a revolution and expose Vlaakith. The seed is already there for it with the Gith Patrol.

A lot of people speculate that Lae'zel is royal, especially with how the Kith'rak reacts to her name and what Lae'zel says about her own nose, but I think that it's more hints that she has the potential to be royal. In my current run, I have her at Very High affinity while also avoiding the few dialogue options to encourage her devotion to her queen. I'm wondering if these will become later dialogue flags on whether Lae stays devoted to Vlaakith instead of just devoted to the Gith.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Anything that gets her away from lich girl is a step up in my eyes. I read that their is a third hidden gith faction in addition to yanki and zari that specialize in infiltration, but I doubt Larian will take that route. Revolution seems the most likely.

D
D
Ah, fan fiction strikes again! smile

No, Lae'zel is perfect as the fantasy Nazi she is, just like vast majority of all Githyanki. Not everyone has to have a redemption arc, you know... There should be more good/neutral companions in the future.

There is more than enough of super special snowflakes in BG3 as it is.

Maybe if you actually play her as your MC, still not sure how exactly is Larian going to handle that - will it be possible to play good-aligned Astarion that way? I hope not, but...

OP Offline
Originally Posted by AvatarOfSHODAN

Not gonna lie, I have the same thoughts as your 13 year old! And just as obsessed with Lae! Lol! I'm getting major 'Wrex' (from Mass Effect - he was one of my favorite characters, and to a lesser extent proto-Wrex in Canderous in KOTOR) vibes from Lae'zel. In the sense that I don't think she'll just become a knight, I think that with the artifact, and eventually learning something about the origins of the current Vlaakith and what will happen if/when Lae'zel reaches a certain level of honor, I'm thinking Lae'zel will do exactly as you said: lead a revolution and expose Vlaakith. The seed is already there for it with the Gith Patrol.

A lot of people speculate that Lae'zel is royal, especially with how the Kith'rak reacts to her name and what Lae'zel says about her own nose, but I think that it's more hints that she has the potential to be royal. In my current run, I have her at Very High affinity while also avoiding the few dialogue options to encourage her devotion to her queen. I'm wondering if these will become later dialogue flags on whether Lae stays devoted to Vlaakith instead of just devoted to the Gith.

Well, thank you, I can tell you that my daughter is happy wink

D
addict
addict
D
Can Larian really put a "destroy Vlaakith" plot in BG3? Remember, they do not have editorial control over the entire Forgotten Realms!

I think this is similar to Kaelyn the Dove's crusade against the Wall in Mask of the Betrayer... she couldn't actually destroy it no matter how much she (and I!) wanted to because that major a change to Forgotten Realms was not part of the purview of the title.

I have to imagine a plot to overthrow Vlaakith would deserve an entire game/book, and could not be a side plot.

Last edited by dwig; 01/02/21 05:17 PM.
dwig #754495 01/02/21 06:23 PM
L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by dwig
Can Larian really put a "destroy Vlaakith" plot in BG3? Remember, they do not have editorial control over the entire Forgotten Realms!

I think this is similar to Kaelyn the Dove's crusade against the Wall in Mask of the Betrayer... she couldn't actually destroy it no matter how much she (and I!) wanted to because that major a change to Forgotten Realms was not part of the purview of the title.

I have to imagine a plot to overthrow Vlaakith would deserve an entire game/book, and could not be a side plot.
Which is ironic considering WoTC quietly scrubbed mention of the Wall from canon relatively recently.

On the other hand, Storm of Zehir was used to introduce a new deity to the Yuan-Ti pantheon IIRC, and of course, the original Baldurs' Gate games used the Time of Troubles as a backdrop for its Bhaalspawn story, and eventually spawned the 'Murder in Baldur's Gate' adventure which brought back Bhaal. So I wouldn't put it off the table.

Descent into Avernus IIRC was supposed to be sort of a prequel to BG III IIRC. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some major story events were tied to BG III or vice versa. The story is already waving a bunch of important, high-level setting stuff underneath our noses in the early parts of chapter one. Multiple deities, the Nine Hells, the Netherese, Vlaakith, Spelljamming mindflayers, etc. It almost can't evolve into something epic and realm-shaking at this point, because it's already halfway there!

old hand
old hand

But the game is 18+, then you don't need to make topics about what you don't want to see sex and violence in the game. You were warned.

On the subject: I think Laezel will get his own dragon friend and be happy

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
OP Offline
Lol. My daughter has read all of the Iron Throne (all books) and played Skyrim. And has begun a BG3 session.
Good news for the dragon, we need to be happy !

Originally Posted by DiDiDi
Ah, fan fiction strikes again! smile

No, Lae'zel is perfect as the fantasy Nazi she is, just like vast majority of all Githyanki. Not everyone has to have a redemption arc, you know... There should be more good/neutral companions in the future.

There is more than enough of super special snowflakes in BG3 as it is.

Maybe if you actually play her as your MC, still not sure how exactly is Larian going to handle that - will it be possible to play good-aligned Astarion that way? I hope not, but...
Hey, if we can possibly make Astarion a master vampire, we can make Lae'zel a warlord and cause further issues for the realms. What I'm proposing doesn't have to be a redemption arc with a change in morality. I'm more invested in seeing her simply rise to some sort of prominence, as "is her due".

Although I suppose having my cake and eat it too would be having her rise to prominence and not be inevitably absorbed by the Lich Queen. What's undeniable is that Lae'zel's devotion and desire to be an honored soldier of Vlaakith is her storyline, and she already is coming at odds with it in the EA part of the game. You might simply have a choice to encourage her devotion or encourage her separation, although if you encourage her devotion it will probably set up to her betraying you and having to kill her. But I also don't want her neutered in the route if you dissuade her. I don't want her to become some monastic gish, which is possible, but it's the complete opposite of her character. Having Lae'zel become some leader of some sort against the mindflayers in a temporary "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of situation might allow things to be kept within lore and keep her alive. I like the writing so far and speculating, but believe me, I'm prepared to be either pleased or disappointed.

Originally Posted by dwig

Yeah, who knows how far they can take it - especially with whatever they decide for the game's level cap to be. I also think it might hinge on what exactly the Artifact is and whether it is related to FR lore.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy

But the game is 18+, then you don't need to make topics about what you don't want to see sex and violence in the game. You were warned.

On the subject: I think Laezel will get his own dragon friend and be happy

I'll never forget that one time some guy posted in the forums about their kid getting sexually harassed by Lae'zel into her romance scene. Parents have been duly warned.

Last edited by AvatarOfSHODAN; 01/02/21 06:53 PM.
OP Offline
Yeah, who knows how far they can take it - especially with whatever they decide for the game's level cap to be. I also think it might hinge on what exactly the Artifact is and whether it is related to FR lore.

Is'nt it the Silver Sword of Gith ?

S
addict
addict
S

It’s the Hellraiser puzzle box that everyone’s favorite half elf is carrying around.

OP Offline
Oh, lol, this one, yes, so Hellraiser like indeed !

D
D
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

It’s the Hellraiser puzzle box that everyone’s favorite half elf is carrying around.
I'd actually love something like that. It would even make a lot of sense for it to be important to evil goddess or lich queen.

DiDiDi #754545 02/02/21 02:42 AM
D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by DiDiDi
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

I'd actually love something like that. It would even make a lot of sense for it to be important to evil goddess or lich queen.

Vlaakith's phylactery?

I would expect some rehabilitation path in the game where she becomes less insufferable. Pet dragon? May be in a sequel or DLC.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
I would expect some rehabilitation path in the game where she becomes less insufferable. Pet dragon? May be in a sequel or DLC.
Not a Pet dragon, but a DRAGON FRIEND!
This is Laezel's fate, her happiness and destiny
[Linked Image from d.radikal.ru]
[Linked Image from i.rutab.net]
[Linked Image from a.radikal.ru]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
OP Offline
My, great ! This is wonderful, thank you, I am going to show this to my daughter after school, and I am sure she will smile from ear to ear !
<3

Your daughter has some good taste in characters!
Lots of people around here seem to really dislike Lae'zel but she's my favorite party member by a mile. I even started a playthrough as a gith just to give this absolute Queen the loyal knight she deserves XD

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard