Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
D
D
Originally Posted by Capt.Wells
I will take any bug fixes and glitch repairs that they choose to patch, but I would also really like a more reasonable way to report issues without being completely ignored and/or blown off to be left flapping in the breeze sans any acknowledgment that an attempt that outreach was mounted in the first place!
Agreed. I honestly don't know whether reporting actual bugs through the feedback page is a waste of time or not. Or is the forum a better place? Honestly no idea...

veteran
veteran
When I report bugs through their official form, I'll always get an email response back acknowledging it, and usually within a couple of days an email from an actual person letting me know whether it's a known issue, an intended element, something they'll start a report on, or asking me for more details. I feel far less ignored doing those than I do with the reports I put up here (by Larian, folks here have been very supportive!).

(though to be sure, if you're submitting bug reports, use the bug report form, not the feedback form. The bug report form is at: https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3?ver=4.1.90.6165#modal )

Last edited by Niara; 05/02/21 12:31 AM.
update the game already

enthusiast
enthusiast
Now more than 60 days since the last patch.

Last patch did a lot to improve the player-character's facial expressions at various times...definitely on the right track. My ranger's expressions now are about 60% as expressive as the supporting NPCs in the party--so definitely on the right track there...;) Some work still lies ahead, of course.

Judging by the number of official patches issued in the last two months, it seems that my suggestion for smaller, regular patches no more than two weeks apart has been rejected...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Waltc

Last patch did a lot to improve the player-character's facial expressions at various times...definitely on the right track. My ranger's expressions now are about 60% as expressive as the supporting NPCs in the party--so definitely on the right track there...;) Some work still lies ahead, of course.

Judging by the number of official patches issued in the last two months, it seems that my suggestion for smaller, regular patches no more than two weeks apart has been rejected...;)
Well with all of us providing feedback on combat, I'm sure they've had more meetings than anticipated to improve combat. We don't think about it, but our feedback can easily become meetings for Larian employees.

It's hard to push out patches at two week intervals when you're in meetings about player feedback. wink

S
addict
addict
S
Combat.
Movement.
5e rules.
Spells.

Like, we are talking basic framework here.

Where's the patch? Where's the updates?

Even an ETA of an ETA...

G
addict
addict
G
If you say something is coming soon, just gives us another update. It's been weeks since then. The anticipation into the 3rd month for what?

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I'm starting to wonder if Larian are going into the politics business. You know announce everything at least 200 times before it ever happens just to shut the plebs up. Forget the announcements just give a decent update. You know just a bit more than jumping over puddles as exciting that was and all. This game is dying its been months now since an update.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
Originally Posted by Waltc

Well with all of us providing feedback on combat, I'm sure they've had more meetings than anticipated to improve combat. We don't think about it, but our feedback can easily become meetings for Larian employees.

It's hard to push out patches at two week intervals when you're in meetings about player feedback. wink

Granted--sometimes in companies it is easy for the "meetings" to begin taking precedence over product development...that's why every company needs solid, decisive people in charge so that the developers do not lose focus on product development. It's purely a management issue. One part meeting to five parts game development is about the right ratio, imo, otherwise there's a real danger of getting bogged down in indecision and going to ever-more "meetings" to try and sort it out...;) I've seen it, actually! It's weird how "meetings" can suddenly become "work" themselves, instead holding meetings to make decisions about work--and so on.

I was actually kidding about the "two-week" patch regimen, sort of...;) Some sort of regular communication should be happening, however, as the people who have paid for EA sort of deserve it, I think. They are paying customers.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
stranger
stranger
I bought this game, about a week ago. And to be honest, it is freaking awesome. The concept that it is pushing. I think will be a amazing game once early access is complete and the game releases full fledged. But with that out of the way, the game really needs a update. Or at least a update this week (beginning of February) on how the update is coming along. I continue to try to play but the bugs and the glitches and the incomplete combat and game make it so hard to play and instead of the game relaxing me it stresses me out. Which makes it hard to play (I usually play games to relax after a long day of work). Please give us some form of update, something that we can hold on to until a true update comes through.

Originally Posted by JKirkInTexas
I bought this game, about a week ago. And to be honest, it is freaking awesome. The concept that it is pushing. I think will be a amazing game once early access is complete and the game releases full fledged. But with that out of the way, the game really needs a update. Or at least a update this week (beginning of February) on how the update is coming along. I continue to try to play but the bugs and the glitches and the incomplete combat and game make it so hard to play and instead of the game relaxing me it stresses me out. Which makes it hard to play (I usually play games to relax after a long day of work). Please give us some form of update, something that we can hold on to until a true update comes through.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I don't get comments like that.

You contradict yourself after two sentences.

You say the game is awesome, and you say the game is hard to play and stresses you out.

We simply don't know, if the game will be amazing once it's finished. Sure, most people hope so, but we don't KNOW.

veteran
veteran
[b][/b]You know what ?

The next week is a school holiday week here in Belgium.
I think they won't release a patch during holliday with all parents keeping their children at home.

I guess the patch is for this week... Or we'll have to wait until the 02/22+

Last edited by Maximuuus; 10/02/21 09:48 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Yes, that, and also new files with exotic names which recently appeared on Steam :
patch4_str ; patch4_paktest
So I bet on this week now

G
addict
addict
G
Patch will be today. Summer2020 is being updated. Finally.

N
N
Are you sure?

stranger
stranger
This is what it looks like right now on the Steam Database. For reference, "patch3" showed up in the log a day ahead of the official patch release. So we're looking at an announcement by the end of the week, probably. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Dan Quail; 10/02/21 03:03 PM.
N
N
I hope you are right wink

stranger
stranger
I my god can’t believe I survived until this day. Gods, please, give us a patch

I am not native English speaker, so if you feel pain reading my posts, blame Babylon.
Lots of love <3
B
B
Larian has studios in several countries so vacation time in one country doesn't mean they can't launch or continue to work. Also, the patch4 info has been on SteamDB for a long while now. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see patch 4 this week but I don't see any strong indicators one way or another.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by daMichi
You say the game is awesome, and you say the game is hard to play and stresses you out.

Never played Dark Souls? It might be contradictory but makes perfect sense to me. wink

Originally Posted by Bomor
Larian has studios in several countries so vacation time in one country doesn't mean they can't launch or continue to work. Also, the patch4 info has been on SteamDB for a long while now. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see patch 4 this week but I don't see any strong indicators one way or another.

That's a buzz kill. I check these forums every other day and the "new post" indicators on "Latest News" is always a let down.

Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard