Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
N
this might just be me, but on one hand - great! glad we got some communication regarding the next patch. on the other hand, i wish larians style of communication/updates didnt make me feel like i was being patronized, lol.

excited and looking forward to more news tho!

LOL, on twitter they indicated that "Coming Soon" is a TM

old hand
old hand
A "TM"?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Dexai #753941 29/01/21 09:57 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by Dexai
A "TM"?
Trademark™️

acatlas Offline OP
OP Offline
news = in 2 months we will give you actual news

Well, in the list of topics we could add regarding improvements, it might be relationship and communication with the community. It is becoming really cold (and the argument of : "hey, they only did 60 millions dollars in sales for launching, they might loose some ressources on the development if they talk to us" or covid, or flood, well no, it is a choice they made. And it is a sad choice.

veteran
veteran
Disagree ... its a best choice they could made.
Dont say > show.

Golden rule of writing ... and its aplicable in here.
Why is there that urge, to see developers write "we hear you" when they create patches, based on our feedback and we can actualy SEE they hear us? O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 02/02/21 09:02 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Dont say > show.

Why is there that urge, to see developers write "we hear you" when they create patches, based on our feedback and we can actualy SEE they hear us? O_o

At the moment they had only fixed 1 major thing asked by the community.
That's cool, but that doesn't mean anything nor give clues to what direction they take for the game.

A weekly summary of what they're working on or an "interview" of their employees (I'm one of the map designer and I'm working on act 2, what I like in my job is blablabla, I really enjoyed working on that concept art of a dungeon blablabla) could help us to stay hyped and could create a link between devs and community.
There are many things they could do to communicate without revealing things that shouldn't be.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 02/02/21 09:25 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
Personally, I would like them to be more open, at least like weekly tweets on progress or what the main focus is on. Keep us in the loop so this goes smooth for everyone. Not saying to make promises or tell us when an update is projected to drop cause likely they don't know, but maybe stuff like "Here is a sneak peak at one of the new companions we are writing" or "Here is us testing possible changes in party management"

Dont say > show.

Well, it is actually an interesting and seducing principle ("show, don't tell"), and I might even agree with you...
The problem is, when you say... "we can actually SEE they hear us"
Well maybe for some minor topics, it is true...
BUT for most major topics, such as D&D 5 rules, and many other subjects detailed on the forum, well, there is nothing to be SEEN and they are just offering silence, after 4 months... so not really an "urge"
So, in this case, the principle is rather :
On most major topics, show nothing, tell nothing during 4 months... (might also be "we do not care about that")
So, please understand it is a legitimate frustration, not an urge

Last edited by Lunar Dante; 02/02/21 09:43 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I don’t understand how the update is in any way patronizing... I mean their work space flooded, they’re working around covid regulations as well as just getting off the holidays, and they’re still putting out a patch relatively quickly. I get wanting a roadmap but for the most part it seems like larian have a decent handle on things.

“But his mind saw nothing of all this. His mind was engaged in a warfare of the gods. His mind paced outwards over no-man's-land, over the fields of the slain, paced to the rhythm of the blood's red bugles. To be alone and evil! To be a god at bay. What was more absolute?”
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
At the moment they had only fixed 1 major thing asked by the community.
That's cool, but that doesn't mean anything nor give clues to what direction they take for the game.
What "one thing" you mean?
Improved character follower movement.
Added an option to hide your helmet in the equipment screen.
Added trajectory preview for force application when using spells.
All characters now correctly stop running when forced turn-based mode is activated.
Companions will now jump to follow the main player character.
Fixed and re-enabled Larian Cross Save between all platforms.
Assorted tweaks to companion approval ratings.
The Combat AI now accounts for falling from jumps.
Changed AI behaviour archetypes for the Boar, Intellect Devourer, and Tiny Spider.
Combat music no longer ends when a character joins combat.
Audio configuration now updates on selection of an option.
In multiplayer, other clients can now hear the dice roll events of a player in dialog.
Decluttered the hotbar UI by allowing selection of upcasted versions of spells with a separate widget.
Improved look of toggle-able Passives that can be added to the hotbar.
Improved some skill tooltips in Character Creation.
Added a tutorial for Inspiration points.
Cinematics: Adjusted emotions and lookats in certain areas.
Cinematics: Camera tweaks and lighting improvements in certain areas.
Cinematics: A large pass of improvements on emotions and attitudes.
Cinematics: Improved fade timings.
Cinematics: Improved blending between poses.
Any dialog associated with a mask will play before equipping it instead of after.
Jumping down a hole now teleports any following characters as well.
Overhauled the sheath/unsheath weapon logic for more consistent behaviour.
Experience is now awarded for avoiding combat and completing smaller side quests.
Added a new sound for rolling initiative in combat.

I wonder if you see what i mean ...
This is reason why i totally get why developers dont talk to us directly ... here are patch notes, and what we said?
"Thanks for almost 30 chages mostly based on our feedback." or "They only changed one major thing." as it seems, since the others was not on "my personal list of demanded MAJOR changes". -_- You are being selfish people. :-/

Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
BUT for most major topics, such as D&D 5 rules, and many other subjects detailed on the forum, well, there is nothing to be SEEN and they are just offering silence, after 4 months... so not really an "urge"
You managed to list one ... if tehre is so many i would expect to see more. laugh
And to be even funnier you choosed that one, that certainly takes a little more time to be implemented. laugh

Also:
DATE: 02.12.2020
COMMUNITY UPDATE #11
How did you manage to squeeze "4 months of silence" into litteraly 62 days? O_o

Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
So, please understand it is a legitimate frustration, not an urge
I dont ... they are working, they are showing us that they are working, and they are showing us that they are working on issues that we pointed out ...
And all you people are showing is complete ignoration of everything that isnt that single issue YOU have pointed out.
That is not legitimate frustration ... that is just being selfish. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 02/02/21 10:26 AM.

veteran
veteran
Half of your list are bug fixes, necessary/obvious improvement and small things...

Not sure a lot of this were especially driven by player's feedback...

If thinking that a toggle to on/off the helmet is a minor tweak... Yes maybe I'm selffish. According to me that's probably one of the only thing that were added because players asked. (And probably the auto jump)....

Last edited by Maximuuus; 02/02/21 10:46 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Again, a personal attack : "selfish"
"They are working" : yes, we know. Thanks to our money. It is not the question.
You are listing almost only minor (or tiny) changes, not a "major" change.
Let's take an example : "Improved character follower movement" : how ? well, we don't SEE it.
"Major" : you can better understand the meaning with the size of the threads and the number of people asking for those changes : I have nothing to demonstrate to you : Larian knows.
Are you working for Larian ?
No ? : well, too bad, what is your constructive feedback ?
The request adressed to Larian is : some hours of empathy to make us feel there is a living community here, not that we are just buyers of the game.
If we are just buyers, then do not be surprised to be gradually considered just as workers, which would be sad.
Exchanging more regularly is also the possibility to build a better reputation among gamers.

addict
addict
I dont ... they are working, they are showing us that they are working, and they are showing us that they are working on issues that we pointed out ...
And all you people are showing is complete ignoration of everything that isnt that single issue YOU have pointed out.
That is not legitimate frustration ... that is just being selfish. :-/

I agree with you, but they also broke the whole game with their latest hot fix and haven't fixed it since. They made a good patch and then immediately a hot fix that broke it...

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Nyloth #754605 02/02/21 04:21 PM
veteran
veteran
Lunar Dante > Im not listing anything ... that was patchnote quote.
And if you wish to see "my constructive feedback" feel free to read all my 645 posts, i bet you find some. laugh

Originally Posted by Nyloth
I agree with you, but they also broke the whole game with their latest hot fix and haven't fixed it since. They made a good patch and then immediately a hot fix that broke it...
True ... but that is part of the process, if you ever were working on some debuging you know what i am talking about ...
It would be nice to get some hotfix fast, but lets not forget about holydays that were there ... after all, we all agreed to play broken unfinished game, so we should not cry its broken and unfinished. :-/

All i say is that we should wait for Patch 4 ...
Swen specificly promised us more changes based on feedback ... then we will see. :P

stranger
stranger
I still can't look up with the camera it's really pissy to have someone work on a very well balanced and beautiful statue and
only give the players the ability to see the statue from a distance. I love the detail not the angle..
seems to be around a 30 degree angle. I zoom in still can't see the 2nd floor, press o for overhead and get lost in floors.
Really if you're going to limit that why have stuff we can't see, I feel like I spent more time fighting with the camera lately than actually playing the game.

Also, can you PLEASE put in a space bar finish to the NPC players sitting and waiting for a spider to decide what it's doing and it times out. I literally start groaning at 16 man fights because it's easily an hr.

crusty 61 lifetime gamer. Have some understanding of the building of games, really admire the artistry.
apprentice
apprentice
Based on comments in this thread I can't imagine why Larian wouldn't want to communicate more.

acatlas Offline OP
OP Offline
Back when they released patch 3 and there was no new content "again new content" as in nothing was added that expanded from the content we already had seen in the game they had stated that content would be coming just after the holidays in the new year. Which would indicate mid January / early February and the idea being we would be seeing teasers of this already. So far we have nothing not 1 new thing has really been added to the game since launch which is a huge disappointment from the expectations they had hinted at without out right saying it. A large number of the signs that are going out indicate like the company bit off more than they can chew and that the game may never get a full release this kind of quiet nature is the same thing a lot of companies do when the company cant deliver on promises made.

I am not one to be skeptical but I am honestly starting to wish I had not bought the early access currently. As I personally am feeling like I probably bought something that may never actually be finished. Yes they have patched content fixed bugs fixed some of the general game problems but a lot of stuff has remained unaddressed and they are not expanding on that content at all even small things. When you compare it to other games coming out / having been released which are coming out with a lot more new content and adding content a lot faster. Solesta, the new pathfinder game. Hell even ashes of creation which is 1-2 years off a live release is showing more content and information than Balders Gate 3 is currently.

The original full game release date was Sept/Oct this year. Which was an expectation they set. Which I can get behind delays stuff happens. I've seen companies be like hey sorry were running behind schedule due to unforseen circumstances. I mean hell Covid-19 is a circumstance that would support the issues. However lack of communication on that is a major fault. No road maps. 0 and i mean 0 new content. In going on 5 months.

As for liking or agreeing with my opinion on it I honestly do not care if you like it dislike it don't agree with it factually during the last patch they said we would see new content coming in the new year. Where is it? Were well past the holidays were heading into mid February without so much as a word of hey were working on showing you any new content. If a studio with 9 people can present more content than a studio with 200 and interact with there own forums more clearly a problem of some sort is present.

Road Map // New Content is needed.

and as for RagnarokCzD - As far as im concerned your just a staff member or a kiss butt praising something clearly almost everyone else posting on the entire thread disagrees with. I don't know why any of you even acknowledge him. Every comment made is just this is great we don't need any new content or anything. No normal person says that stuff unless they are 1 trolling your 2 working for the company and trying to de-escalate opinions of people.

90% of the posts think that something needs to be added.

As for making the game mirror 5E they stated out that gate it wouldn't be exact before the game was released. To defend Larion they said to expect that and like wise to defend the concept its divinity 2 original sin just remade its not. Being built on that engine its going to have some similar feels again they said that before the game was released. There are bugs still as well thats expected not every bug is going to get fixed until after the game goes live and we see 6 months or so before a dlc or something is added. Which 0 Problem paying for DLC content even. However the game does need new base content added weather it be a class or 2 or a race. Or a couple of classes / couple races. More levels to base classes additional chapters something to expand on existing content. Honestly i would expect to see them impliment the full class list and more races before adding more levels or additional chapters first and probably a couple extra npc companions as well. This is again my opinion and its based on logical reasoning of balance testing.

However they want to do it we should be at least getting teasers info on whats being worked on whats done when we can expect possibly seeing more content with specifics instead of just let down expectations with no response at all. There should be someone from the developement team at least taking an hour a day to look at and respond a little on the forums. Giving small updates like hey guys no release date yet were currently working on level 5 of the druid and making it works sorry its taking us a bit but we dont want to release a bugged patch we hope we will have it release on February 18th if things change we will put up a notice on that date. 18th hits they cant release it ... hey we have been having bugs dont want to release a game breaking addition to the game were working on it at this time we will update you more in a week we are also working on the paladin and dragonborn for the next patch coming after this but dont expect more news on this till early april. The week after they release the druid but with a delay. That is the kind of communication you would expect from the company bring a little bit of excitement express concerns that you are sorry your not meeting expectations. I can understand if there are delays problems ect. But when they dont say anything honestly my opinion is not impressed.

----
On a Side note if i was writing a review on the product currently I would say the game has an outstanding base structure to the game however I would not recommend getting the game at this time due to poor communication on the forums from the company and that it may be an unwise investment as due to the lack of expanded content it looks like the game may not get finished based on the lack of communication I would not recommend picking up the game at this time as you might be paying for a game that never gets fully released and once your outside your initial refund period it wont happen. So wait till the developers actually start showing more investment in the game. I was really impressed with the game at release but since release its been gradually getting more and more like why did I bother paying full price for an unfinished product. It went from a 5 star rating to a 1-2 star rating for the game. For all the reasons above.

A
stranger
stranger
A
The lack of patches or even content is not a problem.
The lack of communication is.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard