Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#754692 03/02/21 02:05 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello all, I have seen a few different threads about this, but never one that answered my specific issue. I have added some mods to my game, nothing too crazy, just wanted to test somethings with my friends.

however, upon setting up a mulitplayer server through steam, as all of us use steam out of me and my two friends, try are unable to connect whatsoever. Their picture will appear in the slots for a few seconds, then they are kicked somehow .

They have the same mods, the same files, iveven sent them my files, and we are on the same platform. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Reality is just an Opinion. One I happen to disagree with.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by FallenLord
Hello all, I have seen a few different threads about this, but never one that answered my specific issue. I have added some mods to my game, nothing too crazy, just wanted to test somethings with my friends.

however, upon setting up a mulitplayer server through steam, as all of us use steam out of me and my two friends, try are unable to connect whatsoever. Their picture will appear in the slots for a few seconds, then they are kicked somehow .

They have the same mods, the same files, iveven sent them my files, and we are on the same platform. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Have you tried with the mods removed? The first step is removing all variables to the problem and mods are a big one.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

Have you tried with the mods removed? The first step is removing all variables to the problem and mods are a big one.

Whenever I remove them, the problem persists, until I completely delete and reinstall the game. And I understand bugs are bound to happen. It just seems strange to me, maybe I'm doing sonething wrong?

S
addict
addict
S

Whenever I remove them, the problem persists, until I completely delete and reinstall the game. And I understand bugs are bound to happen. It just seems strange to me, maybe I'm doing sonething wrong?

So multiplayer works when you have a clean install?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So far, but if I add a mod at all, no one can join. It kicks them, and my friend said he got one error message once that said something about a Gustaf file being changed and an error occurred, but nothing else since.

S
addict
addict
S
So far, but if I add a mod at all, no one can join. It kicks them, and my friend said he got one error message once that said something about a Gustaf file being changed and an error occurred, but nothing else since.

Well then it’s the mod. The game is in EA and mods are not officially supported. I’m not sure what else to tell you.

You mod at your own risk.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I apologize, I was trying to see if I had done something wrong, I fully understand the risks of modding an early access game. I was asking to see if perhaps I had done something wrong file wise, as I had read where others had been able to mod and do multiplayer, but no matter what mod, or how many, I can't get it to work.

I have tried nearly every mod on the nexus to see if it was just one, from adding new customization options, to adding spells, or even adding more levels and feats, and one mod that changes how often you get magic weapons, but no matter what, no one can connect.

I even sent my friends the exact files and changes I had through email and discord, but they show up in the player box for a second, then get kicked to the main menu. It says session timed out for them, for me I just see them pop up and out. My best friend said the error message he got was something like:

"Mod 'Gustav' and/or it's dependencies don't match the servers. This can be caused by corrupt files or some files have been changed."

So, we uninstalled all mods by deleting all the files, and then try to reconnect, and simply can't do so, so we have to delete every file in the game folder on steam, and reinstall, then make new profiles, and then connect again, and it works somehow. It's very confusing, so I was trying to see if I had misunderstood the issue, or if i had installed wrong, I apologize if I sounded flippant or unappreciative of the help, I've been stuck at my job all day til just now and am able to answer more.

S
addict
addict
S
Oh no need to apologize. It’s hard to convey tone in these comments. I wasn’t trying to be aggressive.

Just stating it’s EA and things will break and more things will break with mods. smile

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Well, I appreciate all you're help ((And the explanation on tone, some people don't get that.)) I'm going to try something I found and see if it helps, but if not, the vanilla is fine with me. smile Have a good one!

S
addict
addict
S
Let us know what you find. I’m sure there’s others who want to know.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Let us know what you find. I’m sure there’s others who want to know.

I used the newer non-candor mod manager, I believe it's called baldur's gate mod manager on the baldur's gate 3 nexus, to install most of my mods, and now it works! I dunno why, but it does.

Link Copied to Clipboard