Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Muffiny Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
[Linked Image]

I came down to the puzzle and tried to solve it earlier in the game, but couldn't be bothered at the time and came back later. However when I came back, all the tiles were missing. When I tried to rotate the pieces, the tiles would telepoprt in and appear, but then teleport into different spots in the other circles if I rotated a different circle, basically causing the whole thing to break.

journeyman
journeyman
This literally just happened to me, and was going to make a post about it. Having the exact same problem.

Moon puzzle worked, I left and came back, now it's doing exactly what you describe.

It kinda looks like the pieces are jumping around.

Last edited by Certheri; 08/10/20 11:01 AM. Reason: added video
stranger
stranger
I had the same issue but i found a secret lever in that room and it opened the door to the underdark for me.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Improvedfurball
I had the same issue but i found a secret lever in that room and it opened the door to the underdark for me.

I believe i've found the same lever in that room, but after interacting
with it nothing happens. Also had the same bug op detailed.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I have a similar issue where some of the tiles are missing. When you activate one circle that has a missing piece, all the other pieces can change position, possibly randomly

stranger
stranger
I am also having this issue, and having to work elsewhere to progress. It does suck though, because I wanted to solve this after finishing up the goblins and returning. Seems it is loading assets over those related puzzle markers on the circles and keeps reloading new ones each time. After going in and out the loading zone twice, they all end up like dirt.

Hopefully this doesn't halt progression. :O

Look at all these chickens
addict
addict
Puzzle was working fine when I first came across it late last night. Didn't solve it. Saved the game, tried the next day and encountered this issue. I didn't solve attempt to try solving it in that state. Something saved for another playthough when it is hopefully fixed.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I can confirm the exact same thing happening. I had to reload an old save. It works ONLY when you first arrive in the room. Leaving in any manner causes the glitch to occur. I have tried fast traveling out, camping and even leaving the sub area all cause this to happen.
I have also found that completing the puzzle causes it too. If you save immediately after and reload the save, the puzzle will be glitched.
When the puzzle is glitched, the tiles seems to reset every time you turn them, and the symbols are un determinable. it says moon but turning will change it to a half moon, etc..

Spoiler ahead:

Later on after saving Halson, you will need to go to moonrise towers. This is one of the paths you may take, I have not tried taking the other path yet so i do not know if this is progression breaking or not.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
I wanted to put in an additional wrinkle to this issue.

In addition to logging out and logging back in causing the moon pieces to vanish, I also got some of the moon pieces disappearing when I left the room and returned, even without logging out. I did that because a couple of people in my party were having a conversation when I first entered the room, talking about how this was described in "that journal" or something like that. I don't remember ever reading anything of the sort. Of course, I'm so out of order on this game and had to roll back about two hours of game play, but that's a different issue. I left the room because I thought it might have been in one of the journals or books that I left behind in the goblin priestess' bedchamber. It wasn't there, or at least the clue wasn't in anything I remember reading in there.

Additionally, When I returned to the room, Pale Elf guy succeeded at a perception check that the rest of the party failed, noting "something interesting", but I never saw what he thought was so cool. Based on reading above, I'm assuming now that he found/saw the lever to open the door, which I suspect only gets a roll to appear if you solved the puzzle correctly. But I have no clue if I did solve the puzzle correctly, and I can't find the lever now. Also, after saving and returning to the room, as all others above are posting, the moon phase sigils (sp?) have completely vanished, and I have no clue what is up.

***SPOILER WARNING*** from this point.

Didn't realize it to be a path to the Underdark, but since the Drow and the goblins are working together, I'm not surprised to read that. I expected it to be a path to an underground prison where Haslin (the real ArchDruid) is being held.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Something similar just happened to me. I came across the puzzle a few days ago, attempted to solve it, left, and came back today. When I entered the chamber again today, pieces were missing and would randomly vanish and reappear when I moved the tiles. Moreover, there seemed to be two layers of tiles in the floor, one that moved and one on top of the other that remained stationary.

apprentice
apprentice
The same problem here. I'd already tried back some savegames and it didn't work.

addict
addict
I had the same issue, and after reloading a game before the first visit to the puzzle room, it worked. Even though the initial puzzle was also empty, the moons popped up consistently as the wheels turned.

The first time I did it, it looked like several moons were in the same spot and it never returned to noemal.
It was also reported in this thread, where there are some alternatives to bypass the riddle.

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=753437#Post753437

Link Copied to Clipboard