Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I sneaked into the blighted village through a side entrance and had a fight with 4 goblins, which I defeated. The battle was over. We were back in normal move mode.
Because I had some bad burn damage on a few members, and cast some spells I decided to go to camp and take a long rest to recharge.
When the party appears in camp, they immediately switch to combat mode. Scratch the dog attacks me.
I try the "knock out" on scratch but that doesn't help. With the dog knocked out, we stay in battle mode and there's no way to go to rest.
Then Astarion and Wyll, the 2 remaining camp-dwellers who are not part of the party also attack me. (They stayed neutral while we fought the dog)

What is going on here ?

stranger
stranger
I haven’t had party members or camp NPCs attack my character but I did have scratch go crazy and start attacking the party.
I killed him, I think I got some disapproval but I could be wrong.

ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Yes, because I couldn't end the battle with the dog knocked out, I killed it, and then the two other NPC's attacked.
I saved the game after the goblin battle and reloaded it, but the same thing happens when I go to camp again.
Is this some kind of trick to prevent you from going to rest between goblin battles ? Can't say I like that idea.

stranger
stranger
Hmm I’d say it’s just a bug, I don’t think the devs would introduce such a mechanic.
Not sure how to get around it though, hopefully someone else has had the same experience and has found a way for the NPCs to not attack you.

I long rest between goblin camp fights and I’ve had no troubles, but I didn’t bring scratch to the camp this time around.

Are you playing on patch 3?

ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
It's patch 3 yes.
In my first game, my party was obliterated by the golbins on the roof, in the second one, I entered the village peacefully. Now I tried the guerilla approach, sneaking in through the backdoor to try and get a good posiition. But I don't think I can take the whole horde out in one go without a recharge.

ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Some more tries, as I would really regret to have to kill Scratch.

So, restoring the save once more, I did kill scratch with a critical hit in the first round. Then combat was over and none of the other NPC's attacked.
I tried again, this time Gale had the first initiative. He cast sleep on the dog, and even without any physical attack, the dog falling asleep triggered Astarion, shouting something like "now you get it" -- or something like that, I forgot the exact phrase -- and attacking Gale. Wyll at this time was not yet part of the battle.
I stopped it, I 'm not in the mood to fight my own party. I hope there's a way out.

When I went directly to camp in the day time with a familiar, any party member that was left at camp attacks the group.

This didn't happen with the same familiar when I "ended the day" and got the night camp. Very strange.

Do you have a familiar? Kill them and see if party members attack you at camp afterward. I think the familiar is the issue.

Last edited by AvatarOfSHODAN; 03/02/21 12:40 AM.
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I can confirm it was the familiar that caused the dog attack. (My player character is a ranger and had a raven with him) Without raven, everything was normal. Thanks for the hint !
Sooooo.... Larian forces me to choose to kill either my dog or my raven. frown
When we're in the camp and I summon a familiar there, the dog doesn't mind. confused

Oh yes, I tried one more thing : Send Shadowheart alone to the camp to pet the dog and make him feel at ease, and then follow with the rest of the party, but the dog still attacked.

Last edited by ldo58; 03/02/21 02:50 PM.
A
A
Check the attitude of your other party members towards you. I'm guessing they operate on the same scale as all NPCs - 0 is neutral, anything above that positive, below negative. +100 makes them allies, turning someone from yellow to green, while -X (??) makes them hostile, turning them from yellow to red. Unfortunately the scale is different for party members - you just get "neutral", "medium", "exceptional", etc - but it might give you an idea - if their opinion of you is already low, it won't take much for them to turn on you.

IF THIS IS THE CASE, pet Scratch. With your PC. A lot. Gale, Wyll and Shadowheart (and Astarion? I forget) all approve every time you do it until they max out. Once you get their approval high enough, no screw-up on your part should turn them against you. In theory, anyway.

D
D
Originally Posted by Adiktus
Check the attitude of your other party members towards you. I'm guessing they operate on the same scale as all NPCs - 0 is neutral, anything above that positive, below negative. +100 makes them allies, turning someone from yellow to green, while -X (??) makes them hostile, turning them from yellow to red. Unfortunately the scale is different for party members - you just get "neutral", "medium", "exceptional", etc - but it might give you an idea - if their opinion of you is already low, it won't take much for them to turn on you.

IF THIS IS THE CASE, pet Scratch. With your PC. A lot. Gale, Wyll and Shadowheart (and Astarion? I forget) all approve every time you do it until they max out. Once you get their approval high enough, no screw-up on your part should turn them against you. In theory, anyway.
Nope, Astarion and Lae'zel don't give a crap about living things (except maybe Githyanki and dragons in Lae'zel's case). Lae'zel's infinite approval bug is the well near Teahouse. Haven't found any for Astarion yet.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
There's another thread about this...

Basically, everyone in the world hates imps. The first time Wyll summons on in-party, all the party members get a -5 attitude towards Wyll (standard popup, but it is short). There are other places you can see that having or summoning an imp gives attitude maluses. If you have an imp summoned when going to camp, Scratch pops a -5 attitude towards you and usually attacks.

This happened to me with the Crow.

You just need to kill the familiar before camping.

veteran
veteran
I never had that problem with a familiar. I played a warlock first time and had my familiar always out (imp), Scratch didn't mind at all and I didn't get dissapproval from my companions. With my beastmaster ranger I had also no problems - spider was always out. That is really strange.

Last edited by fylimar; 05/02/21 08:10 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Originally Posted by fylimar
I never had that problem with a familiar. I played a warlock first time and had my familiar always out (imp), Scratch didn't mind at all and I didn't get dissapproval from my companions. With my beastmaster ranger I had also no problems - spider was always out. That is really strange.

Do you fast travel to camp and them sleep? Or the "Go to Camp to end the day?" Gale had been at camp for me in both instances, but only attacked when I directly fast traveled to camp and it was day time.

journeyman
journeyman
Have you tried fast traveling somewhere else first? Like back to the grove. Then try to end the day. See if a change of location resets something.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Animals have reactions too. If you manage to push Scratch's reaction high enough, the negative reaction to the imp isn't enough to push him to attack. But I have no real idea how to do that since the reaction messages are really circumstantial. Lots of petting, maybe?

ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
You can also throw Scratch the squeaky ball and he'll apport it back to you. I suppose this play also helps for bonding.
I tried to throw him a bone also, but he ignores it. Pity I thought I had found a purpose for all these bones.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AvatarOfSHODAN
Originally Posted by fylimar

Do you fast travel to camp and them sleep? Or the "Go to Camp to end the day?" Gale had been at camp for me in both instances, but only attacked when I directly fast traveled to camp and it was day time.

I use the camp button

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
ldo58 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I threw a dried sausage in Scratch's direction. He didn't run to it, but I saw a "+2" rising up from the ground, like when you eat something.
And the sausage had disappeared, so maybe scratch did eat it ... from a distance ?

S
stranger
stranger
S
This still happens as of patch 6... got attacked by Volo (who wasn't even in my camp) the dog and the lich

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard